• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta Bloodyfate (movie, Gonzo) [Up: YouTube Trailer]

Yasumi

Banned
Getting major Hellsing vibes from the style, which I don't feel like really suits the tone of Bayonetta. It seems too heavy for something that's so self-aware and over-the-top.

Meesh

Is this really happening??? Could be some of the best publicity going for Bayo IMO, and with Gonzo doing the animation it'll be beautiful for sure...I vote Bayos safe for work transformation on that vid as the sexiest ever. Hands down.

O: HORY SHIT!

Please be good :x

totowhoa

Banned
Gonzo :/

I've been okay with a couple of their series over the years, but I hate to see Bayonetta there. It was easily one of my favorite games of this last gen, so I'll at least be watching the first few episodes, if not all so long as it's decent movie. The trailer was ho-hum but I love Bayonetta's look at least.

Labrys

Bayo's being voiced by Atsuko Tanaka, very very excited for that.
I haven't had problems with GONZO in the past, so I think i'll be okay.
Very excited, overall!

Barakov

Don't have a whole lot of faith in Gonzo but I'm checking it out regardless.

The tone of the trailer was far more serious than it needed to be.

Ridley327

I suppose the one thing that we can look forward to is that because Bayonetta's story is already complete, we won't get a patented Gonzo Ending™ to make matters even worse.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose the one thing that we can look forward to is that because Bayonetta's story is already complete, we won't get a patented Gonzo Ending™ to make matters even worse.

I can't imagine Gonzo pulling off Bayonetta's ending

PROVE ME WRONG GONZO. PLEASE

Dang0

I thought Gonzo shut down a few years ago? I guess their back?

While I love Bayo, I don't really love it for its story, so this is all kinds of odd.

Ridley327

I thought Gonzo shut down a few years ago? I guess their back?

While I love Bayo, I don't really love it for its story, so this is all kinds of odd.

They adapted Gantz, so it's not like they're known for picking properties with coherent stories.

Speaking of which, I'm amazed that they managed to make that dumber than it already was.

MechaX

Guys, this is Gonzo we're talking about here.

Gonzo.

1363718685818.jpg

Giolon

I'll watch it. I would've preferred that it were a series, but maybe the fact that it's a movie means it'll have higher production values. It's not guaranteed to suck. I'll go in with an open mind. And I say this with Bayonetta as my potential game of the generation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, this was unexpected. Granted, there's other studios I would've liked to have seen over Gonzo, but for the most part, the characters looked decent. Consider me on board. Heck, this would be great to include with Bayonetta 2 to explain everything that happened beforehand.

nordique

I don't know much if anything about anime but I do like it (as an extremely casual fan)

So can someone explain why gonzo is bad?

Esura

Banned
They've been garbage at least since the Hellsing anime, circa... 2001?

Ironically I'm a huge fan of their anime after that time period.

Maybe I just suck balls at critiquing anime and easily amused but I usually like Gonzo anime. Speed Grapher, Afro Samurai, Red Garden, Dragonaut, Strike Witches, etc. are some of my most favorite anime out.

Elfteiroh

This film is actually being directed by the director of Afro Samurai, Fuminori Kizaki. He brought with him the writer and character designer of the X-Men TV anime.

... OH! That's where I have seen that style of character!.. Uh... I really hated Cyclop, he was sooo whiny... And the whiny ones are usually my favorite characters. >_<
I just hope Luka won't end up like Cyclop.

But Damn. They probably revived it because of Nintendo taking up the responsability for Bayo2, so they said: "Eh, why not use Nintendo's free promotion of the game and use it for cheap monies! :p"

OMG I can't wait for this! o_o

Top Bottom