• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I'd say playing Bayonetta 1 first is better for making the prologue of Bayo 2 be that much more impactful. If you start right from Bayo 2, you won't know or care much for the characters and what happens won't be quite as VaderNOOOOOOO.gif. Not that the story is all that important or the characters super well written, but I still like both Bayo & Jeanne as characters & their relationship and what they do to Jeanne at the prologue of Bayo 2 is just ;__;

I just can't do it, Bayonetta is one of my favorite games, but I just can't stand the cutscenes in this game. I started skipping them after a few hours of my first playthrough, and obviously all subsequent replays.

I'll give Bayo 2 a chance, but I'm fairly sure I'll start skipping them within an hour or so, too.

I've beat Bayonetta 3 times, but it's been at least 3 years since the last time, so I'll probably start with Bayo 1, just because.

Coda

get.gif

Four more days...

You must have really missed something. The whole "Bayonetta 1 as a pack-in" is all regions! Only difference is EU only is thatthey get a glorious Collector's Edition.

But there's two SKU's: Bayonetta 1+2 and Bayonetta 2. The latter is cheaper, so I guess it dosn't include the first game?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Totally skint so can't buy it any time soon, and it seems pretty perfect :(

JayEH

Pre ordered at gamestop early today. I beat the first Bayonetta in August and have been casually replaying it the last couple of weeks in anticipation for Friday.

AdanVC

I'm glad this game looks to be awesome. Only disheartening thing is that Bayo 1 had essentially the same average score and still sold poorly.

IMO essential is about the highest praise you can give something without sounding like PR.

That's a good way to put it, I agree. It's essential that everyone who enjoy videogames play Bayonetta 2 :)

Help me out GAF, after some unavoidable expenses im short on cash for Bayo 2 so i'm planning on trading in some old games to pay it off. Whats the best place to trade in games? I know Gamestop is like the plague here but apparently I can get 20$ for Pikmin 3(Got it for 10$ + I have it digital already thanks to the MK8 promo so no loss) but that seems too high and feel if I go there ill only get like a two bucks.

Help me out GAF, after some unavoidable expenses im short on cash for Bayo 2 so i'm planning on trading in some old games to pay it off. Whats the best place to trade in games? I know Gamestop is like the plague here but apparently I can get 20$ for Pikmin 3(Got it for 10$ + I have it digital already thanks to the MK8 promo so no loss) but that seems too high and feel if I go there ill only get like a two bucks.

Best advice is the try to scout out any indie game shops as they tend to give better deals as they obviously want to stick out from the big boys. Failing that try local websites where you post an ad of your item for a fee of your choosing, like eBay, Craigslist or Kijiji if you're in Canada.

eBay is specifically for online exchanges, but I recommend doing local with someone in person so you're never screwed and also no worries about shipping charges. :p

OR, we have a thread on GAF for selling items!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895748

If you do a local transaction, of course be careful and always meet in a public area like a mall or something. :)

Famassu

I think the Collector's Edition (the one pictured in the gif) is alot more expensive than the "regular" Bayo2.
There are actually 3 SKUs for Bayo 2 in Europe. Solus Bayonetta 2 for ~30£, Bayonetta 2 incl. Bayonetta 1 for around 40£ and the Collector's Edition for premium pricing (70-80£?). So Bayo 1 is not _free_ in Europe, but you can still get the definitive edition of one of the best games ever by paying 10£ extra for the 1 + 2 bundle. Of course if you think that the normal price of retail games is usually around 40£, you can get the two games for the price of one usual retail priced games, which is really good value for your money. :p But as there IS the (relatively cheap) solus package for Bayo 2, you can't technically say Bayo 1 comes with Bayo 2 for free.

