• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie Sanders endorses Hillary Clinton for president

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Cool. Would've been nice if this would stop the irrelevant concern-trolling over the existence of Sanders supporters, but I guess that's a bit much to ask. Smug doesn't wash off that easily.

Someone check in on HAHA Goodman.

Can this guy be any more wrong about everything?

13584028_1658244927833989_1814328725_n.jpg

Jeels

Good speech by Sanders. Even with that I have some friends on Facebook that are freaking out about this and talking about how he sold out to the establishment. Even had a couple people say they are voting for Trump just to watch this country "burn to the ground".

I'm sorry, but this really pains me to see. I'm not sure what background these people come from but this is really super entitled bullshit. These are the same people that think minorities aren't educated enough because they are voting for Hillary. As an immigrant (and I am sure a lot of others feel this same way) came to this country because we love this country and all the great things about it, and truly appreciate it for it's opportunities and want to preserve and improve upon that in any way we can. We have seen first hand the great things this country is, and also have felt the challenges (either being minorities, or starting economically weak). In that sense, it's heartbreaking to see so called progressives being okay with "burning it to the ground". It is literally un-American.

Brinbe

Fantastic speeches and rally. True unity now, fighting at full strength. The GOP is utterly fucked.

Imagine Obama, Bill, Uncle Joe and Liz Forma getting in on that too! Goddamn

Honestly? Great speeches by both Bernie and Hillary. I'm excited for the months ahead.

That was probably one of Hillary's better speeches of the campaign IMO. Fired up, funny, and an attack dog.

Gotta say, Bernie did more than I thought by staying in this long. Seems to have made a couple jigs to Hillary's policies that his supporters should be happy with.

Unless Hillary was gonna play that all along and she plays us like a banjo (with backing sax from Bill of course)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... when can we expect the first Clinton vs Trump debate? September? I'm curious to see how stupid Trump will look.
Yet, will still not be enough for him to lose votes

Xe4

Banned
Good for him. I'm not sure how much good this will do, as I'm sure many of his supporters will have already moced, but it can't hurt.

The "establishment" (what a vague term) has been pretty nice to Sanders.

After the California primaries, most of the congressmen and women who went on TV said that Bernie should be able to finish out his campaign as he pleases and they thanked him for bringing many issues to light.

The Democratic Party and its members by and large didn't tell Bernie to drop out. It was Hillary supporters and those in the media.

Kraftwerk

His speech was good.

It's still scary because I have so many friends saying how they are voting for trump now and they feel betrayed by Bernie.

Holmes

Very different reception between the two after their speeches than before. They were both awkward and stiff before, and after Sanders' speech, it was Clinton that had to initiate a hug. After Clinton's speech, it was Sanders that initiated it by putting his arm around her. They got more comfortable with each other during this.

Very different reception between the two after their speeches than before. They were both awkward and stiff before, and after Sanders' speech, it was Clinton that had to initiate a hug. After Clinton's speech, it was Sanders that initiated it by putting his arm around her. They got more comfortable with each other during this.

Apparently they've always been affectionate to each other off-camera during the debates. We just like to create monsters.

_woLf

Hillary has made huge concessions to her platform to appeal more towards Bernie's supporters.

If that is not seen as a win for the far left that rallied around him, then they were never about the benefit of the country to begin with.

Beat Trump.

His speech was good.

It's still scary because I have so many friends saying how they are voting for trump now and they feel betrayed by Bernie.

Then they were never about Bernie in the first place.

I started out liking Bernie's ideas more initially, but quickly noticed he was tone deaf of issues that were important to minorities beyond socioeconomics. Hillary's campaign had their shit together for the most part, and she continues to acknowledge implicit bias and bigotry as a major issue in America.

Either way I would've supported either candidate. When you're black and fully understand what's at stake with the supreme court and other initiatives, you can't afford to play chicken with your voting decisions.

Hillary has made huge concessions to her platform to appeal more towards Bernie's supporters.

If that is not seen as a win for the far left that rallied around him, then they were never about the benefit of the country to begin with.

Beat Trump.

The problem for some was that it was more about being anti Hilary than pro Bernie. Glad to work with the people that actually want to promote bernies goals though.

Jeels

Either way I would've supported either candidate. When you're black and fully understand what's at stake with the supreme court and other initiatives, you can't afford to play chicken with your voting decisions.

Thanks for sharing...really echos my perspective as an immigrant.

Holmes

Apparently they've always been affectionate to each other off-camera during the debates. We just like to create monsters.
It's easier for the media to create "they hate each other!" headlines because anger and frustration get bigger reactions and more clicks, but there may have been some truth in that. Compared to how Clinton and Warren or Clinton and Obama entered their rallies together with a lot of hugging and touching, this one's entrance didn't have much of that. But when they ended, there was more smiling and touching.

All things considered between the candidates this was a very clean primary fight. Almost zero mudslinging at each other.

Macam

Banned
If you truly supported Bernie Sanders, you should take his endorsement seriously.

Alternatively, if you took his platform seriously, you should watch how vigorously the current nominee and party support the part of his proposals they've adopted.

Also, please save the Reddit crap for Reddit. You can readily participate and mock them there, no need to continue dragging that crap over here.

S4P reacting well

[–] [score hidden] 6 minutes ago
What a lying piece of shit.
This whole time he lied to our faces.
At least with Clinton you knew that she was a fuck. Now we find out that Bernie was even worse- he was pretending to give a shit and now he's selling us all out.
What a complete fuck.
I'm done with this politics shit. Fuck this, let whatever happen in November happen. Who the fuck can ever trust anyone again after the 1 person who promised to actually give a shit about us just stabbed us int he back.

[–] [score hidden] a minute ago
Never did I imagine that I be witness to the creation of a new political hope, a party that truly represented the people, by a person who lived those morals and values their entire life. And never did I imagine that same person, so steadfast in their beliefs, get bought and sold to destroy that movement in an instant...

[–] [score hidden] 6 minutes ago
Bernie is now a fucking paid Hillary shill!

I have to wonder how many of these guys are old enough to even vote in the first place.

I'm sorry, but this really pains me to see. I'm not sure what background these people come from but this is really super entitled bullshit. These are the same people that think minorities aren't educated enough because they are voting for Hillary. As an immigrant (and I am sure a lot of others feel this same way) came to this country because we love this country and all the great things about it, and truly appreciate it for it's opportunities and want to preserve and improve upon that in any way we can. We have seen first hand the great things this country is, and also have felt the challenges (either being minorities, or starting economically weak). In that sense, it's heartbreaking to see so called progressives being okay with "burning it to the ground". It is literally un-American.

Agreed on all points. I was more than happy to say my piece and block those morons. I don't know how anyone can be so selfish to vote for Trump for such a petty reason without thinking of the consequences that will arise from it. So what if Sanders didn't win? You're honestly gonna look me in the eyes and tell me that you're gonna vote for Trump and basically destroy this country?!?! Man I usually don't get this angry about politics, but that shit just pushed me over the edge.

Expected and glad it's over with. Now I just want to see trump lose, neogaf stop shitting on bernie every single thread, and for us all to grab a pint at the Winchester while this whole thing blows over.

Edit: Alot of people that rooted for Bernie did not actually care about politics. I loved the guy but when most of your demographic is young people who have never followed an election.... yeah

At the end of the day, Sanders support will still mobilize some people to vote for Hillary. Some people were never going to vote for her no matter what.

They can fantasize that the Green Party would hit the ground running if they won the Presidency and bring about the change that the platform promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom