• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Yes. I'm going to assume he's
Casca's demon baby thing
. Funny enough he also reminds me of that kid that became a homunculus in the original FMA.

Veelk

Banned
But Jaded-sensei, how can that be if Griffith used Gut's and Caska's child's body to reincarinate?! Unless....

Btw, I think you can drop the spoiler tags now. You're out of any major spoiler territory.

Then what the fuck did he use...unless that ain't Griffith and it's actually that living Behelit creature. I usually spoiler tag for Tricky I Shadow and one other person that I'm ahead of in here.

Veelk

Banned
Ah....then spoiler tag away I guess.

What is the other possibility you're not considering regarding the kid and griffith?

Veelk

Banned
She had twins?

you literally saw her give birth.

The kid IS Griffith. As you noted, he's associated with the full moon, and Zodd made a stealth appearance as a silhouette. My guess is that the deal Griffith had to work out with the kid is that he gets a few days free roaming when there is a full moon out. The kid that Guts and Caska have been nurturing is Femto reincarnated.

It's also why I currently believe that Femto raped Caska. As a being that can percieve causality on a large scale, he must have seen this opportunity coming, so he tainted the child with his own essence, allowing him to be a suitable body to reincarnate into when the Living Behemit's opportunity came. I mean, if the Godhand could just reincarnate into anyone, I would imagine they'd be more directly involved in the world than they are. So Griffith planned ahead and placed himself within the world before reincarnating.

Well that's a definite long con befitting of Griffith.
Only thing is I guess his golden city is left in total anarchy while he's traipsing around as a kid...but that doesn't seem like a Griffith move so I'm going to assume he has a rather stable government set up that works just fine with or without him being there on a daily basis.

Then what the fuck did he use...unless that ain't Griffith and it's actually that living Behelit creature. I usually spoiler tag for Tricky I Shadow and one other person that I'm ahead of in here.
Yeah, but he can change into Femto at will, right? If he didn't, then that could be a possible theory.

New Berserk anime project announced.

Not sure if I can post the image, but it's spreading on twitter.

EDIT: ANN has it up too now.

Next Berserk chapter in summer? LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

Veelk

Banned
But....but.....

sad_asian-56686.gif

We just got off the boat...

WE JUST GOT OFF THE BOAT

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
ANN article

In addition, Miura will put his Berserk manga on hiatus, with the next chapter coming in "around" summer next year. The manga will also then be published as an irregular series.

it was fun while it lasted

UQFpeT0.gif

And he wast just getting back with a more regular schedule.

@new Anime
They better ditch the CGI, do an OVA Series and get Susumu Hirasawa back doing the soundtrack again (not just the opening in the movie)

Miura you fucking troll seriously? Arai consistently pumps out Jojo from what I understand but Berserk gets like 5 issues per leap year I'm going to assume?

Veelk

Banned
Miura you fucking troll seriously? Arai consistently pumps out Jojo from what I understand but Berserk gets like 5 issues per leap year I'm going to assume?

You're lucky you came in at a good time too. You got to read the manga as the newest chapters were coming out, and now there is an anime set up for you to re-discover the story in a novel way.

Erigu

Miura you fucking troll seriously?
To me, the actual surprise is that some people are surprised.

Arai consistently pumps out Jojo from what I understand but Berserk gets like 5 issues per leap year I'm going to assume?
Those two titles really don't have much in common...
(And I'll take what little Miura has done for the past few years over Araki's offering in the same period of time.)

Nibel

On the one hand I'm happy about a new anime adaption

On the other hand next chapter is out in summer

No idea how to feel

8kN5sVo.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The 90s anime was my introduction to Berserk, and one of the first series I watched. And I recently watched the films. They're super compressed obviously, but I actually enjoyed them all. Full disclosure, I had read way past the Golden Age arc in the manga, so it was just fun seeing certain moments animated. I'd gladly take more.

You're lucky you came in at a good time too. You got to read the manga as the newest chapters were coming out, and now there is an anime set up for you to re-discover the story in a novel way.
But the new anime is cg, which really shouldn't be used to show off Miura's work. I will admit the 90's anime didn't capture too well either, but it did a better job than the movies. I still can't get over light skinned Caska. They better at least introduce Farnese as more than just a cameo in the new anime.
To me, the actual surprise is that some people are surprised.

Those two titles really don't have much in common...
(And I'll take what little Miura has done for the past few years over Araki's offering in the same period of time.)
I was dumb to think he'd start cranking it out consistently again. I like them both for two very different reasons. Berserk for dark story telling and Jojo for over the top posing cheese.

That promo pic actually looks like something from the Lost Children arc actually. I remember Guts chilling inside a lighthouse like that.
Yup
Seems this one

7bZPgONl.jpg

Can i cry?
The Miura quote says it's set during the Black Swordsman period.

I mean it's clearly stated if you read it.

He s still the black swordsman in the lost children chapter. The way its written doesnt give me full confidence. And one of the guys of studio c said in the past they wanted to adapt lost children

Wait so the new anime is going to skip over Guts fighting that massive apostle and then warping to the nether world and facing off with Femto? FUCK. THAT. SHIT. That shit was epic.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
He s still the black swordsman in the lost children chapter. The way its written doesnt give me full confidence. And one of the guys of studio c said in the past they wanted to adapt lost children

I'm expecting them to carry on after the Eclipse almost directly - seems the logical starting point and technically it's a carry point from the older anime and the new films.

I'm excited to see anything that isn't Golden Age. I wonder if they will go back to the snake Count to introduce Puck?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Well, at least there will be at least one fully off-the-boat chapter.

I was seriously expecting a hiatus when they saw land, but before disembarking.

I'm expecting them to carry on after the Eclipse almost directly - seems the logical starting point and technically it's a carry point from the older anime and the new films.

The problem is that logic is not something I'm expecting from the guys handling this. They seem to make bizarre decisions and going straight to Lost Children seems in line with those.

Hope I'm wrong cause I would love a proper adaptation of Berserk, something this project more or less makes it impossible to occur.

The problem is that logic is not something I'm expecting from the guys handling this. They seem to make bizarre decisions and going straight to Lost Children seems in line with those.

Hope I'm wrong cause I would love a proper adaptation of Berserk, something this project more or less makes it impossible to occur.
You're not the only one. Both the anime and movie glossed over a couple of rather key moments that I think make Guts a rather complex person. Him being raped as a kid and then the moment where he chokes out Caska post sex are two moments that I think just should not be glossed over.

You're not the only one. Both the anime and movie glossed over a couple of rather key moments that I think make Guts a rather complex person. Him being raped as a kid and then the moment where he chokes out Caska post sex are two moments that I think just should not be glossed over.

They gloss over loads of stuff because of time constraints. They also seem to change stuff for no apparent reason. It may sound picky but it seems Guts is using (in the promo shot) some kind of hip/thigh protector in the armor...which he only uses after he goes back to Godo (after the Lost Children). Why the arbitrary change? Guts armor evolves with time.

They gloss over loads of stuff because of time constraints. They also seem to change stuff for no apparent reason. It may sound picky but it seems Guts is using (in the promo shot) some kind of hip/thigh protector in the armor...which he only uses after he goes back to Godo (after the Lost Children). Why the arbitrary change? Guts armor evolves with time.
I can understand glossing stuff over for time, but at the same time it's not a proper translation of Guts' character at all, I pretty much consider Guts in the anime, manga, and movies as three different characters. Cause anime Guts wasn't as violent as manga and movie Guts, Movie Guts just wasn't as messed up as manga Guts so he was more of a nihilistic sociopath without the proper explanations to make the audience really know why and feel something for him. Guts has his reasons for being the way he is and once you omit those reasons he becomes a completely different character to me.

Top Bottom