I would try posting on craigslist first (be safe about it obviously). Only downside is that Pikmin may not be a hot item on there

Best advice is the try to scout out any indie game shops as they tend to give better deals as they obviously want to stick out from the big boys. Failing that try local websites where you post an ad of your item for a fee of your choosing, like eBay, Craigslist or Kijiji if you're in Canada.

eBay is specifically for online exchanges, but I recommend doing local with someone in person so you're never screwed and also no worries about shipping charges. :p

OR, we have a thread on GAF for selling items!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895748

Shoulda mentioned that this is gonna be a physical trade in, no online sadly. No paypal account/CC so my options seem limited :|

There are actually 3 SKUs for Bayo 2 in Europe. Solus Bayonetta 2 for ~30£, Bayonetta 2 incl. Bayonetta 1 for around 40£ and the Collector's Edition for premium pricing (70-80£?). So Bayo 1 is not _free_ in Europe, but you can still get the definitive edition of one of the best games ever by paying 10£ extra for the 1 + 2 bundle. Of course if you think that the normal price of retail games is usually around 40£, you can get the two games for the price of one usual retail priced games, which is really good value for your money. :p But as there IS the (relatively cheap) solus package for Bayo 2, you can't technically say Bayo 1 comes with Bayo 2 for free.

Well, thanks for this, I was kinda confused.

Not sure if get the 1+2 package, I have the 360 version, but again the improved framerate and extras may be worth the extra price...

Shoulda mentioned that this is gonna be a physical trade in, no online sadly. No paypal account/CC so my options seem limited :|

Yeah I don't do online sales either, I always prefer local and seeing what I'm buying and whatnot before forking over my cash, once my cousin helped me buy a sealed game off of Amazon from a 3rd-party seller (wasn't terribly expensive), it came, turned out to be a iffy used copy in shrink-wrap. :/

Yeah I don't do online sales either, I always prefer local and seeing what I'm buying and whatnot before forking over my cash, once my cousin helped me buy a sealed game off of Amazon from a 3rd-party seller (wasn't terribly expensive), it came, turned out to be a iffy used copy in shrink-wrap. :/

Yikes, I've had something similar happen to a friend when he was buying a Pokemon game. He bought Fire Red and when it came it was in the Fire Red box the game was just some shovelware game with its cartridge painted red.

SalvaPot

I'm buying into the hype Gaf. I was really debating between Hyrule Warriors vs Bayonetta 2 for my next purchase, but seen that HW did fine in sales I believe it is my moral duty to get Bayo and join you all in making this game a success.

It better be good or I'll not share my Mexican Candies with any of you.

I'm buying into the hype Gaf. I was really debating between Hyrule Warriors vs Bayonetta 2 for my next purchase, but seen that HW did fine in sales I believe it is my moral duty to get Bayo and join you all in making this game a success.

Buy both then lament the fact that Smash Bros comes out just weeks after and how broke your gonna be by Thanksgiving.

random25

Buy Hyrule Warriors too man. Don't skip on really good games :p

Oh god and I'm not thinking about Fantasy Life and Pokemon ORAS, my wallet is going to so empty it'll become exclusively an ID holder.

This is exactly the same boat I'm in, hence why im down to trading in a couple games to pay off Bayo 2. Bought Hyrule Warriors and Smash 3DS on launch day, I have no idea how i'll be able to get enough money in time for Pokemon and Smash WiiU since my summer job is over.

Buy Hyrule Warriors too man. Don't skip on really good games :p

Yes I am quite impressed by Hyrule Warriors. The Zelda-Touch really helped the Dynasty Warriors formula from being a nice game to a really good one. I think I can not play a normal Dynasty Warriors game after flashed with Hyrule Warriors.

But these are very different type of games. One who will love Bayonetta 2 will not necessarily love Hyrule Warriors and vice versa.

SalvaPot

This is exactly the same boat I'm in, hence why im down to trading in a couple games to pay off Bayo 2. Bought Hyrule Warriors and Smash 3DS on launch day, I have no idea how i'll be able to get enough money in time for Pokemon and Smash WiiU since my summer job is over.

Its funny how it was pretty much dry for most of the year, and suddendly its raining games.

I hope sales on my store pick-up before November ends or I'll have to settle with Bayo, Smash and Pokemon, and get HW and FL later on...

burgerdog

Amazon still hasn't updated my order to release date delivery, I tried changing to 1 day and back to 2 day prime. Getting kind of worried now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom