• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
fWDEmvj.jpg

Done and done.

344f148238488166e812cae596a2217438e87396929acf3ec0df24ebcc6262dc.jpg

Zero²

You guys know what are the generally best HDDs to buy? Been thinking on getting bayo digitally so I dont need to wait so long for it to reach retail here.
Besides its way way cheaper

Sayter

Zero²;135368296 said:
You guys know what are the generally best HDDs to buy? Been thinking on getting bayo digitally so I dont need to wait so long for it to reach retail here.

Nintendo has a list on their website. :)

lt519

Zero²;135368296 said:

I bought a Toshiba Canvio 500GB on amazon and a Y cable (make sure it has the right adapter) for like $55 total. Works fantastic, doesn't need a power source, and holds plenty of games. You of course can get the TB version for a tad more.

Edit: it's also tiny

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J7YA64/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005M0ICG2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hypron

So apparently the game comes out this Saturday here in NZ. The stored I ordered it at told me they're trying to get it delivered that day but if the courier can't make it I'll have to wait until next Tuesday because of the long weekend. Hopefully I get it on Saturday, I need this game in my life.

Jintor

Reading through the Bayo 2 announcement thread. It feels wild to go back that far, when the nearly impossible happened and hilarity (and angry port-begging) ensued.

Compared back then to what we know now, and to be able to play it in just a few days....
Amazing.

Part of me hopes the thread will be added to the OT.

I can't remember which direct it was where apropos of nothing Nintendo dropped the trailer, but I remember that shit being wild

Revenile

I can't remember which direct it was where apropos of nothing Nintendo dropped the trailer, but I remember that shit being wild

I have never seen people so angry. I mean mega64s video was kinda right in a way about how heavy the rage was. People are still hoping Platinum releases like a "Beyonetta 2 Umbran Climax" edition or something for the other consoles. Although something still lingers in my mind, that one guy who said they were gonna kick a dolphin in the vagina... did he ever do it, this must be found out!

Amazon going to ship the day of release on a Nintendo game ... does not surprise me.

Anyways, I am picking this up Sunday because Friday I am way too busy and I can wait one day. Hope you guys have fun on the 24th/25th!

random25

Zmart Chile.

10425139_10152806554133988_1667954491711696433_n.jpg

Maybe i will visit a friend of a friend who works there, and make him an offer he can't refuse.

:nickysantoro:

Oh yes it's coming! I'm debating whether to download it or wait next week for the retail copies to arrive here (sad that shops here are always late for Wii U retail games).

I was a Bayonetta virgin until my Japanese copy of the dual pack arrived 3 days ago. Am now up to Chapter 4 of the first game and loving it so much. For obvious reasons, it bears a lot of similarities to The Wonderful 101, which I absolutely loved, and already I'm leaning towards agreeing that Bayonetta might be a better game. And I know I've only just begun.

All that to say; I can't imagine what Bayonetta 2 has in store.

I was a Bayonetta virgin until my Japanese copy of the dual pack arrived 3 days ago. Am now up to Chapter 4 of the first game and loving it so much. For obvious reasons, it bears a lot of similarities to The Wonderful 101, which I absolutely loved, and already I'm leaning towards agreeing that Bayonetta might be a better game. And I know I've only just begun.

All that to say; I can't imagine what Bayonetta 2 has in store.

I wish i could experience the original Bayonetta again, im glad you're enjoying it!!

JohngPR

I was trying to figure out how I could go digital on this and got a great idea from someone.

Earlier this summer I replaced my PS4's stock 500GB HDD with a 2TB drive (one that I took out of it's enclosure to put into the PS4 since it was essentially a regular sized 2.5 drive with Micro B adapter in an enclosure).

Well, I had that drive (and luckily the enclosure of the old one) laying around and didn't really know what to do with it. So I bought THIS from Amazon and was able to re-purpose my 500TB drive I had laying around. I put this drive in the enclosure that was meant for the 2TB that I put into my PS4 and hooked it up to my Wii U. Good stuff!

DsHfjGp.jpg

I'm still knee deep in my backlog, but I'll be getting this day one to support it. I'll be playing it once I finish Shadow of Mordor. :D

vg260

Can anyone who played the Japanese version already generally compare it to the first game? I'm curious why this seems to be getting so much more praise this time. Does its rescue from Nintendo seem to be influencing reviews? I don't recall the first one getting as much praise as it probably deserved, but I could be wrong. Is the game significantly improved from the first or take the gameplay to new places and refine things better or just more of what worked?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I have a Wii U but I'm kind of broke right now. I'm debating trading in DKCTF to help pay for this game..even though I'm only half way through it.

fred

Reading through the Bayo 2 announcement thread. It feels wild to go back that far, when the nearly impossible happened and hilarity (and angry port-begging) ensued.

Compared back then to what we know now, and to be able to play it in just a few days....
Amazing.

Part of me hopes the thread will be added to the OT.

This is hands down the best quote from the entire thread:

Sega just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for WiiU, nor will they purchase any of Sega's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and cancel Bayonetta for WiiU or you can kiss your business goodbye.

If I was a mod I wouldn't have banned him just for the comedy value of the post lmfao

Whoever is doing the OT for Bayonetta 2 has to include some of the Nerd Rage posts from that thread, some of them are hilarious lololol

Whoever is doing the OT for Bayonetta 2 has to include some of the Nerd Rage posts from that thread, some of them are hilarious lololol

pls god no

we had TWO FUCKIN YEARS of port begging and nerd rage overtaking any actual discussion of the game...can we just talk about the fuckin' game in the OT, can we not encourage any more of that. No snarky "only on Wii U :3" header, no "wall of shame", none of that shit

Christ

Saro

Why can't NOA bring the special edition copies here? I want it so bad. (Who am I kidding it will probably be a Nintendo World Store exclusive on release day with only 20 copies <.<) What's worse is that I live in New York city and commute very close to the Nintendo World store but my classes are early and long :(

Herr K

Banned
Why can't NOA bring the special edition copies here? I want it so bad. (Who am I kidding it will probably be a Nintendo World Store exclusive on release day with only 20 copies <.<) What's worse is that I live in New York city and commute very close to the Nintendo World store but my classes are early and long :(
Skip. Those. Shits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom