• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on Earth could this post possibly be designed to do other than troll?

how is it trolling?

Just think it's funny the drumbeat of "gfx dont matter" in some circles, when we all know what we're supposed to think about that tweet, And it aint the gameplay.

But anyways move on, people's lack of respect for gfx is my own little pet peeve.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
He's talking about the tripled poly count on Bayonetta's arse.

Tain

Trying to build an image in my head of someone somehow having their jaw drop at pure, isolated mechanics without any of it being passed through the aesthetics at all.

Maybe it's like the hair thing in Avatar.

Neiteio

I'm sure Bayo2 looks fantastic, as per that inside tweet, but why do people immediately think, "This must refer to the graphics." What comes to mind for me is, "Bayo2 probably blew him away with the sheer variety and unbridled creativity of its different scenarios." Watch the trailers for Bayo1 and that is what makes an impression: Not so much the visuals, but seeing something like a giant inverted angel face with dragons coming of its chin, and Bayonetta suplexing said angel/dragon, and so on. Just sheer straight-up unadulterated over-the-top awesome.

but graphics dont matter.

anyways need footage. maybe this will be the game that finally shows that elusive "wii u edge"

Oh christ is this the ridiculous avatar i now have to stare at when im reading your slanty posts?

By the way, there are a ton of games that show the Wii U edge if you are a gamer and not a gamer.

how is it trolling?

Just think it's funny the drumbeat of "gfx dont matter" in some circles, when we all know what we're supposed to think about that tweet, And it aint the gameplay.

But anyways move on, people's lack of respect for gfx is my own little pet peeve.

Are you still going to go on and on about it even though the actual stance is that graphics dont matter "that much" and not "at all"?

You are hearing what you want.

Neiteio

I would like to see a Bayo2 trailer dropped before the WiiU launch to spike hype for the core, but more realistically they will save it for a post-launch lull... Those are the best-case scenarios. Based on past precedent, saving any footage for E3 2013 would be the only "safe" bet.

Raptor

Trying to build an image in my head of someone somehow having their jaw drop at pure, isolated mechanics without any of it being passed through the aesthetics at all.

Maybe it's like the hair thing in Avatar.

Yeah my jaw was on the floor after seeing the Guide Video, some of those combos are just insane!

I would like to see a Bayo2 trailer dropped before the WiiU launch to spike hype for the core, but more realistically they will save it for a post-launch lull... Those are the best-case scenarios. Based on past precedent, saving any footage for E3 2013 would be the only "safe" bet.

WiiU launch demo
believe

I would like to know how far this game was when Nintendo came in... and how long will it be before a Demo... putting it with Wonderful 101 would be a smart move

how is it trolling?

"Respect graphics" Are you fucking kidding me? No I respect great games and if the developers can make awesome worlds without cutting edge graphics. I respect Square's DS/PSP output more than anything they've released on consoles.

It was actually probably the spectacle.

Bayonetta's graphics have never been amazing, but the things you were doing were always turned to 11.

But specialguy is psychic so clearly we should cede to him.

Nibel

Who the fuck said that he talks about the game's visuals?

Rising is no Crysis and still looks fucking impressive - not because of textures or whatever, but because of the game itself and I'm pretty sure that this is what JP means

Man.

Linkhero1

Rising is no Crysis and still looks fucking impressive - not because of textures or whatever, but because of the game itself and I'm pretty sure that this is what JP means

Man.

Nibel. Tell me that you're ok.

I wouldn't get too riled about about some of the people in this thread. They probably just don't know better.

Nibel

Nibel. Tell me that you're ok.

I wouldn't get too riled about about some of the people in this thread. They probably just don't know better.

ibfsRAKy4ensWK.gif

It's just that some posts are special and some are not :lol
Seriously, why talk about the visuals when the tweet doesn't really say much about them? Alberto said it more eloquently than me

TreIII

He's talking about the tripled poly count on Bayonetta's arse.

As he should be. :lol

But seriously, I just really want to see where they go with this second game. The overall gameplay. The combat mechanics. The possible new (playable?) rival character. And dammit, the deliciously over-the-top crackpot storyline.

I mean, really, when your protagonist's storyline culminates in her going all Shin Megami Tensei and
kicking God's ass into the fucking sun
, you just got to wonder how they're going to keep up the ante.

should not tease like this. Seriously I need to see this but with Nintendo calling the shoots good luck seeing this until E3

E3?

I'd honestly expect something at a future Nintendo Direct over E3, given how much regard Ninty gives E3 here lately...

