• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk 2016 Anime |OT| Prelude to the CGI Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One day we'll get something like the 2011 HxH adaptation or we get the CW live action version that is really half assed and misunderstands the material as even Void looks like a runway model.

I dropped jojo and still watch berserk. Help me!
Judging by your avatar is it safe to trust what you say? Lol. Jojo honestly isn't for everybody.
One day we'll get something like the 2011 HxH adaptation or we get the CW live action version that is really half assed and misunderstands the material as even Void looks like a runway model.
If Griffith isn't the prettiest chick in the cast they fucked up.

HStallion

Judging by your avatar is it safe to trust what you say? Lol. Jojo honestly isn't for everybody.

If Griffith isn't the prettiest chick in the cast they fucked up.

Just you wait till bored American housewives start shipping people together. Tumblr will explode.

I dropped jojo and still watch berserk. Help me!
c76.jpg

dan2026

One of these days the Berserk manga will finish and we will get a Hellsing Ultimate style OVA page perfect adaptation of the manga in 50 minute long episodes, each covering roughly a volume (so like 40 something 50 minute episodes).

It will be the greatest thing to be put into the animation medium just like Berserk is the greatest thing to be put into a manga panel.

Its good to have dreams.
I also dream that one day we will get a full anime remake of Rurouni Kenshin.
A man can dream, a man can dream....

One of these days the Berserk manga will finish and we will get a Hellsing Ultimate style OVA page perfect adaptation of the manga in 50 minute long episodes, each covering roughly a volume (so like 40 something 50 minute episodes).

It will be the greatest thing to be put into the animation medium just like Berserk is the greatest thing to be put into a manga panel.

Indeed, you've got to dream big, LoGH-big. Without question, it at least has a better chance than Guin Saga getting a full and proper anime treatment, so there's that going for it~

Moaradin

Berserk is at least still running in the manga and seems somewhat popular still. As long as it has that going for it, a new anime adaption is far more likely than a lot of other older manga that concluded already.

Anung

Un Rama
Alright episode. Ugly as sin but some of the Mozgus stuff looked really good. Especially his God's Thousand Strike Cannon.

Indeed, you've got to dream big, LoGH-big. Without question, it at least has a better chance than Guin Saga getting a full and proper anime treatment, so there's that going for it~

LoGH is such a miracle. It got a 110 episode series which was then entirely redrawn for the DVD/Bluray release. And then there's two 25 episode prequel shows. Not even mentioning the movies. And we're getting a new anime next year from I.G.

Most of the time I can't believe LoGH exists.

DVCY201

Need to get started on the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. It's kinda amazing that they got greenlit in the first place, because they didn't premiere on television did they?

Bebpo

Banned
Kinda surprised to see people still hating at this point. If you hated the show from the start, what are you expecting from the show at this point? I mean the show's gotten a lot better. The Mogzus fight was pretty good as was Gattsu vs the disciples a few eps back.

I sincerely cannot believe the publisher of Berserk would accept this abomination to keep tarnishing their property.

Oh come on, it's not tarnishing anything. Not any worse than most live action movie adaptations of popular franchises. This anime & the musou game coming out are just fanservice for fans of the series. They aren't replacements for the manga, they get people to read it.

Dahbomb

Its good to have dreams.
I also dream that one day we will get a full anime remake of Rurouni Kenshin.
A man can dream, a man can dream....
I feel like this can happen down the line. By that I mean a full manga adaptation. It's one of the more popular properties out there.

Need to get started on the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. It's kinda amazing that they got greenlit in the first place, because they didn't premiere on television did they?
It wasn't without its share of problems, it kept switching directors and studios. Took like years to complete as well. I was following it from episode 1 and it was a pain waiting for every release.

HStallion

Kinda surprised to see people still hating at this point. If you hated the show from the start, what are you expecting from the show at this point? I mean the show's gotten a lot better. The Mogzus fight was pretty good as was Gattsu vs the disciples a few eps back.

Its Guts. His name was never anything else.

Nice change, but the whitewashing was such a dumb thing to do in the first place. If Berserk isn't mega popular in Japan then they should have just done it right for the western audience from the start.

I forgot to say that this episode might be the last time we have to "listen" to that ending. What were they thinking? "Let's make the least Berserk thing and put it in the end of all episodes"

Oh come on, it's not tarnishing anything. Not any worse than most live action movie adaptations of popular franchises. This anime & the musou game coming out are just fanservice for fans of the series. They aren't replacements for the manga, they get people to read it.

If I was new to Berserk, this anime show would work as a huge repellent.

People can have different opinions, but Berserk is more or less established as a quality manga. I think such a low quality product is detrimental to Miura's work. Yes, the anime makes more people buy manga. What about the ones who watch this stinker and never look back?

As for what I'm expecting. I'm expecting it to end and be buried in the trash bin of a supermaket where it belongs. And if not for Berserk fans, who would actually want to keep watching this atrocity? Just check this thread. Most people who talk about it are also active on Berserk OT, outside a few exceptions.

I remember people trying to justify this mess.

Soule

The dream.

Prototype

I love the show and don't mind the animation at all. It's not perfect but I don't care. I hope the series is popular and keeps going for many more seasons. I'm just happy to have more Berserk.

IbukiLordSA

New ep was another great one, really enjoying the series, has kept me entertained and tuning in every Friday night to get my weekly Berserk fix. This show needs to be a weekly thing don't want it to end.

Watched the latest episode and was disappointed how rushed the casca guts reunion was. Still not the best anime, but berserk is a strong source material so you can find some great segments in the series. Luca was great from introduction and the series nailed how shit Nina is.

Arkeband

Banned
A few of the shots she seems almost too dark considering the weird lighting for the rest of the scene. Seems like they overcorrected, but oh well.

Hopefully we get more improvements for the bluray release. English dub can't come fast enough.

I'm actually surprised we got Casca back to her original color early in the season.
I wonder what else angry fans can get fixed if we continue to shout more.

Maybe the producers will change studios or give a bigger budget for the next season (if there is one).

Not sure if it was rumors or actually official,l that when this was first announced it was originally a 24 episode series. Maybe they are retouching/redoing the last 13-24 if that's true :/

HStallion

I'm actually surprised we got Casca back to her original color early in the season.
I wonder what else angry fans can get fixed if we continue to shout more.

Maybe the producers will change studios or give a bigger budget for the next season (if there is one).

Not sure if it was rumors or actually official,l that when this was first announced it was originally a 24 episode series. Maybe they are retouching/redoing the last 13-24 if that's true :/

That was apparently a mistranslation as the producers clarified later on its 13 episodes.

Grudy

That was apparently a mistranslation as the producers clarified later on its 13 episodes.

13 is kinda weird, don't most anime seasons now end at 12 episodes? I also can't think of 2 episodes worth of content left in this arc, pretty sure they can wrap it up in 1 episode at the pace they're going.

KHlover

Banned
13 is kinda weird, don't most anime seasons now end at 12 episodes? I also can't think of 2 episodes worth of content left in this arc, pretty sure they can wrap it up in 1 episode at the pace they're going.

13 is a pretty standard number of episodes for a one cour series though?

Half the length of Cowboy Bebop, 2% of the quality.

Grudy

I've taken some time to listen to the movies soundtrack (well just the first one) and I...quite like it! They're really overshadowed by the original anime's OST but I'm a fan. I don't know why they all have French names though. Aria is my favorite so far.

And they really have a tight budget on the new anime, huh? So many reused soundtracks.

sora87

You know, I've actually enjoyed this anime more as time's gone on. It certainly not the best and there's lots of ugly scenes but I dunno, I've found some enjoyment out of it

I've taken some time to listen to the movies soundtrack (well just the first one) and I...quite like it! They're really overshadowed by the original anime's OST but I'm a fan. I don't know why they all have French names though. Aria is my favorite so far.

And they really have a tight budget on the new anime, huh? So many reused soundtracks.

Aria was done by Hirasawa, who did the '97 ost.

I liked the closing credits song, but everything else was forgettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom