• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta Bloodyfate (movie, Gonzo) [Up: YouTube Trailer]

Taiser

nIGgJ0S.png

glad they went with the original Palin Bayo design.

I thought Patty was a cute addition to the series and I wished they added her into a future DMC game. Not like it went full moe on us with her. Anime was still very DMC in tone. Although the one thing I didn't like was how...subdued Dante was. He wasn't lame and creepy silent like his DMC2 incarnation but it was like he hardly gave a damn about anything throughout the entire series. But the main threats in the series weren't much of a threat. Maybe that's how he is when he's not fighting demon lords and evil popes.

>Anime was DMC in tone.

>Main character doesn't act like main character.

That doesn't spell good adaptation to me. That's like saying you liked The Last Airbender because it also had bending in it, even though none of the characters act like they do in the cartoon.

To each his own dude, but I really couldn't stand it. And I gave it a 4 episode chance.

You are clearly not familiar with Esura.

Judging by the avatar, he's one of those guys that likes way to young girls?

Esura

Banned
>Anime was DMC in tone.

>Main character doesn't act like main character.

That doesn't spell good adaptation to me. That's like saying you liked The Last Airbender because it also had bending in it, even though none of the characters act like they do in the cartoon.

To each his own dude, but I really couldn't stand it. And I gave it a 4 episode chance.

Other than Dante being slightly subdued during non-fighting scenes I liked the fighting and the animation in the anime. Also the soundtrack was wicked. That's what I meant by the DMC in tone. Demon designs were atrociously awesome like they supposed to be and badass mode Dante comes out in full glory when it's slaying demon time. Also Trish vs Lady was a dream fight. It might have not been the ideal adaptation I had in mind when I would imagine a DMC anime back then but I'd say its one of the best video game to anime adaptations out along with Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.

Judging by the avatar, he's one of those guys that likes way to young girls?

The way you phrased that makes me sound like a creep. T_T

But yes I do like the cute young girls...in anime/manga/games that is.

nIGgJ0S.png

glad they went with the original Palin Bayo design.

I am so fucking sick of hearing the Sarah Palin comparison. So a politician wore glasses once and WASN'T unattractive. Jesus H. Christ! Bayonetta must have been designed JUST.LIKE.HER. There is literally no other way Bayonetta could have possibly had glasses in her design other than to look like a Vice President candidate from Alaska from 2008. NO OTHER WOMEN HAS EVER HAD DARK HAIR AND GLASSES IS THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

tumblr_inline_mr304uApK51qz4rgp.gif

And they're adapting the first game into an anime, of-fucking-course they're going to use that design. Why would they use the second games' outfit?

Esura

Banned
I am so fucking sick of hearing the Sarah Palin comparison. So a politician wore glasses once and WASN'T unattractive. Jesus H. Christ! Bayonetta must have been designed JUST.LIKE.HER. There is literally no other way Bayonetta could have possibly had glasses in her design other than to look like a Vice President candidate from Alaska from 2008. NO OTHER WOMEN HAS EVER HAD DARK HAIR AND GLASSES IS THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

http://media.tumblr.com/ff4ed88b80e5a06e02a9e5a6db14402e/tumblr_inline_mr304uApK51qz4rgp.gif[IMG]

And they're adapting the first game into an anime, of-fucking-course they're going to use that design. Why would they use the second games' outfit?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I swear I thought I was the only who was sick of that.

But yes I do like the cute young girls...in anime/manga/games that is.

tumblr_inline_mqowltZwmg1qz4rgp.gif

Daaaaw sorry, didn't mean to make you sound like a creep :)
I meant you like the moe type girls. Never been my thing, but I know many guys who falls for the archetype. I literally know nothing about Strike Witches other than nobody wears pants and they have flying attachments on their legs.

Esura

Banned
tumblr_inline_mqowltZwmg1qz4rgp.gif

Daaaaw sorry, didn't mean to make you sound like a creep :)
I meant you like the moe type girls. Never been my thing, but I know many guys who falls for the archetype. I literally know nothing about Strike Witches other than nobody wears pants and they have flying attachments on their legs.

Awesome gif! Don't remember that scene in FFXII though.

There is a lot of action in Strike Witches but its mostly cute fanservice central. Even during the action parts there is perfect shots of their ass at every chance they get and a lot of blushing and all that other stuff that's common in anime like these, but awesomely animated. I can't exactly pinpoint when in my life I started getting into this cutesy stuff but I'd estimate about 15+ years strong so far.

I think it's a rather great story that was just told poorly. I really liked the time travel aspects of it, and all the scenes with little Cereza were cute. I think it was merely those awful film reel cinematics that got on everyone's nerves.

But hey, if Platinum ran out of time I'd rather them sacrifice cinematics for great gameplay.
It's really not an either/or thing, different departments involved. Also cutscenes usually have outsourcing to some extent. More of a budget/talent issue.
Why would anyone ever think that?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
^ Retro_ I'm really liking that avatar!

Its hard to have one singular favorite anime above all but that's up there. Then again, I really like seeing little girl's asses in anime while doing cute shit so I understand why that might not be everyone's cuppa tea.

Also, Dragonaut was awesome. Opening was great as well.

Stopped by this thread to knock this person on the head for saying this.

Now serious talk, when people go to Strike Witches or Burst Angels to try and gauge how this movie is going to be well I'm afraid you misunderstand the anime production process completely. While it's true that the same studio is likely to employ largely similar staff over multiple projects (or be an auteur studio like Gainax up to ~2007) it could also be what pretty much amounts to the animation factory. Gonzo has gone through a massive reorganization after nearly going bankrupt and what you should be looking at are producers, directors, writers and such and such, not just the studio name. It won't tell you a thing.

akaoni

Banned
Bayonetta animu-desu!?!?!?

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

>Gonzo

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

I'll still watch just because it's movie length and the voice cast will be a nice touch.

Taiser

tumblr_inline_mr304uApK51qz4rgp.gif

And they're adapting the first game into an anime, of-fucking-course they're going to use that design. Why would they use the second games' outfit?

Ok8f8Xu.jpg

it appears that my words/opinions were unintentionally anger and frustration-inducing, causing large quantities of jimmy rattling on your part.

while your rage is understandable, i have to admit that by doing so I've achieved a twisted feeling of pleasure from seeing you being THIS Tushie-Tickled over a PalinxBayonetta comparison.

Top Bottom