• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Carson turned down offer to work in Trump's admin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency."

I mean.....like.....I just.....

Toxi

Banned
I thought Farage and Boris Johnson were both assumed to be in line to either take Cameron's job or at least take some political leadership role in the Brexit aftermath, and both of them were like "No, I'm not the right person"

Maybe I'm wrong.
Johnson was, not Farage.

Seems like a likeable guy, I can admire a guy who recognizes the limit of his talents. Way, way too many people at the top exceed the Peter principle.

PSqueak

Banned
Deep inside his brain there is a never ending battle between Ben the Neurosurgeon and Ben the Politician, the neurosurgeon briefly managed to beat the politician to make this reasonable choice to reject the position.

He had to, he had let the politician run the show for too long.

SpecX

Seems like a likeable guy, I can admire a guy who recognizes the limit of his talents. Way, way too many people at the top exceed the Peter principle.

Why didn't he recognize this prior to running in the election? This is nuts, I cannot believe he actually said this. This to me can't be the real reason he decided to opt out.

ElRenoRaven

So he won't take a cabinet job but he fucking runs for president. Yup. They're just fucking running people to look diverse now it seems.

Just fucking pathetic.

I'd like to believe that he saw what a mess Trump's transition is already and he realized everything was a mistake and that it was time to get out before he did anymore damage.

Probably not true. But dream on.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ben Carson is a big winner of this whole cycle, isn't he? Did people even really know him before he ran?

CrisKre

Thanks for being honest and showing your whole run was an attention grab to sell books.

Wish your running mate would have done the same frankly.

Now fuck off into irrelevance.

LMAO,

What a state of a country when you got people with no politcal experience running for president and some getting decently far

And to think Harambe got 11k votes as well in the elections

Toxi

Banned
LMAO,

What a state of a country when you got people with no politcal experience running for president and some getting decently far

And to think Harambe got 11k votes as well in the elections
A dead gorilla would be a better President than Trump.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency.

You cannot make that shit up... Time to shut down The Onion

Tehalemi

"Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency."

sawerz9.jpg
sweet jesus...

witness

Just hysterical, at least he's honest with himself. Now can they get someone actually qualified for any of these positions please?

studyguy

How does one run for presidency and still claim you have no experience to run a high ranking position within the administration after you're offered one as consolation?

There's no need to have respect for this man, he actually pulled in votes during the primaries. The fuck.

Prompto

Banned
Ben Carson is a big winner of this whole cycle, isn't he? Did people even really know him before he ran?
He had a bit of fame. Even had a movie based on him starring Cuba Gooding Jr. But yeah more people definitely know his name now.

There goes Trump's one potential black cabinet member.

Are there any other minorities up for a position?

Or is it all just old white men?

Have any women being assigned yet for that matter?

(I'm serious. I have no idea if there are any women or minorities being considered for any of Trump's remaining cabinet positions????)

On the one hand, happy that he will be nowhere near the administration. On the other, you know who Trump has said he would love as Health and Human Services secretary?

MICHAEL SAVAGE.

The "Mental Illness is a lie" Michael Savage.

tkscz

But, but this man was beating Trump is several states in the polls before the GOP chose Trump. There was a chance he could've been president. Now he doesn't feel he should be messing around with politics?

Toxi

Banned

(I'm serious. I have no idea if there are any women or minorities being considered for any of Trump's remaining cabinet positions????)
David Clarke

Omarosa would kill two birds with one stone.

RainForce

Banned
I mean, At least half of america wouldn't be mad at him and would probably like him just as much as his zealots like him now. He'd certainly be my favorite person for just quitting right now.

Nah, that means we get President Pence, which is worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom