• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official WET Thread of turning tricks for combo multipliers

pulga

Banned
Went into the demo knowing about nothing from this game.

First impressions were that the graphics sucked, the gameplay felt last-gen, but the style was pleasing the Tarantino fanboy in me. Cut to the scene when Ruby gets blood in her face and the camara zooms in and I was already cumming. I really liked that segment from the demo, reminded me of Mad World and I wish the whole game could've been that way.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hmm

WET is made by A2M

A2M is in Montreal

WET's heroine's name is Ruby

Ruby = Jade?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
McBacon said:
Yep. The challenge mode is fucking hardcore. I love these challenges!

Okay, so I played the Demo and am so fucking iffy on the whole thing, but you generally seem to have reasonable taste... what gives? Is there more to it than the demo?

I really only liked the skate park closed off section before the highway chase and the redscreen shit.

SmokyDave

A2M?

Really?

I nearly picked this up yesterday but something about the fact it has dropped in price by £10 already put me off.

McBradders

SmokyDave said:
A2M?

Really?

I nearly picked this up yesterday but something about the fact it has dropped in price by £10 already put me off.

Where did you see that? I would gladly pick it up cheap :p

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I'm an absolute sucker for score and time based challenge modes. Tony Hawks, Crazy Taxi, all that jazz. WET some amazing ones of those.

But as for the story ode, its pretty dire. Some cool scripted moments and what not, but overly long and not very varied. i wouldn't recommend actually buying it, unless its super cheap. Rental for me.

McBradders

McBacon said:
I'm an absolute sucker for score and time based challenge modes. Tony Hawks, Crazy Taxi, all that jazz. WET some amazing ones of those.

But as for the story ode, its pretty dire. Some cool scripted moments and what not, but overly long and not very varied. i wouldn't recommend actually buying it, unless its super cheap. Rental for me.

Bah. Shame, I really like the main character and the presentation even if she does wear a jacket with sculpted tits on it (wtf mate?).

Bargain bin purchase.

SmokyDave

McBradders said:
Where did you see that? I would gladly pick it up cheap :p

My local Blockbuster have it at £29.99 brand new.

I think Sainsburys did too but I'd picked up NFS: Shift by then and stopped paying attention.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
2vv145k.jpg

Well, that wasn't too hard :p

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I nominate WET for coolest free shirt I obtained at PAX this year.

Still not enough to make me buy the game, though. I guess I'll see how it turns out and maybe pick it up for cheap later on.

Mr Jared

I am positively in love with this game but I think I'm going to have to give up my Hard run. I'm not sure what level I'm on, but it's the
Arena post-chaingun section while you're chasing the fat, sweating guy. You're at loading dock-like area, chaingun guy up top opposite a chaingun that you can take control of.

Well, I barely have any shotgun or SMG ammo and no crossbow ammo. Getting shot by the chaingun kills you almost instantly on hard and I can't do acrobatics to avoid getting shot.

The closest I've gotten out of probably about 60 tries is I get the chaingun guy killed, then I get wiped out almost instantly from the ensuing baddies and grenades.

Is there a trick to getting this arena done that I'm missing? I blazed through the game on Normal but on hard, the arenas seem to be a lot more difficult due to the increased accuracy of the enemies.

Zen

Banned
I'll be getting this on the cheap, I'm not sure if that means trade in or waiting for a deal, but it will be bought.

EDIT: The gametrailers review seems to have better graphics tahn the PS3 Demo I played, is there a difference between the 360 and PS3 version?

Darkpen

Banned
I downloaded the Stranglehold demo two nights ago, just to compare, and I still stand where I stood before: WET > Stranglehold.

Game's just awkward. WET's comboing and stylish kills makes for a far more entertaining and interactive experience.

McBradders: A large portion of the game is primarily the skatepark style gameplay.

Zen: Really? I didn't notice any *graphical* superiority, but what I did notice was that they had some odd glitches that I never came across on the PS3. I don't know why the reviewer made such a big deal out of the ladder.

Darkpen

Banned
Ikaris said:
Agreed, WET is overall a better game.
lol, I told this to a gamestop manager last week, and he was like "lol wat"

:lol

watching him trying to hold his composure :lol

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Stranglehold didn't really utilise it's crazy trick system. Like you could slide on a trolley and run up a banister if you wanted, but if you didn't that was cool too.

But WET gives you health keeping a combo up, and lets you buy upgrades with style points.

In that respect alone, WET wins.

Danj

I rented this via Lovefilm (UK equivalent of Netflix) but I've got stuck at the bit where
you are in free fall and you have to avoid all the debris
. And before you say "go to gamefaqs", I already went there and there aren't any guides, and the only guide I've found so far doesn't tell you how to do this bit. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Darkpen

Banned
Danj said:
I rented this via Lovefilm (UK equivalent of Netflix) but I've got stuck at the bit where
you are in free fall and you have to avoid all the debris
. And before you say "go to gamefaqs", I already went there and there aren't any guides, and the only guide I've found so far doesn't tell you how to do this bit. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
You probably already got past this, but I thought I'd quote it since several people have mentioned this in this thread before.

Personally, that scene took maybe... 3-5 attempts before I pulled it off, and it honestly wasn't frustrating to me so much as it was "oh, ok, let's try it again."

Honestly, there were much more frustrating parts in the game than that scene for my original playthrough. Come ot think of it, I still haven't updated the OP :S

Darkpen

Banned
Grecco said:
The scenes were Rubi would go on rage mode were more difficult to me.
Oh definitely. When she goes in that mode in the first half of the game, its pretty easy, but in the second half, the difficulty ramps up pretty hard, and the platforming itself because disorienting.

Grecco

Darkpen said:
Oh definitely. When she goes in that mode in the first half of the game, its pretty easy, but in the second half, the difficulty ramps up pretty hard, and the platforming itself because disorienting.

I thought the first one was hardest. I think where you are going up the building cause i missed a ton of the jumps. :lol

The game was surpsingly fun overall. Best Max Payne clone this gen imo.

EXGN

I still think it's weird that the game actually punishes you for just standing/running and shooting like a normal person :lol . Like it took me a while to realize I had to be constantly jumping/sliding to use both guns and get slow mo.

Darkpen

Banned
EXGN said:
I still think it's weird that the game actually punishes you for just standing/running and shooting like a normal person :lol . Like it took me a while to realize I had to be constantly jumping/sliding to use both guns and get slow mo.
Fair enough, but I like it better than having 2 arms held out straight infront like tuning forks for 90% of the game.

Darkpen

Banned
...did anyone know that there was an Amazon preorder bonus for preordering WET? :S

I just got an email about some mp3s from the WET soundtrack that I can download for preordering WET.

McBradders

Darkpen said:
...did anyone know that there was an Amazon preorder bonus for preordering WET? :S

I just got an email about some mp3s from the WET soundtrack that I can download for preordering WET.

Wow, lag :lol

So I bought this when it hit £20-ish and pretty much loved every minute of it. Rubi is all kindsa badass. I want a sequel and I want them to fix their broke-ass platforming shit. The gunplay is cool, the acrobatics are cool. They should definitely focus more on the "Tony Hawk-ness" of it all in a sequel which we will likely never get.

Rubi is the coolest new character in a game of '09. FACT!

Darkpen

Banned
Yeah, I absolutely adore the style of the game, in every sense. It just has too many projectile spam kill boxes.

It looks like the zip has 4 mp3s and a wav file. I'll give them a listen later.

edit: I did a search in my email, and it turns out I had gotten the preorder bonus before (sept 25), but I just never noticed it :lol The only difference is the updated file "Desert Slaying Half M1"

Tokubetsu

Zombie thread? I just rented this from Gamefly and I'm thinking of purchasing. It's extremely fun and I love the presentation. /Tokubetsu falling in love with yet another game considered mediocre at best by most gamers.

JDS 1977

Banned
I'll zombie this one even further.. 360 or ps3? I have the choice of both and could probably do the demo on each. but I figured I'd ask for anyone who may own it or finished it on either console.

Baron

JDS 1977 said:
I'll zombie this one even further.. 360 or ps3? I have the choice of both and could probably do the demo on each. but I figured I'd ask for anyone who may own it or finished it on either console.

I was just thinking the same thing, I enjoyed the demo, not sure if one platform is better than the other. I don't really expect a response, you didn't get one over a year ago, but I'll try anyway.

I think the PS3 version is in DTS. Besides that, never heard a graphical difference between the PS3 and 360. I couldn't find it for the PS3 back then, so I got it for the 360 instead, very fun game.

Top Bottom