• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best animated movie villans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Kent Mansley from Iron Giant. He was just funny.
pmIwIFB.jpg
Yes.

Also really surprised not to see Shan Yu from Mulan posted yet. Dude is super imposing.
tumblr_maksw0PFsr1r0sm4j.jpg

No contest

20813.jpg
You're telling me you've watched Ganba. Now that's awesome. I'd imagine Dezaki shows have consistently badass villains (Crystal Boy, etc.).

oztCfxx.png

Richard Williams' genius level animation paired with Vincent Price's genius level voice acting.
Kind of a sissy, but he's well above Jafar in overall creep factor. And dat card shuffling.

Personal favorites? The Count of Cagliostro, the Hand (Czech animated short), and maybe that clown from Brave Little Toaster.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't think Rattlesnake Jake counts for villain. He felt more like the "Dragon" of the film... and even then he wasn't an actual Dragon to begin with.

Anyway glad to see some KFP villain love.

For me...

219599_large.jpg

Hades from Hercules - honestly it's much to do with Wood's performance. I love how he works and how despite being wicked, he still upholds his deal.

Villains-judge-doom.jpg

Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit - yes it counts! And my goodness I love just how plain wicked he is. Really, just watch the film on how sadistic and cunning he is.

RATIGAN.jpg

Professor Ratigan from The Great Mouse Detective - I love him with the way he acts and how Price made the character sweet. I also love the rather strange, post-break-up issue he has over Basil.

Tai_Lung_Kung_Fu_Panda_1023.jpg

Tai Lung from Kung Fu Panda - I consider the most bad-ass villain in animated films that even Gaston's chin has nothing on him. Seriously, he is very dangerous, very intelligent, he is surprisingly deep, and yet he talks with a sophisticated drawl.

ShenKFP2.png

Lord Shen from Kung Fu Panda 2 - On contrast to Tai Lung, Shen is more on intelligence than strength, but at the same time he is more ruthless. His design also is very intimidating despite being a peacock and it's Gary Oldman playing as a villain!

Scar.gif

Scar from The Lion King - Irons really nailed his character. He's scheming but at the same time has some rather weird but lovable desire to be in power. And I love how he moves around and talk, and is hilariously giving an impression that he's fabulous.

dfro381.png

Judge Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame - man I miss Tony Jay :( He made the character really memorable with his voice acting. I also love his "complications" and how he believes he is doing right by wanting to destroy the unclean gypsies. But everyone really remembers him for his "hair sniffing" hahaha.

ChantelDuBois.png

Captain Chantel duBois from Madagascar 3 - you know, the franchise never really had a memorable villain, until its last (and best) movie. Really, people who watched the film agreed that she is one of the best parts of the film. She is determined, very lethal, and very cunning. She moves around like a very dangerously competent Elmer Fudd.

Those are my favorite villains.

Odoul

Thrax_carefull_by_chocolatecherry.jpg

Thrax from the Osmosis Jones movie.
Underrated.

What the FUCK gaf:

Sharptooth_battle.jpg

Terrified me as a kid.

MFer would not stop.

Rattlesnake Jake from Rango. Just a nice surprise in his intensity. Especially liked the weird effect of Bill Nighy doing a western accent.
qcC5e6a.jpg

Instant classic.

Tai Lung was crushing buildings!

Probably the only sympathetic villain type Disney has done. Dreamworks does it alot though.

All he did was bodybag fools!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom