• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 Trailer (2022) Mommy is back

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It does look a little rough honestly. The art style seems a little off. Just waiting for the final product to judge. The 2nd game was a legitimate 10/10 game. I guess we'll see if Platinum still has it or if the rumors of their diminishing are true.

The inside of the subway car looks neat. I like that you can control all the summons now. I think the first level is just a little drab. It'll be sick.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
S4cloCM.png
just play both games again

i make it sound like the entire ending of the first game was based around the mechanism where the past changing changes the present instead of creating some second timeline
What if grown up Cereza coming to save OG Bayo is also part of the timeline. That's essentially what happened in Bayo1.

Majukun

What if grown up Cereza coming to save OG Bayo is also part of the timeline. That's essentially what happened in Bayo1.
because the timeline goes forward.
bayo started as a secluded half child with jeanne as her only friend. at the end of the world to save her jenne seals her in the coffin under the lake and takes away her memories, creating "bayonetta" .
with cereza bein brought in the present, she gets to make experiences that makes her stronger emotionally and give her the habit of keeping the umbran amulet always with her. this saves her ij the "new past" by the memory erasure and she awakens the eyes of the world, because the changes she applied on cereza immediatly applied to her as well because they are and will still be the same person.

same happened to balder..the events of his young self will make him evil and start the events on bayo 1 one he is replaced in his timeline...we don't have two timelines with good balder and evil balder

Before they showed her, I was thinking, "Lets see how you fucked up the design, cause I know you guys did". Wasn't wrong. Not hating. Nintendo can keep this. We have Project Eve.

Pretty big Bayo fan and honestly wasn’t impressed. Graphically it looks technically worse than Bayo 2 and aesthetically worse than both it and 1. Her outfit is pretty bad too and if she’s really some alternative universe Cireza version of Bayo that doesn’t fully excuse it.

The tweaking to how summons work looks interesting. Also did they get a different voice actor for her? Because it’s sounds like it and I really hope the “Cireza” theory is true and we get “real” Bayonetta as well.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
The video is the problem, if you watch this version you'll see it looks a lot better.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
the appeal was the godly gameplay..at least for bayo 1.
So the fact that her clothes magically disappear from her body while fighting in high-heels, looks like a "hot librarian" edition of Barbie and constantly sucks on a lollipop wasn't part of the appeal huh?
To Kamiya, the core theme of the game and its protagonist's attacks is "sexiness".

... this led IGN to call the developing game a mix of "action and a great big helping of fan service". The game's sexual tone is reflected in its age rating in the United States: the Entertainment Software Rating Board rated the developing game "Mature 17+" for containing "Partial Nudity" and "Suggestive Themes".

Not even gonna post the costumes I saw when verifying you were trying to gaslight me...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Something tells me we will be playing as alternate timeline Cereza instead of Bayonetta. VA sounds different. Gameplay sadly is looking slow atm like slower then Bayo 2. I think Bayo 1 is still going to be the best out of the 3. Gameplay is damn smooth and Bayo 2 felt slowed down. Bayo 3 so far looks like slow amusement park spectacle.

I'm pretty convinced it's Cereza and not Bayonetta because Bayonetta in both games uses very little cosmetics. And the cosmetics on "Cereza" is all over the place. Mouth, cheeks and all over the eyes.

And I feel like the face is rounder and less triangular?

Oh well we will have to see where this goes.

K' Dash

- she dance like an idiot
- she has more clothes on than a nun
- surpassingly the graphics are horrible

this is a totally SJW woke shit that I won’t be part of . The ugly graphics is just Icing on the cake

posts like this show exactly the same extreme shit you see on resetera, just on the opposite side, Jesus fucking christ. Just because she doesn't show her belly and legs when doing special moves, the game is woke? the fuck? seek therapy.

jaysius

Banned
The emphasis of Kaiju fighting is odd, I hope this isn't a huge part of the game. There are multiple scenes of her using multiple big monsters of different types.

Project started in 2017, still no release date just a general "2022" 😂🤣😂😂😂.

Last edited:

tommib

- she dance like an idiot
- she has more clothes on than a nun
- surpassingly the graphics are horrible

this is a totally SJW woke shit that I won’t be part of . The ugly graphics is just Icing on the cake
“She has more clothes on than a nun” should be the new standard for game reviews.

I don't see the PS2 graphics you clowns are speaking of, mind you we're still far away from a release date plus Bayonetta is about style and gameplay like 99% of Nintendo games.....idiots

With that being said, I wish this was a launch title for a new Switch console, I just want stable frame rate

Stuart360

I don't see the PS2 graphics you clowns are speaking of, mind you we're still far away from a release date plus Bayonetta is about style and gameplay like 99% of Nintendo games.....idiots

With that being said, I wish this was a launch title for a new Switch console, I just want stable frame rate
Its better than PS2, people are just exaggerating. Would you really be surprised if this was a PS3/360 game though?.
I'm sure even the Switch could do better than this.

Its better than PS2, people are just exaggerating. Would you really be surprised if this was a PS3/360 game though?.
I'm sure even the Switch could do better than this.
But this looks better than PS3/360, what are you talking about? PS3/360 would be lucky to handle the Cereza model alone lol and the battles would make them explode!

Look, I'm a Nintendo fan to the fullest and demand a better Switch hardware in the near future but Bayonetta 3 does not look like a PS3/360 game. We've only seen like a 2 min early draft of a 2022 game. Y'all need to chill

Bayonetta 1 is a PS3/360 game, and this looks leagues better than the Switch version of Bayonetta 1

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Female Vergil has a Sword Tassel of the Cheshire doll btw. They look female. Looks like a red leather jacket with some spikes on the shoulders and red is generally a color motif for Jeanne.

//DEVIL//

posts like this show exactly the same extreme shit you see on resetera, just on the opposite side, Jesus fucking christ. Just because she doesn't show her belly and legs when doing special moves, the game is woke? the fuck? seek therapy.
If you actually don’t see the trend then not only you the one who is seeking therapy , you will also need black glasses and a dog . Because you are blind as fuck. Maybe someone to walk and read for you as well because you are not bright either.

Last edited:

ssringo

More excited by the headline than the video. But it's Bayonetta so I'm there day 1 regardless.

Last edited:

lachesis

I think it looks okay for a Switch game, and hoping it will play just as well.
I'm more worried about resolution and frame rate of the final product though.
Pretty sure it will use dynamic resolution, but how low will it go... with all that gigantic kaiju's battling out and all?

demonstr8

Yeah, it's looking rough in a few spots. I think what's happening is that because the difference between PS5/XSX/PC has become pretty small in the last few years especially - when you look at Switch games - which aren't in the same ballpark, you notice more immediately that they look badly aged. The exception of course is if they have a specific art style with flawless AA. This wasn't so pronounced with the Wii U because it was much more comparable with games releasing in the same timeframe on competing consoles.

Last edited:
it also looks like solid 60fps, unlike bayo 2 35-55 fps
Bayo 2 has a pretty solid framerate on switch.

Couple thoughts on this : Maybe a prequel? Or the fight from the trailer is a prior event? Would explain the hair.

Second I don't think the graphics are worse ; I think the part of the game we saw had more muted colors and we will also see more colorful environments. Or not, because people forget the first bayonetta is similarly muted. Modeling looks a bit better than 2 and probably textures.

But at the same time, the graphics look in the same ballpark as 2. Which is why i've been hoping the game came out on switch 2, and I certainly hope prime 4 will. The switch is just out of gas and has been since 2017.

Anyways, the demon control stuff looks neat and i'm looking forward to the game of course. People complaining about the fan service need to remember it's not censorship if it's a new game ; if it does have less fan service that is Platinum's choice.

Last edited:

Notabueno

Banned
I love Bayonetta, with passion, but this is underwhelming by any means.

Although her move seems cool, I always thought Bayonetta should go more toward Deception style punishing moves.

Also her invocations are basically Gryphon and Phantom from DMC, and someone clearly looking like Vergil in the end...

Last edited:

Keihart

Pretending that 2 looks better with all the mud textures and filtering is some clown shit.
Most importantly tho, this game is improving on gameplay it seems and they feel confident enough to showcase it in the trailer unlike Bayo 2.

Yeah, about the fan service...unistall twitter?
In the first 10 seconds since Bayo arrives on the trailer you get her ass in a close up.
The suit not disappearing while wick weaving while having more hair than ever before makes more sense than the stupid short hair of 2.
I love Bayonetta, with passion, but this is underwhelming by any means.

Although her move seems cool, I always thought Bayonetta should go more toward Deception style punishing moves.

Also her invocations are basically Gryphon and Phantom from DMC, and someone clearly looking like Vergil in the end...
Her infernal Demons are the same as before, which were by no coincidence references to DMC1 bosses ofcourse, you even get the "Flock off feather face!" in Bayo 1 as a reference.

Checkout For Gryphon and this for Phantom

Last edited:
Top Bottom