• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and Worst Mortal Kombat Fatalities?

I remember mortal kombat 4 had a lot of gems:

Jarek's heart rip

Tanya's neck twister

Fujin's razor wind

Quanchi's leg beat

Shinnok's hand from hell fatalaties

Reiko's shuriken fatality

Liu Kang's where he throws you into the screen

Scorpions toasty fatality

Goro's lair fatality where you could punch someone into the spikes and they could slip off

The prison fatality was good too

MK9 had a lot of good ones too

Bardiche

Best Fatality:

Sektor's Scarecrow and Kung Lao's Buzzsaw were great but since those were already mentioned, I'll go with Tanya's fatality in Mortal Kombat Deception

Tanya's MKD fatality

Worst Fatality:

Besides Quan Chi's neck stretch, Reiko's Torso Kick fatality was pretty bad.

Reiko's Torso Kick.

I do like him though, and I hope he comes back with brutal fatalities.

A_Rival

how bout this:
Mortal_Kombat_1_Fatalities_%28SNES%29.gif

I believe we have a winner....for BEST fatality.

Also, what is up with that Quan Chi neck stretch? Here is one of his latest victims:
thailand-long-neck-woman_12064_600x450.jpg

The Hermit

MK9+GIFS+Smoke.gif

You know what I'm talking about.

you have no idea how I want this gif to end... poor Liu Kang

btw I performed this fatality in event here in Brasil that had demos of MK9 and 3DS.

The crowd went crazy when they saw it, and cheerd... nerdiest moment of my life

Krejlooc

Banned
Efov4O1.jpg

Iconic, shocking, perfect. I will never forget making my sister scream in the arcade by doing this.

This simply cannot be topped. You had to be there at the time.

Mike M

Nick N
MK3 Jax "Giant Stomp" and Liu Kang's "MK1 arcade machine falls on their head" are pretty hard to top as far as stupid ones go.

Noob Saibot's wishbone is fucking intense though.

A must read for all MK fans, here's an in-depth review all finishing moves from the original MK Trilogy..

http://www.sydlexia.com/fatalinstinct.htm

I personally love the original Sub Zero and Scorpion Fatalities. Sub Zeros' is harrowing and gruesome without being off-putting; it makes you feel like you are watching the Roman Colliseum and makes you question your own values. Scorpions' was awesome for the skull head reveal; that was mind blowing at the time. Liu Kangs' Dragon finisher and Barakas' lift you up finisher from MK 2 were highlights. For sheer comedic value, you can't beat Mileena's teeth finisher from MK2 or Smoke's blow up the world one from MK 3.

The worst fatality is the entire freaking MK Armageddon game. Seriously, create your own Fatality? That just took the whole hart and soul out of the game. Terrible.

Noob Saibot's MK9 is my best and my worst, since it's awesome, and it makes me so nauseous I can barely watch it, which is awesome.

Yeah, it was in the OP, but Quan Chi's leg rip from Mortal Kombat 4 is the best. They ruined it in MK9 by making the victim's head explode after a couple hits. MK4's was hilarious because it looked like he was just slowly beating them to death--that's what made the fact that it didn't end so good. In MK9 he hits them a few times and then their head explodes and then he... continues hitting a dead body? Lame.

MK9 had a few that I thought were dumb because they were just pointless corpse mutilation. Like Jax's combined Fatality with the head smash then the arm rip. Should've been the other way around. The actual act of the kill should be the main event.

playXray

Most of my favourites are from the original - Kano's heart rip and sub-zero's head/spine rip in particular. I also thought it was awesome the first time I saw Scorpion pull his face off and breathe fire onto an opponent.

Worst stuff has to be all the crap in MK3 where they just got carried away and had too many finishing moves, most of which were either silly or rehashes of previous stuff.

Less is definitely more when it comes to MK fatalities for me.

Griss

The worst is without a question Bo Rai Cho's "Fart Flame" from Deception

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0kh5gcaLA

Seeing that is one of those moments in a series where you realize that they have to do something with it quick or else it's going to fade away.

Good call. I'm still amazed that Mortal Kombat bounced back from this abyss, I thought it was doomed forever for sure. I just hope we've seen the last of shitty characters like Bo Rai Cho.

Jax's fatality from Mortal Kombat 3 where he grows giant for some reason and stomps on the other fight is ridiculously stupid:
LKYp1py.jpg

This pissed me off so much as a kid. For some reason this was the fatality I got to see the most, and it was so dull. Worst fatality ever, and probably the reason that I will never like Jax.

Top Bottom