Linkhero1

http://i.minus.com/ibfsRAKy4ensWK.gif[IMG]

It's just that some posts are special and some are not :lol
Seriously, why talk about the visuals when the tweet doesn't really say much about them? Alberto said it more eloquently than me[/QUOTE]

It's alright. I feel your pain. People tend to take things out of context. In this case we have no information to base the tweeters reaction off of aside from the game being Bayonetta 2 :P

Mzo

I'd honestly expect something at a future Nintendo Direct over E3, given how much regard Ninty gives E3 here lately...
I would assume that it's time to kick some ass on the other side of the spectrum. She doesn't have any particular loyalty towards Hell and it wouldn't take much to figure out a script where she gets betrayed.

Fabrik

Banned
Here are the things I hope they fix in Bayonette 2:

- No crappy vehicule stages or at least make them fun and polished.
- The huge boss fights were not particularly interesting to fight. Fighting Jeanne was more fun.
- Make the flow between levels faster or almost invisible like Uncharted.
- Improve the way the story is told. The static cut-scenes were crap/cheap. Make them short and have the same look as the ingame graphics. No crappy compression.

Anteater

I hope there are no more backtracking for Alfheim, add more depths to stuff like parrying/butterflies/torture attacks and make each of them more unique to use. I wouldn't mind some kind of style system like DMC3.

I found some of the big boss fights really boring in bayonetta to be honest, less of those "attack 5 weakpoints to get to the next phase" stuff.

Verses should be longer or at least have less cutscenes inbetween them, it was bizarre how you could beat a verse in a minute on normal and the cutscene lasts equally as long if not longer than that.

No more cutscene QTEs. Godhand-esque reaction/counter ones are perfectly fine, keep those.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
- Make the flow between levels faster or almost invisible like Uncharted.

uhhhhhhhh.....

I like stage select personally. and I'm cautious of the phrase "make it like uncharted" by nature I guess.

My biggest problems with Bayo1 were being able to see where they got thrifty. The film strip cutscenes(though it worked out as a neat stylistic choice in the end) and stages entirely comprised of recycled assets were the biggest offenders to me.

"@PG_jp: In happier news, I had to buy a power loader to pick my jaw off the floor after watching some Bayonetta 2 today."

Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Behold. Someone who has evidently not played or seen any footage of Bayonetta.

The graphics weren't the most jawdropping thing about the original, by a long shot.
You haven't met our special guy before, I take it.

pramath

Banned

Man.

Jesus calm down... he probably was talking about graphics.

No need to have a meltdown.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to know how far this game was when Nintendo came in... and how long will it be before a Demo... putting it with Wonderful 101 would be a smart move

I don't think Nintendo handles demos like that.

pramath

Banned
If Bayonetta 2 is anything like the original, he probably wasn't.

Anything like the original on PS3 maybe... it was gorgeous on Xbox.

Now with more powerful hardware and Nintendo backing it financially it could be one of the best looking and playing games ever created.

pramath

Banned
A tweet from JP Kellams that I don't think has been posted yet:

"@PG_jp: In happier news, I had to buy a power loader to pick my jaw off the floor after watching some Bayonetta 2 today."

https://twitter.com/pg_jp/status/251677983960616960

Lucky man, sounds promising.

Dat Wii u,

so hot right now.

I didn't even see this tweet wow!

As I said,

I'd imagine with Nintendo backing this game financially it could be one of the best looking and playing games ever.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If Bayonetta 2 is anything like the original, he probably wasn't.

Only gaf can spin an excited and enthusiastic tweet into something tiresome to argue about.

I don't know why but just knowing there's a playable build running gets me pumped.

Hope we get to see it before the new year

Anything like the original on PS3 maybe... it was gorgeous on Xbox.

Now with more powerful hardware and Nintendo backing it financially it could be one of the best looking and playing games ever created.

My dude! I've been thinking the same thing

I'm excited at the prospect of it being optimized on the most powerful existing console.

Expecting the performance to be higher than anything that could be achieved while attempting to maintain port parity on a multiplatform release.

Jesus calm down... he probably was talking about graphics.

No need to have a meltdown.

Whereas I'd take that as gameplay myself, since that's what Platinum does best.

Kind of like how Metal Gear Rising doesn't look jaw dropping or anything but the in game footage still wowed everyone because of what was being done.

Fabrik

Banned
uhhhhhhhh.....

I like stage select personally. and I'm cautious of the phrase "make it like uncharted" by nature I guess.

The seamless of the first walk-through doesn't exclude a chapter select screen.
I think the total result screen, then the shooting minigame and then the map/puppet screen were a bit too much.

I just finished up a replay of the game recently and I have to say I had forgotten how painful the end is, it goes on FOREVER. Other than that still a fantastic game.

you mean the end credits or the final chapter to epilogue?

Cus it felt the last few chapters felt amazing for me.

I think the total result screen, then the shooting minigame and then the map/puppet screen were a bit too much.

angel attack is by far the worse part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom