• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Carson turned down offer to work in Trump's admin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amory

Isn't this like, exactly what happened with Brexit?

The measure passed unexpectedly, and then no one associated with the movement wanted to be in charge of anything?

Izuna

Banned
are
you
fucking
kidding
me

you piece of shit. I'm sorry, but weren't you running for the presidency and criticising Obama for his inability to help black America?

lB0z8zK.png

Toxi

Banned
On the plus side, this means our Secretaries of Health and Education can be other completely unqualified morons.

Haha Ben Carson must be thanking his lucky stars that he didn't win. If there is a silver lining here, it's that Trump is going to be miserable as President. He never wanted this.

Most on the Republican side running for president aren't actually running for president. I'm pretty sure Trump was on that train, too...

It's a money making machine. You get a ton of fame and media attention to your name and can grab donations. It's a book tour.

He knew he wasn't going to win, but he got his name out there in a bigly way. Personally I don't think he had any interest in winning at any point.

I kind of think the same thing happened with Trump, except it got horribly out of hand.

Still pretty dumb no matter how you slice it, and as we can see with Trump making it that it's frightening.

Please tell me he said this with the straightest face possible.
He once gave us this face.

carson.jpg

I'm pretty sure making that face used up all of his ki energy for the rest of the year, though.

qcf x2

On one hand, I commend him for being honest.

On the other hand...brother man, you ran for President so what the fuck are you on?????

The avatar says it all, lol. Ben Carson is an enigma. He's really smart, but also really dumb.

Isn't this like, exactly what happened with Brexit?

The measure passed unexpectedly, and then no one associated with the movement wanted to be in charge of anything?

lol, no? Not at all. Ben Carson is Ben Carson.

Blader

Ben Carson is a black hole of human intelligence. Not only massively stupid in his own right, but engaging with him or his words in any way causes your own IQ to drop.

"Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency."

I.....dont know what to say.

1) Neither does the president.
2) You RAN FOR PRESIDENT.
3) Since when do you have a conscience?
4)
58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Obviously the President job is not as important as the other jobs in the administration since both Carson and Trump had no doubt about they candidature with no relevant education or experience whatsoever. I think that even hiring a janitor at White House might require a more in depth selection than a President.

Toxi

Banned
Think about this though: If that asshat was first choice, who the fuck is second?
For Secretary of Health and Human Services (fucking scary list)

Mike Huckabee
Bobby Jindal
Rick Scott

For Secretary of Education

Williamson M Evers (whom you might recognize from Bush years)

faisal233

I.....dont know what to say.

1) Neither does the president.
2) You RAN FOR PRESIDENT.
3) Since when do you have a conscience?
4)
58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg
It makes perfect sense.

He will never be held accountable for the platform he ran on and continue to spout crazy while making bank.

Being part of the admin means to put in real work, be held accountable for your crazy policies and most likely make less money.

More money, no responsibility wins.

Amory

lol, no? Not at all. Ben Carson is Ben Carson.

I thought Farage and Boris Johnson were both assumed to be in line to either take Cameron's job or at least take some political leadership role in the Brexit aftermath, and both of them were like "No, I'm not the right person"

Maybe I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom