• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The seamless of the first walk-through doesn't exclude a chapter select screen.
I think the total result screen, then the shooting minigame and then the map/puppet screen were a bit too much.

I like all of those personally, but I guess the end result is whatever the team decides

angel attack is by far the worse part of the game.

I found it pretty addicting for a while. I got super good at leading the 10 point ones after a while

Wouldn't miss it but I've got no problem with Kamiya(or I guess Hashimoto this time around) putting some of his tastes in the game

but yeah now that I think about it with Kamiya no longer directing alot of those arcade and shooter game sections might be gone anyways, as I think those were mostly his idea.

I found it pretty addicting for a while. I got super good at leading the 10 point ones after a while

Wouldn't miss it but I've got no problem with Kamiya(or I guess Hashimoto this time around) putting some of his tastes in the game

but yeah now that I think about it with Kamiya no longer directing alot of those arcade and shooter game sections might be gone anyways, as I think those were mostly his idea.

id have no problem with it staying with it being optional, like the Anheim portals.

Just don't force it on me at the end of every chapter.

pramath

Banned
The seamless of the first walk-through doesn't exclude a chapter select screen.
I think the total result screen, then the shooting minigame and then the map/puppet screen were a bit too much.

The minigames between levels with the Wii U gamepad could be epic :D

I think its a bit funny to say "graphics are king when it comes to hardcore", seeing as how no gameplay was shown at all to indicate the appearance of the game, yet its title alone caused massive discussion. It was the game itself that caused that.

Phazon

I hope we get some Off TV play as well

Bayonetta on my bed.... Uh oh.

I see what you did there :p

bayonetta_wii_u_gamepad.jpg

TreIII

I would assume that it's time to kick some ass on the other side of the spectrum. She doesn't have any particular loyalty towards Hell and it wouldn't take much to figure out a script where she gets betrayed.

I dunno! As long as there's a vague possibility of another type of "Megaten-ism" in the mix? Maybe the fact that
Jubileus was ready and willing to wipe out all existence
was just a syndrome that showcases something's really wrong with the "world" itself.

I mean, Hashimoto talked about how he wanted to explore more about the "trinity of realities". I'd like to think that the next big threat would have to be something that would threaten all of them, or at least, would be grand enough in scale that would force Bayonetta, Jeanne and possibly the new guy/girl to work together.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I dunno! As long as there's a vague possibility of another type of "Megaten-ism" in the mix? Maybe the fact that
Jubileus was ready and willing to wipe out all existence
was just a syndrome that showcases something's really wrong with the "world" itself.

Yeah, but
she'd done it before. Jubileus wiped out the last universe, was imprisoned because of it to allow this one to thrive, and as soon as she was revived decided to do it all over again. Jubileus is cray cray.

Endo Punk

As DOA fan in the early days I too know how it feels to lose a game to another platform, but come on! Bayonetta fans have to be trolling, right? Anyway give it a decade I'm sure it will return to your preferred platform, lol. Better yet get the damn WiiU.

zroid

Banned
I can't help but wonder how Nintendo execs would react to this kind of "fan" outrage. Are they laughing? Crying? Or just confused?

It must be so bizarre to look upon this kerfuffle from the outside and attempt to understand how it's possible for people to be this emotionally invested not only in an unreleased video game, but the platforms that it is (or isn't) available on.

Is there any other industry where something like this could potentially happen? I can't really think of any, but maybe that's just because I myself would be among those standing on the outside, looking in.

Yeah, but
she'd done it before. Jubileus wiped out the last universe, was imprisoned because of it to allow this one to thrive, and as soon as she was revived decided to do it all over again. Jubileus is cray cray.

me and my love for spoilers... watch Nintendo come out and say Bayo1 is being ported before to hits and I just spoiled myself :p this story sounds so familiar, are we talking about
Xenoblade
?

wizzbang

Banned
I'm pretty sad about this being a Wii U exclusive, I'll never get to play it :/ (I'm sure there's probably dozens of similar replies in here) - regardless just another one to say fuck! :/

I'd gladly buy it on PS3 though.

I can't help but wonder how Nintendo execs would react to this kind of "fan" outrage. Are they laughing? Crying? Or just confused?

It must be so bizarre to look upon this kerfuffle from the outside and attempt to understand how it's possible for people to be this emotionally invested not only in an unreleased video game, but the platforms that it is (or isn't) available on.

Is there any other industry where something like this could potentially happen? I can't really think of any, but maybe that's just because I myself would be among those standing on the outside, looking in.
smartphones.what happen if apple allows ios on like blackberry phones.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm pretty sad about this being a Wii U exclusive, I'll never get to play it :/ (I'm sure there's probably dozens of similar replies in here) - regardless just another one to say fuck! :/

Please don't start another kindling.

It was actually probably the spectacle.

Bayonetta's graphics have never been amazing, but the things you were doing were always turned to 11.

But specialguy is psychic so clearly we should cede to him.
I swear sometimes it makes my brain hurt.

But then I just drown it in intoxicants and everything is hugs and puppies.

GAF... why can't I quit you?

but most of those post got a ban for the trouble, did you not bother to read the first few pages at least?

Has it really only been (already been?) a couple weeks since we found out? Time sure seems to be crawling/passing by fast... God I need more hobbies.

the outrage over this being a wii u exclusive is just so strange to me. the game would not even exist if nintendo wasn't footing the bill. what's so hard to understand about that? no one else wanted to fund the development. nintendo did. if anything, these bayonetta fans should be singing nintendo's praises.

hao chi

you should be ashamed of yourself is xenoblade is still a spoiler to you

Give me a fucking break. The game is still only six months old in the US, that's hardly enough time for it to be okay to assume anyone that is interested in the game would have played it by now.

Besides, I'd think a real fan would conceal spoilers so as to allow other people to enjoy the game the same as they did.

Rich!

I shouldn't have played on Dolphin, the enhanced graphics are great but the game randomly freezing up and me losing an hour of progress is less so

There's a specific dolphin version to use with Xenoblade and a patch to fix the framerate. On my 5th playthrough now, but on Dolphin for the first time.

1080p v sync with barely a frame drop at all. Up to the last quarter of the game (sword valley) and its ran smooth as silk throughout.

My PC isn't exactly bleeding edge either:

64bit win 7
AMD Phenom x4 955 3.4ghz
4gb ram
Radeon 6850.

Give me a fucking break. The game is still only six months old in the US, that's hardly enough time for it to be okay to assume anyone that is interested in the game would have played it by now.

Besides, I'd think a real fan would conceal spoilers so as to allow other people to enjoy the game the same as they did.

I said Xenoblade true enough but what detail did I go into to merit your rage? Go play the damn game if you feel so strongly about spoilers you can't sit on it and expect people to stop talking about it or even type the name of the damn thing. Just found it curious BAYO has such a similar theme

Jintor

There's a specific dolphin version to use with Xenoblade and a patch to fix the framerate. On my 5th playthrough now, but on Dolphin for the first time.

1080p v sync with barely a frame drop at all. Up to the last quarter of the game (sword valley) and its ran smooth as silk throughout.

My PC isn't exactly bleeding edge either:

64bit win 7
AMD Phenom x4 955 3.4ghz
4gb ram
Radeon 6850.

Mine runs smooth as silk until it doesn't :T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom