• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beside amazing new visual, what make Demons Souls different to rush to get a PS5?

Self

There is no price to high for this gem.
To come to and to die in Boletaria is a true warriors greatest honor.

Reactions: Isa

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I already played it and don't get me wrong it's fucking great that this is coming out but it's by no means an incentive to get a PS5 for me.
Aaaand I'm off to play the binding of isaac ....That's your fault mrBrimstone your nickname and avatar pic do that all the time I see them....
Stop remembering me my addiction please.

Bryank75

Banned
I never played it, so
I also never played it, I came to PS3 for MGS4 and I was more casually playing games at the time.

I think a lot of PlayStation exclusives were not taken as seriously as they are now, back then.
Now I look back and regret not playing things like Folklore, Mod Nation, MAG and this.....

I think a lot of people missed some of the best games Sony ever made.

I missed the entire Resistance series for god sake and I love Insomniac....

• Empathy

laynelane

This game looks gorgeous, from what I've heard the difficulty is up there with ds? Worried about getting frustrated 😂

After the tutorial and first level, Demon's Souls has multiple paths for continuation. It's great because if one way is proving troublesome, there are other options which may be more doable. The first time I played I met a boss I couldn't get past, but after going through the other worlds I was able to level up, gain more familiarity with the mechanics, and go back and beat that boss.

beck_

I think some people are confusing this remake with a remaster. This game has been built from the ground up by Bluepoint on PS5 using their own engine/code. They took Demon Souls as the template and built this game, trying to keep true to the original level design/story/bosses etc. They have said to expect plenty of QOL changes and I wouldn't be surprised if they have added/changed some stuff also.

This will show how good Bluepoint is as a games developer, as it will be effectively their own built game.

I completed DS on PS3 and I'm a big souls fan so Ill be getting this day1.

Entroyp

I’ve never played a Souls game before, so why not start with the one that started it all.

Plus, I trust Bluepoint when it comes to remakes so it’s an easy day 1.

Aaaand I'm off to play the binding of isaac ....That's your fault mrBrimstone your nickname and avatar pic do that all the time I see them....
Stop remembering me my addiction please.

Glad I could help. A great game is a great game. That game must be out of this world in the value/$ chart.

I’ve never played a Souls game before, so why not start with the one that started it all.

Plus, I trust Bluepoint when it comes to remakes so it’s an easy day 1.

You can't go wrong with that line of thought. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
I know I would like to play it early simply due to how invasions work. They are unlimited and you can get that items easily and early (unless that was changed) and the later I get the game the more trolls will be there just constantly invading.

Journey

Banned
Gamers lie to themselves all the time, it's always about the visuals. The could've showed the craziest bridge action scene in Miles Morales, but the talk of the show will be Demon's Souls because it looked amazing graphically. It was my favorite part of the showcase, but I'm an admitted graphics whore 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Rickyiez

While Bluepoint always did stellar job on remaking, they're still not From Software. So yeah, there's that.

Last edited:
I know I would like to play it early simply due to how invasions work. They are unlimited and you can get that items easily and early (unless that was changed) and the later I get the game the more trolls will be there just constantly invading.
With the fucking scraping spear. Often times I'd just kill myself to avoid that cheese.

LarknThe4th

Better load times, and visuals

We already know the base is one of the best games ever, and I haven't replayed it in years so yeah its eye candy with a brain

The same way I bought a gamecube for Resident Evil Remake, didn't regret that either

• Love

Raikugen

Neo Member
The only thing that bums me out about this remake is how bad it makes Dark Souls Remastered look. Imagine if they put half the effort into that project as they did with this.

• Thoughtful

TalentedMrJ

Aside from the insane visuals I see no reason to go back
I'm past that stage in my gaming career where I want to punish myself

There's no way I'm paying $500 plus to get my ass handed to me and let the game collect dust for months before returning
But just thinking of how the Man Eater battle looks?! :messenger_grimmacing_:messenger_savoring:
If I can secure a PS5 I'll get it but definitely won't get this at launch :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TheGrat1

A death + load screen could take anywhere from 15-30 seconds in the PS3 version, though it does make me wonder how they'll present the "Item descriptions" to the player if the game loads in under a second... :pie_thinking:

Demon's Souls never had "item descriptions" during the loading screens, just pictures of NPCs and their names/titles.

Geki-D

Banned
SerpentineHandsomeHoneyeater-size_restricted.gif

Mossybrew

The game was a tedious, punishing slog in 2009 and it will be a prettier tedious, punishing slog in 2020. No thanks!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The game was a tedious, punishing slog in 2009 and it will be a prettier tedious, punishing slog in 2020. No thanks!
You haven't gotten better at playing it (and the rest of the series and like-minded games) since first starting it in 2009? Dang. Also, it's a remake.

