• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta (North America/Europe) - January 2010

DR2K

Banned
I got NGS2 this year(hopefully) should hold me over until Bayonetta, which will hold me over until GOW3. I like the timing of these releases.

Monocle

Fuck Sega's market analysis. I am well and truly tired of enduring obscenely long delays at the whim of corporate big shots. What really bothers me about this situation is Japan gets the game months before the rest of the world. Every detail of Bayonetta will be posted online in short order, and I'll have to be paranoid about gameplay spoilers until January. I admit my reaction is profoundly selfish, yet I won't lie: this news comes as a severe disappointment and I am not at all happy about it. Bayonetta deserves the best chance it can get to reach a wide audience, but damned if I want to wait until 2010 to see that happen.

While PlatinumGames certainly doesn't owe us anything, I would love for them to arrange some sort of consolation for American and European gamers. An early demo would be wonderful. Exclusive content in the US and EU versions of the final release would be even better.

51jTkN4P8qL.jpg
61DXXayWwNL.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Makes sense not to jam it in at the end of year. So I understand but still sad.

And the most disturbing thing about this all, I just saw the release date for Dark Void is on the same day as Halo....ouch.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Galvanise_ said:
Well, thats me out then. With God of War III coming out in March and a bunch of other games I'll have to play, I won't have time for this.
You have ~sixty days to pick up Bayonetta before God of War?

jett said:
Fall 2008 is looking pretty miserable. Only Uncharted 2 for me, it seems.
not interested in Brutal Legend, jett? bad form ;)

onijutsu

Banned
as i said in bayonetta hype thread

:(

Good for the company, bad for me, ohwell hopefully the jap demo can tide me over for a few months, whenever it comes out...

I mean q1 2010, Heavy rain, god of war 3, and now bayonetta... And i assume some time before that there will be Gran turismo 5...
Wait could GT5 release be the final straw in these companies decision to delay their games?:lol

matmanx1

I'm actually kind of relieved. I want it but the fall and winter was ridiculously crowded as is. Spacing things out abit actually helps my wallet!

onijutsu said:
as i said in bayonetta hype thread

:(

Good for the company, bad for me, ohwell hopefully the jap demo can tide me over for a few months, whenever it comes out...

I mean q1 2010, Heavy rain, god of war 3, and now bayonetta... And i assume some time before that there will be Gran turismo 5...
Wait could GT5 release be the final straw in these companies decision to delay their games?:lol

I think the difference is that Bayonetta is coming January. Q1 could go up until March right? At least we arent waiting until March for Bayonetta

Pachinko

I'm still somewhat baffled by this. I suppose sega didn't plan to advertise the hell out of this game and rather then sending it to die in the fall they'll send it to die in january like madworld died this year. Well... it likely won't bomb as hard as mad world did but I really doubt this'll come close to the likes of a devil may cry or even a ninja gaiden in sales. No one outside of gamers like us even knows what this game is and who is making it. We account for what maybe 0.01% of the market and maybe 0.1% of the purchasing influence towards others ?

I realize modern warfare 2 is out this year and it'll be a 4-6 million selling game , you'll also have halo odst selling 2-4 million but not everyone out there likes shooters and right now the only direct competition for this game comes exclusivly for PS3 in late september? (ninja gaiden sigma 2). Now Bayonetta will have to contend with a half dozen mid to high profile games coming out 1st quarter 2010 instead of just a couple mega profile games.

I suppose given who WE are, if we wanted to play it that bad we could all import it on ps3. If that version kind of sucks then you just buy it on 360 the following year. I know at this point I'm sort of contemplating an import if the game is as cool as it looks. It'll be a heavy proposition though, given the cost of imports.

Pachinko said:
I'm still somewhat baffled by this. I suppose sega didn't plan to advertise the hell out of this game and rather then sending it to die in the fall they'll send it to die in january like madworld died this year. Well... it likely won't bomb as hard as mad world did but I really doubt this'll come close to the likes of a devil may cry or even a ninja gaiden in sales. No one outside of gamers like us even knows what this game is and who is making it. We account for what maybe 0.01% of the market and maybe 0.1% of the purchasing influence towards others ?

I realize modern warfare 2 is out this year and it'll be a 4-6 million selling game , you'll also have halo odst selling 2-4 million but not everyone out there likes shooters and right now the only direct competition for this game comes exclusivly for PS3 in late september? (ninja gaiden sigma 2). Now Bayonetta will have to contend with a half dozen mid to high profile games coming out 1st quarter 2010 instead of just a couple mega profile games.

I suppose given who WE are, if we wanted to play it that bad we could all import it on ps3. If that version kind of sucks then you just buy it on 360 the following year. I know at this point I'm sort of contemplating an import if the game is as cool as it looks. It'll be a heavy proposition though, given the cost of imports.

I dont understand, what other High Profile Games are coming out in January and February!? AM I missing something that everyone else knows?

Dedication Through Light said:
I dont understand, what other High Profile Games are coming out in January and February!? AM I missing something that everyone else knows?

Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2. I don't think those are quite high profile enough to squeeze a new challenger out of the ring, but we'll see.

Volcynika

No More Heroes 2, obviously.

Yes I know different consoles :p

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, the Japanese version has English voice acting with Japanese subtitles. This is probably one of the most import friendly titles you could hope for. So, PS3 owners and owners of J360's are fine. The rest of you have to wait.

Volcynika

Arpharmd B said:
BTW, in case anyone is wondering, the Japanese version has English voice acting with Japanese subtitles. This is probably one of the most import friendly titles you could hope for. So, PS3 owners and owners of J360's are fine. The rest of you have to wait.

Yeah I made my preorder from PlayAsia yesterday. Woo!

Drame

Any import sites that ship to europe, which have Bayonettas JPN / Asia PS3 version up for pre-order?

Yesasia hasn't listed the game on their site yet.

ultim8p00

Banned
Arpharmd B said:

So if I pre-ordered this I can't play in the US? I got 360.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Allot of publishers have started to adapt to putting out games then. It's kinda funny really how many big profile games are coming out not right after the break. We have, Bioshock 2, Bad Company 2, Lost Planet 2, Army of TwoTwo, Dante's Inferno. All look to becoming out in that first month or two.
Ones like Red Dead, Mafia II, Max Payne III, Dead Rising II and I'm sure many more. We don't have much of an idea about those release dates(I think Mafia will drop in spring/summer, other two will be out later. Max Payne III being their big holiday release)

I think the funniest thing is, COD6 is on Nov 10, while AC2 is on Nov 17. Feel sorry for any games around those times. :lol

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
christ, first i have to wait forever for MH3 and now I have to wait for this. Sighhhhh. Assassin's Creed better pull through and keep me entertained until then.

CheapChampagne said:
christ, first i have to wait forever for MH3 and now I have to wait for this. Sighhhhh. Assassin's Creed better pull through and keep me entertained until then.

Ubisoft would not be that crazy to delay Assassins Creed. It is like their trump card for this holiday season, well unless they are betting it all on Jame's Cameron "Avatar"...though its odd that no place has or is even taking preorders on the AC2: Black Edition yet...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Arpharmd B said:
So the 360 version won't be region free? Lamesauce.

KGKK

Banned
Damn seems everything is getting delayed till 2010. Well at least its more time for Demon's Soul and Uncharted 2:D

onijutsu

Banned
yeah that boxart is pretty lame, this should slap this on the cover and be done with it.
bayonetta_butt.jpg

what i would really love is to just have this image except with the cutoff bits included
3553592538_c81d29a8f9_b.jpg

vulva

^^^ what's cut off?

also, I'm gonna be broke until christmas anyways, so this news is kind of a relief for me. Didn't want to go in to debt just for this game.

onijutsu

Banned
Happy Phantom said:
^^^ what's cut off?

also, I'm gonna be broke until christmas anyways, so this news is kind of a relief for me. Didn't want to go in to debt just for this game.

but if the game came out earlier then it would have more time to drop in price, i mean who buys every game on release?

on a side note; i geuss now i am going to be worrying about whether or not this game will make it into Australia later rather than sooner.

Yoboman

Totobeni said:
Halo 3: ODST , MW2 will crush this if SEGA went November or October in NA , this is for better imo .
Not the same genre. Instead they put it up against God of War 3? Which is it's direct competition

Nemesis_

...though its odd that no place has or is even taking preorders on the AC2: Black Edition yet...

43 pre-orders at my store (which is a small one compared to other stores) says that people definitely are pre-ordering Black Editions. >_>

Zen

Banned
I hope there will be a demo, because honestly I need one to sell me on this game.

Yoboman said:
Not the same genre. Instead they put it up against God of War 3? Which is it's direct competition

Hm that's a good point, seeing as God of War is far and away the market leader in this genre. Though perhaps they're banking somewhat on the PS3 slim to help offset the launching with GOW3 as well as the 360 version (with the larger install base). Although it seems like the type of gamer who would pick this up is fairly hardcore anyway, and the DMC fan tends to not be a God of War fan (or that's the impression I have)so who knows.

Top Bottom