• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Because Fuck you, that's why

Starting a thread to vent about one fuckin shitty thing thing that happened to you today, can be anything. Sometimes you have to vent anger, frustration, and what better place than a forum!

Long ass week, boss pulls me into a meeting on a Friday at fuckin 4:50PM, meeting is going to run a while, possibly 2 hours. I have a 4 year old waiting for me boss is an older guy, empty nester, nothing going on

Because FUCK YOU! That's WHY!

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Starting a thread to vent about one fuckin shitty thing thing that happened to you today, can be anything. Sometimes you have to vent anger, frustration, and what better place than a forum!

Long ass week, boss pulls me into a meeting on a Friday at fuckin 4:50PM, meeting is going to run a while, possibly 2 hours. I have a 4 year old waiting for me boss is an older guy, empty nester, nothing going on

Legitimately tell your boss you have prior engagements and you're leaving for the weekend.
Nearly anything 5PM on a Friday can wait until Monday.

Dark Star

There’s this corporate quality manager I work with who has been sending me this stupid process corrective action thing since like February. I have no idea what happened in February, leave me alone and let me focus on the new shit !

I’m leave the office at 4pm sharp every day I’m there, no fuks given (I work hybrid and you bet I’m playing videogames when I WFH lol)

StueyDuck

you really shouldn't use a forum as an outlet for venting, pick up a hobby rather or something.

Shouting here is just gonna make everything work more on your mind and probably isn't the healthiest option.

or just have a good ol angry wank.

GladiusFrog

Wife and I are watching her fathers cat, its been clawing up all our wood trim and stairway... We have cat towers for it to claw but it prefers our wood. Im pissed.

Good thing I'm a expert at sanding 😪

TheUsual

Gold Member
Wife and I are watching her fathers cat, its been clawing up all our wood trim and stairway... We have cat towers for it to claw but it prefers our wood. Im pissed.

Good thing I'm a expert at sanding 😪
May be a moot point, but we use anti scratch tape for some wood areas in our place. The cats quickly learned but then decided to ruin some dinner table chairs 🙄🙄🙄

GladiusFrog

May be a moot point, but we use anti scratch tape for some wood areas in our place. The cats quickly learned but then decided to ruin some dinner table chairs 🙄🙄🙄
My house has wood trim everywhere. Its gonna be a fuck ton if tape lol. Claws shall be clipped weekly... Just need to be consistent about it and fix the damage when the little prick is gone.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
My piss off today is that everything freaking time I go view a house or put an offer in, it’s already pending… it gets infuriating
Went to go see a place today, it was great! The wife is all “it’s not perfect”… but can’t even tell me what she wants. Her reason was her kitchen gadgets would be out in the open. 50k under budget, really big, nice yard, decent neighborhood….

I’m pretty much done now, she can just find us the next place and I will sign off on it haha

Last edited:

nush

nothing worse than a workholic boss. like dude, get a life you fucking loser.

i have people at my work leaving at 4:30 sometimes 4 on fridays to avoid shit like this.
I’ve had bosses like this, they pull this shit on Friday afternoons and before public holidays becuse they panic productivity is going to stop for a couple of days. It’s never anything that couldn’t have been said at any time during the work week. The required skill is to avoid them for the last couple of hours on a Friday and especially not to let them see you actually leaving the office.

Cyberpunkd

Reversed situation - outside contractor requests stuff on Wednesday, my team member ignores it, they go on vacation for a week starting today. Guess who has to do the work now?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Drove downtown to meet friends. Getting off at one of the busy offramps and it's a cramped one lane ramp where everyone is going slow. So it's expected people try to merge in. For you Torontonians, it was going east on Gardiner getting into that short lane to get off at the Jarvis ramp.

But this asshat car didn't just gently merge in or go in front of me and try to merge hoping I'd slow down and let them in. I typically will.

Instead, the car is literally right beside me and started merging in. I had to jam on the brakes and even had to edge rightward closing in on the concrete railing as he aggressively just barged into my lane. I have never had someone try to merge right into my car.

All I could do was honk my horn and gave him the finger hoping he saw it in his side mirror.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I use pc / mac and iOS devices. Chrome is logged in and set to sync on ALL devices yet the bookmarks on pc just WILL NOT fucking appear on the Mac or iOS devices.

Fuck YOOOOOUUUUU… RAGE.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I've been in Serval meetings Friday afternoon and have simply said rights lads I'm aff now it's teams where I just go I'm outa here you lot carry-on I'll catch the minutes on Monday, the fuck am I eating into my weekend time for anyone, I just use the excuse I've the kids to pick up if anyone bothers to ask

Daughter extended her sleepover, at our place, from 1 night to 2, Friday and Saturday night for 48 hour all service. Big head is sorry little head, it's for the kids.

I bet a fiver wifey crashes out early Sunday night after this weekend.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
It's been a shitty week. Sometimes I just feel like staying in the house.
But then what about your lunches?

While I'm here I might as well do my bit:

A huge Fuck You! to the ‘Petri Dish Parents Club’ who seem hell-bent on deliberately turning the local childcare into a kind of germ-jamboree festival, where every kid is a walking, talking sample platter of viruses.

My son has been hospitalised nearly every single month except August, as he's particularly vulnerable to respiratory infections. Heck he was hospitalised a couple of nights ago, and the poor guy is still wheezing like a mofo as I'm typing this. He will probably have the strongest immune system and become immortal, if he manages to pull through this.

Meanwhile, August was his ‘hospital holiday’ because we needed to balance out my son's germ warfare by taking my dad to his chemo treatments interstate. Here’s to hoping the Universe owes us a solid and gifts us with a hospital free October.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Customer service rep at a small store making seemingly passive-aggressive comments because I bought out a large amount of a product that isn't available elsewhere. "Oh, looks like we'll need three bags today. That's ok--we'll use as many bags as we need!" And "Do you want me to double-bag it?" he said about a bag with less than 1lb of goods in it. There was no item limit. I thought they'd be happy to sell so much. I just played nice the whole time, before and after the comments.

Either I misread his intention or I broke some kind of social norm I'm not aware of.

Fuck you monkey brain/inner voice for constantly overanalyzing everything and trying to find/interpret the worst things into everything. Even when there is nothing you could conclude from the information you have.
I don't wish that on anyone, but in a way I'm always glad to hear it's not just me that does this. Like maybe my brain isn't all that messed up if it's so common. See the example above in the case the guy wasn't being passive-aggressive. Or was he? I don't have definitive information!

Drove downtown to meet friends. Getting off at one of the busy offramps and it's a cramped one lane ramp where everyone is going slow. So it's expected people try to merge in. For you Torontonians, it was going east on Gardiner getting into that short lane to get off at the Jarvis ramp.

But this asshat car didn't just gently merge in or go in front of me and try to merge hoping I'd slow down and let them in. I typically will.

Instead, the car is literally right beside me and started merging in. I had to jam on the brakes and even had to edge rightward closing in on the concrete railing as he aggressively just barged into my lane. I have never had someone try to merge right into my car.

All I could do was honk my horn and gave him the finger hoping he saw it in his side mirror.
I now understand how road rage incidents happen. I was told just last week that I'm a pretty calm guy. If this happened to me, I would be furious. Seeing red. A middle finger doesn't communicate the full severity of the message I'd want to send that driver.

Daughter extended her sleepover, at our place, from 1 night to 2, Friday and Saturday night for 48 hour all service. Big head is sorry little head, it's for the kids.

I bet a fiver wifey crashes out early Sunday night after this weekend.
I was very confused, but now I think I get it: You and the wife are hosting a sleepover? I thought your daughter was somehow old enough to live elsewhere, which would make you older, which made me wonder how going 48 hours without nookie would be anything but the norm, based on every long-time married couple joke ever.

I was very confused, but now I think I get it: You and the wife are hosting a sleepover? I thought your daughter was somehow old enough to live elsewhere, which would make you older, which made me wonder how going 48 hours without nookie would be anything but the norm, based on every long-time married couple joke ever.

Yep, preteen daughter sleepover extended to 2 nights and 3 days at our house. Goodbye weekend or nightlife of adult fun. All is well, wife went to bed early sick last night and woke up vomiting this morning (NOT). Engage dad support for this week as well as weekend gone...kids are going to their grandparents school holidays next week! Tell you what.

Woggleman

The key to happiness is keeping expectations as low as possible for people and you will never be disappointed. Sometimes you might be pleasantly surprised.

At my old job I had coworkers complaining that I never came in on weekends and I always left on time but I was three times as productive as any of them. They would work all these hours and get barely anything done while I would have most of my work done in less than three hours.

If you are man trying to be what many women say they want a man to be you will always run straight into a brick wall. I twisted myself into knots trying to be what my ex fiance said I should be and it was never enough. After we split I decided to do what made me happy first and not change myself for anybody and nothing but good things happened.

If you are man trying to be what many women say they want a man to be you will always run straight into a brick wall. I twisted myself into knots trying to be what my ex fiance said I should be and it was never enough. After we split I decided to do what made me happy first and not change myself for anybody and nothing but good things happened.

Mate, this is some of the best advice I have ever read. Be yourself, not what your partner puts on a wish list or project plan to "fix her man". Work on your issues, we all have them. However, don't mould yourself to a partner/girlfriend/friend for your whole life.

Being happy and confident with yourself is a very attractive quality internally or externally.

Not just today but basically every day for the last few weeks I am getting very little sleep. I don’t want to go too into detail but as you can understand the lack of sleep it’s making me very irritated, frustrated, and angry.

So far tonight I’ve had 3 hours sleep if even that. There’s no point trying to go back to sleep now. Tonight is going to be the exact same shit all over again.

I’m so on edge all the time during the day and night. I can’t relax and the house needs to be quiet. Listening to music stresses me out. What makes it even worse is that I’m fuckin hallucinating hearing things and it’d be really nice if I could stick my earphones in to block everything out but fuck that I guess.

To get to sleep I had to force myself to go to bed and it took me hours to fall asleep. In addition to this shit that’s stressing me out of course when I try to sleep I start worrying about everything fuckin else in my life.

and that was with doing some relaxing/breathing exercises or meditation if it’s even called that. That did help but still only getting 2-3 hrs sleep.

Jinzo Prime

Not just today but basically every day for the last few weeks I am getting very little sleep. I don’t want to go too into detail but as you can understand the lack of sleep it’s making me very irritated, frustrated, and angry.

So far tonight I’ve had 3 hours sleep if even that. There’s no point trying to go back to sleep now. Tonight is going to be the exact same shit all over again.

I’m so on edge all the time during the day and night. I can’t relax and the house needs to be quiet. Listening to music stresses me out. What makes it even worse is that I’m fuckin hallucinating hearing things and it’d be really nice if I could stick my earphones in to block everything out but fuck that I guess.

To get to sleep I had to force myself to go to bed and it took me hours to fall asleep. In addition to this shit that’s stressing me out of course when I try to sleep I start worrying about everything fuckin else in my life.

and that was with doing some relaxing/breathing exercises or meditation if it’s even called that. That did help but still only getting 2-3 hrs sleep.
Sorry about your situation, man. When I first started anti-anxiety meds it didn't work, had to find the right prescription and dosage. Took a while but it was worth not having panic attacks while trying to fall asleep.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member

Sorry to hear you're going through that. I'm not gonna barf advice at you without your say so, but I've been through something similar. It sucks.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

see a therapist because it gets any worse. or at least see a physician.

Apocryphon

I went through a period of severe anxiety due to a combination of work and life issues. Very much how you describe; not being able to listen to music.. especially using headphones.. without inducing a panic attack, and not being able to sleep because my mind was racing and full of shit that was out of my immediate control. I found sleeping sitting up helped somewhat, and listening to rain sounds was calming enough for me to drop off after a while.

I ended up on escitalopram for Ike 8 months, which worked wonders for my anxiety, but also left me feeling empty and detached. In the end I started therapy and things got better. Going the the gym and stopping smoking weed also helped massively in my situation.

Tackle it as early as you can, because it can get much worse if left unchecked. It took a lot for me to admit I needed help and wasn’t ok, but once I did the relief was almost immediate.

Last edited:

Haemi

I don't wish that on anyone, but in a way I'm always glad to hear it's not just me that does this. Like maybe my brain isn't all that messed up if it's so common. See the example above in the case the guy wasn't being passive-aggressive. Or was he? I don't have definitive information!

Me too. I think it is a defense mechanism. Now in, a lot of situations, i run against a mental barrier, become paralyzed and can't act normally. Try to find friends this wayor build relationships. It's damn hard. 20 years ago i had even problems ordering food at a restaurant or talking to a cashier.:messenger_expressionless:

Tams

Me too. I think it is a defense mechanism. Now in, a lot of situations, i run against a mental barrier, become paralyzed and can't act normally. Try to find friends this wayor build relationships. It's damn hard. 20 years ago i had even problems ordering food at a restaurant or talking to a cashier.:messenger_expressionless:

I still sightly shake when interacting with a cashier or official and my mind goes into some sort of dumb autopilot that is full of hesitation.

Top Bottom