Mossybrew

You haven't gotten better at playing it (and the rest of the series and like-minded games) since first starting it in 2009? Dang. Also, it's a remake.

Nah, I realized these games are not for me. Although for some reason I tried again with Dark Souls, same result, put some hours in, finally realize shit just is not fun, trade in game. I learned my lesson.

Dolomite

This is a legacy/ Nostalgia purchase for 70% of those interested and that's fine. The game looks amazing and will still fly off the shelves.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
This is a legacy/ Nostalgia purchase for 70% of those interested and that's fine. The game looks amazing and will still fly off the shelves.
So you think it will only sell like 1.5 million? If that 70% is folks who had the original, they weren't many. A huge waste of money for Sony, lol (nah, it'll do better, duh, the Souls games have gotten way more popular since, it will ride on their coat tails even if it's not as good, and if it is, even better).

Last edited:

Dolomite

So you think it will only sell like 1.5 million? If that 70% is folks who had the original, they weren't many. A huge waste of money for Sony, lol (nah, it'll do better, duh, the Souls games have gotten way more popular since, it will ride on their coat tails even if it's not as good, and if it is, even better).
It'll sell better than it's 2009 launch simply because it's a launch title and it looks amazing. Less competition

FunkMiller

The only thing that bums me out about this remake is how bad it makes Dark Souls Remastered look. Imagine if they put half the effort into that project as they did with this.

Different kettle of badgers. Remasters and remakes have very little in common. Blueprint could still do a DS remake, but then we’ve all bloody played it, so a bit pointless.

FunkMiller

Nah, I realized these games are not for me. Although for some reason I tried again with Dark Souls, same result, put some hours in, finally realize shit just is not fun, trade in game. I learned my lesson.

If you can get hold of Bloodborne, try that. It’s the gateway drug to the Souls games. Faster, better paced, and more accessible. It gets you accustomed to that sweet, sweet gameplay loop at a better rate. An awful lot of people couldn’t stand Dark Souls when they first tried it, but went back after Bloodborne and loved it.

Last edited:

spawn

I know a lot of people did not play this game when it was on PS3. For a lot of people their first game in the souls-genre was either dark souls or bloodborne.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

My question is, do you think Elden Ring will look this good?? It would be weird if a remaster released before a new IP from the original studio looked better, but if Elden Ring is targeting the 8th gen still it's possible. Maybe they should just get this porting house to fix up From Software titles in general...Bloodborne with this treatment would be amazing, fix that damn frame pacing finally.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My question is, do you think Elden Ring will look this good?? It would be weird if a remaster released before a new IP from the original studio looked better, but if Elden Ring is targeting the 8th gen still it's possible. Maybe they should just get this porting house to fix up From Software titles in general...Bloodborne with this treatment would be amazing, fix that damn frame pacing finally.
From tech perspective probably not, since Elden Ring is going to be cross gen game but man it’s going have killer art direction.

Just like Atlus games, I don’t go in to FROM for high tech graphics.

mancs

facial detail ,sound, lighting ? looked wonderful , and it being a true ps5 game , not cross gen , a true snifter of the good things to come, if a p5 can make a remaster , look like a master... well, bring it on baby!

HF2014

Why would I expect different in a remake?
Well, iv wrote an example, like what Capcom did with Resident Evil 1 and 2. The core game is still there, but new content was added. Its a bit hard to understand the meaning of Remake vs Remastered today tbh, this is where its a bit confusing with DeS remake, is it just the QoL experiment that was tweaked? So far nobody know, but its just confusing calling it a remake.

I mean, as someone who still has a PS3 hooked up with my other consoles (and I own the original game)... I'm really looking forward to this. I do think, however, it's a sad state of affairs when the most exciting game at launch for PS5 is a remake of an 11 year old game. Can't wait to play this remake at some point, but yeah this is a pretty underwhelming start to the gen to say the least.

Andodalf

Banned
Well, iv wrote an example, like what Capcom did with Resident Evil 1 and 2. The core game is still there, but new content was added. Its a bit hard to understand the meaning of Remake vs Remastered today tbh, this is where its a bit confusing with DeS remake, is it just the QoL experiment that was tweaked? So far nobody know, but its just confusing calling it a remake.

And then there's FF&: Remake which is a whole new game

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The one thing I didn't like of the gameplay was the weightless feel of the combat. Maybe they fix that or who knows, perhaps it feels different while playing.

The game looked fucking good tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom