• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBC: Tremor is detected in North Korea (up: nuclear test conducted)

Zukkoyaki

Seems to be a reporting error. The original source has since posted the following:

https://twitter.com/nktpnd

No corroboration from US Geological Survey just yet, but I'm holding my breath for now.
9:01 PM - 8 Sep 2017

No corroboration from China Earthquake Agency or US Geological Survey just yet, but I'm holding my breath.
9:03 PM - 8 Sep 2017

Today's date, the time of the event, and location of the event are suggestive of a 7th nuclear test; corroboration should be soon, if true.
9:04 PM - 8 Sep 2017

No corroboration of a Mb 6+ event from USGS or any other monitoring agency 40+ minutes in is unusual.
9:13 PM - 8 Sep 2017

Hopefully ISC sorts this out publicly soon. I suspect this was a reporting error or an update to the original Sept. 3 test data.
9:15 PM - 8 Sep 2017

50+ mins in, I think was a very unfortunate error by ISC, perhaps in updating old test data. But seriously, on September 9 of all days?!
9:21 PM - 8 Sep 2017

Too many RTs on original tweet; deleted now since this is clearly not right and does not need to spread further.

Top Bottom