• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 |OT| Bayonettas for every occasion.

Hot5pur

On higher difficulties, does the game change the enemies or their placements?
I see there is a way to tackle missions in higher difficulties, is this effectively the NG+?
Is it better to start from scratch on a higher difficulty?
Just trying to figure out the most enjoyable way to keep playing this.

Keihart

I see there is a way to tackle missions in higher difficulties, is this effectively the NG+?
Do you mean Expert or Infinite Climax? because Expert it's pretty easy if you are familiar with the genre, Climax is challenging but you have to clear the game first so is effectively NG+

Labolas

Working on Pure Plat-ing Infinite Climax. And Kraken is legit busted.
1.) Yes, on Infinite Climax
2.) Technically yes.
3.) Depends if you want enemies to live longer, then I suggest Expert on start

Labolas

2eMVfKB.jpg

Yeah, this was an absolute bitch to learn. Easily the worst minigame boss fight in the game.

Labolas

OtdTT0C.jpg

Completed Infinite Climax. Probably the worst in the series to Pure Platinum because of the minigame boss battles. Especially Baal rhythm segment. For me, it took forever to learn and good at (I suck at rhythm games in general). There are work arounds to making it easier to get Pure Platinums. No where as fun as Bayo 1 to PP but I'll still say the game is fun, has some inventive weapons and demons.

Just finished PPing chapter 1. All I have to say is FUCK that gommorah section in the anus with a 15ft spiked pole.

Also summons are broken as fuck in this game.

Last edited:
Just use yellow lolipops to get thru it.
Doesn't that kill your rank? Or are we still stuck on B2s no lollipop penalty bs?

Either way i'm not resorting to sucking on lollipops to get my pure plats. Wouldn't be any point of even tackling them to begin with if i'm going to cheat.

Labolas

Doesn't that kill your rank? Or are we still stuck on B2s no lollipop penalty bs?

Either way i'm not resorting to sucking on lollipops to get my pure plats. Wouldn't be any point of even tackling them to begin with if i'm going to cheat.
Using yellow lolipops only hurts your combo points in where they count. Like the Gomorrah kaiju fights for example, although those are easiest to do.

Good luck, there's a lot of unfair verses in the game.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Did you know that Bayonetta likely has the most biblically accurate angels and demons of any game?

Most angels and demons are portrayed as people with wings because it was easy to paint and understand, but that's not how the old scriptures describe them.

These look exactly like the stuff you fight in Bayonetta:

Synless

When collecting the umbral stones do I have to play the whole chapter to completion or can I quit once I get them? I had one earlier I went to leave and it threatened me with losing all progress for the chapter.

Labolas

When collecting the umbral stones do I have to play the whole chapter to completion or can I quit once I get them? I had one earlier I went to leave and it threatened me with losing all progress for the chapter.
Yeah mean umbran tears? Yup, just exit to chapter select and it should save.

Labolas

Starting it today, boys! Finally got it. Any tips? I’m a bayonetta professional but wondering if there’s anything I should look for or change in settings.
When you get to play Viola, you may want to swap her block button to her dodge button. And equip Moon of MahaKalaa to her as well

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Starting it today, boys! Finally got it. Any tips? I’m a bayonetta professional but wondering if there’s anything I should look for or change in settings.
If you're a pro just enjoy the ride. Lots of fantastic new additions. Hit select on loading screens to stay in training mode. I used it frequently because upgrades and new moves happen so frequently.

Did you know that Bayonetta likely has the most biblically accurate angels and demons of any game?

Most angels and demons are portrayed as people with wings because it was easy to paint and understand, but that's not how the old scriptures describe them.

These look exactly like the stuff you fight in Bayonetta:

The demons of hell are eager to drag them to hell after bayonetta kills them. But what about the other way around? If a lumen sage kills a demon, are angels eager to drag them up to...heaven??!

tommib

Fuck, this is such a breath of fresh air coming from western games… The over the top cutscenes without “emotional” dialogue, the bombastic set pieces, the pure action spectacle, the jazz tunes with Rodin, bless Platinum and Nintendo for still believing in these games. We need this more than ever.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Fuck, this is such a breath of fresh air coming from western games… The over the top cutscenes without “emotional” dialogue, the bombastic set pieces, the pure action spectacle, the jazz tunes with Rodin, bless Platinum and Nintendo for still believing in these games. We need this more than ever.
Its my #2 for the year.

Astral Dog

im very happy for Platinum Games and Bayonetta 3,they deserved a win and finally got it at VGA 🏆 and having a new title to look forward so soon is a nice surprise

The new prequel/spin off looks wonderful, some people will dismiss it as an 'indie' game or something, but i think it will surprise fans with its content and quality once its released. instead of critizising the price, i think its a sign that this game goes beyond mere DLC/expansion and justifies being a full game to stand proudly alongside the other Bayonetta games(while doing its own unique thing)

Last edited:

tommib

I hate the viola sections and there’s no way around it.

That crap desert section with forced walking. What was that about. It’s much less focused than the previous games. It’s too disjointed.

It’s trying to be quirky but I just want the action which as always is top tier. Although I hate playing as Viola. Why would they switch the party button for witch time.

I’m kind of disappointed the more I play it. Still love the overall over the topness and Bayonetta as a character.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Apparently there were more alt designs for Bayo in the game, don't know how legit they are though.

Damn I wish we had that pirate Bayo. Looks even better than Egyptian Bayo.
I hate the viola sections and there’s no way around it.

That crap desert section with forced walking. What was that about. It’s much less focused than the previous games. It’s too disjointed.

It’s trying to be quirky but I just want the action which as always is top tier. Although I hate playing as Viola. Why would they switch the party button for witch time.

I’m kind of disappointed the more I play it. Still love the overall over the topness and Bayonetta as a character.
I used to think the same but now I wish there were more levels with her, she barely exists in the story and I love her unarmed / Cheshire style.

Astral Dog

PG actually fix Viola's Witch Time window. This was the number 1 complaint about Viola and they fix it. This is the first time iirc that PG has done a patch for one of their games.
https://www.nintendo-insider.com/bayonetta-3-update-1-2-0-patch-notes/

Yeah, i didn't put any attention to the new patch until toda, thought it was going to be a random language update but at 2GB its quite a big one and even more surprising since neither Astral Chain or Bayonetta 2 had big patches.

been playing a little but its worth checking out imo,not sure what they did but game feels a lot 'smoother' on TV than it was before, and Viola actually works now, i thought they updated her animations along with Bayo.

It also includes the keys to the 'demo' of Byonetta Origins

Last edited:

Labolas

Yeah, i didn't put any attention to the new patch until toda, thought it was going to be a random language update but at 2GB its quite a big one and even more surprising since neither Astral Chain or Bayonetta 2 had big patches.

been playing a little but its worth checking out imo,not sure what they did but game feels a lot 'smoother' on TV than it was before, and Viola actually works now, i thought they updated her animations along with Bayo.

It also includes the keys to the 'demo' of Byonetta Origins

[/URL]
Huh, didn't know about it playing smoother on tv, I only played in handheld mode. But much appreciated the patch for improving Viola, she even got a last second parry witch time like bats within.

Zuzu

Just finished this game at like 3am this morning. Giving it 6/10. The core combat mechanics are great but so much else is mediocre. Here’s a list of the things I didn’t like the most:

• The story with its myriad plot twists and emotional moments was very poorly delivered.
  • The main villain was dull and the character designs of the biomutant enemies were largely rubbish and generic.
  • Viola isn’t an interesting character and her levels and Jeanne’s levels were mildly fun at best with a lot of mediocre parts.
  • Too much visual clutter on screen in many fights making it hard to see what the heck is going on. The game does not adapt well for the size of many of the enemies you’re fighting.
  • Enemies can hit you regularly with attacks off screen and these attacks can be very hard to discern with all the visual and audio clutter.
  • Boring jumping mini challenges. Thankfully you don’t have to do them to progress but you still miss out on an upgrade item.
Once again the large amount of mainstream reviewers who lauded this game demonstrate they have poor understanding of good game design and story telling. Too many flaws for it to be getting so many 9s and 10s in the reviews.

Top Bottom