• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best animated movie villans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite is probably the devil from Fantasia.

fantasia10.jpg

Granted he does't have a character and it's just in one scene, but he's just so imposing.

So which do think are the best? Cgi animation included.

no-face-jpg.jpg

No Face from Spirited Away. He's mysterious, dangerous and yet kind all at once, and I love the social commentary he represents:
he's only evil and greedy because we made him that way.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Watership-down1.png

General Woundwort from Watership down.
He is described as a rabbit almost as large as a hare. He is depicted with a savage look, complete with pale eyes,  and fur color of undecided thought. Woundwort is orphaned at a young age when his mother is killed by a weasel. He is then taken into the care by a man in a cottage who owns a cat. Once Woundwort is grown, he attempts to kill his first of "the thousand": the cat he lived with. After severely maiming the cat, Woundwort then escapes, and finds his way to his first warren. He quickly usurps leadership, killing the lead rabbit and a rival. He then begins his militarian rule and conquers several other warrens, killing off their leaders personally. Thus Efrafa is born.
Blackavar's_death.JPG

Dogs aren't dangerous!

4790850_f520.jpg

SmithnCo

Judge Frollo from Hunchback is one of my favorites. Different motivation for a Disney-adapted character, and a pretty dark one at that. Awesome song too.

He is literally the devil. Automatically wins.

EDIT: Beaten, how the hell did I miss that?

Also, this scary nightmare childhood ruining bitch;

images

Only answer. Cruel, unforgiving, relentless.

Oh, and uses magic purely for evil.

Yeah, she says something at one point like "I can finally get a good night's sleep for the first time in 16 years!" She has insomnia over some innocent kid not being comatose.

joe2187

Banned
My favorites. All those characters had great voice work, too.

Yes!, man...brings back some memories, that was and is still my favorite animated movie.

James Earl Jones: DOOM...DOOM...DOOM...DOOM!

And Sir Neville fucking Smythe!...such a badass.

I always liked Mok from Rock & Rule...

MxLA8btl.jpg

QzDqikml.jpg

really brilliantly animated character, and great design too. Lou Reed did the singing voice for him. The animated movie he was attached to wasn't that good (though it did have its moments), but the villain was awesome. He basically was based on Mick Jagger.

I also liked the look of a lot of the Chuck Jones stock villains

TheCrusher02.jpg

88275.jpg

88231.jpg

nc005.JPG

Clayface_%28Batman%29.jpg

I also liked Clayface from that series, one of the better tragic villains. Ron Perlman did the voice, which is awesome. But then again, just about all the villains from Batman: TAS were excellent, it's realty hard to find a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom