• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behind the Scenes Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something outside of the Nolan trilogy:

ucO05.jpg

OuGeX.jpg

mOfQL.png

kyoya

I've always had a fascination with studio lots and soundstages. What happened to the iconic MGM Studios soundstages? Lorimar bought them out in 1986. Here's some photos of the iconic Metro Goldwyn Mayer sign being taken down with Lorimar already displaying its signage:

50B72E78E478330B6C2BBE76C52AE3EB.jpg

2AE03843EC8D69449D761C9B916F4318.jpg

The studio lot is now home to Sony Pictures Entertainment, the backlots were torn down a long time ago before Lorimar's ownership.

Where did Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan shoot some of their most iconic movies?: At the Golden Studios (the Golden Havest studio) which were torn down by the Hong Kong government to make way for condominiums. Very sad it was never preserved.

ghs-1-a.jpg

Plaque on the door:
ghs-2.jpg

Bruce Lee standing in front of the stuido for promotional shots:
38787925_p.jpg

jbueno

Man what an awesome thread. Shame I can´t really contribute with anything other than this badass lowres pic of Kurosawa and Mifune in the production of Yojimbo.

eM0r1.jpg

books about behind the scenes are awesome

the making of empire strikes back is full of anecdotes,it breaks my heart knowing harrison ford hated carrie fisher ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom