• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Before bayonetta, there was WET.

Rip WET

• rip

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • rip

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

Javthusiast

Banned
Cameron Diaz Im Gonna Be Wet For Hours GIF

Kuranghi

SLIPPERY GIZZARDS

I never played this one past the demo I played for 30 mins, I don't think it was terrible but I'm not sure it was good either.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
This was much more of a third person shooter than something like Bayonetta. WET was pretty cool and had a lot of style and some good mechanics, but I don't think the devs had a great sense of how to build on that. Even at its short length it's repetitive and runs out of ideas. Still, it deserves its cult following for standing out.
When I mentioned Bayonetta I was talking about female heroines, Bayonetta was a better game by miles so obviously WET was forgotten after a few weeks.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
When I mentioned Bayonetta I was talking about female heroines, Bayonetta was a better game by miles so obviously WET was forgotten after a few weeks.
Rubi wasn't exactly a character filled with personality to begin with. Bayonetta is a much better representation of a female heroine.

I bet it will be remastered with changes for modern audiences.
That scene with Ruby in her underwear would definitely not make the cut if that were the case. Also, they'd probably find some reason to change her appearence. We need to spice Ruby up with a chiseled chin, adam's apple or beef her up on steroids to meet the modern acceptance criteria.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
That scene with Ruby in her underwear would definitely not make the cut if that were the case. Also, they'd probably find some reason to change her appearence. We need to spice Ruby up with a chiseled chin, adam's apple or beef her up on steroids to meet the modern acceptance criteria.
Give her a baggy flannel shirt and green hair, and make her mildly overweight. Bam, perfect for gen Z audiences.

Rykan

I really enjoyed this game.

It's a fun, simple third person shooter that came out in an era when so many games used a cover system. It's style over substance but the game is just long enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome. Solid 7/10 game and I wish they had made a PC port so that the game would have been preserved better.

Nothing. Rubi is fully clothed.
Dare I say modestly by some people standards.

am0Vmd4_460s.jpg
They would still complain she’s too attractive. I’m sure they’ll find something to complain about.

I actually think enjoyed Wet. I wouldn’t mind a sequel with a nice budget behind it.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
I really enjoyed this game.

It's a fun, simple third person shooter that came out in an era when so many games used a cover system. It's style over substance but the game is just long enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome. Solid 7/10 game and I wish they had made a PC port so that the game would have been preserved better.
runs great on the ps3 emulator!

JayK47

I swear I played this. But I do not own it. Must have rented it. Remember Gamefly? They are still in business. Impressive.

K2D

Banned
And before WET, there was WET: The sexy Empire

e8d37c84f429c99b835ec4e6705b731930e7_1920xt1080_S1000.jpg

ee90d17126e0f01d147b9f3d2c2cb6a482a5_1920xt1080_S1000.jpg
Mind went there in about 0.3 seconds from reading the headline.

'Wet' will forever be tainted by my dirty head, and to name your game, especially with a female protagonist on the front cover, must have been a terrible decision by the devs sales and exposure wise.

Digity

Bethesda's jank vs. Platinum's precise engineering...

For some reason I'm reminded of Oni, Bungie's 2001 attempt at a third person action game, also a largely forgotten game (remember playing a bit of it and not liking it much).
Oni was the shit back in the day on PC. I'm trying to source a Ps2 copy currently.

Top Bottom