• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Assassin's Creed game?

Best Assassin's Creed game?

• Total voters

borborygmus

I played 1 and 2 and didn't get why people considered 2 an improvement when all its additions were grindy filler, it had a cheap cartoony tone and Ezio was an unconvincing jackass as an assassin.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Rogue is not bad, but very much has a B-team feel in terms of design. But if you loved Black Flag, it's a very good follow up.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I've only played Black Flag and Syndicate. Nice games, but pretty boring. So my votes go to BF and Syndicate.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I played 1 and 2 and didn't get why people considered 2 an improvement when all its additions were grindy filler, it had a cheap cartoony tone and Ezio was an unconvincing jackass as an assassin.
The mission design alone is leaps above the first one. You had like 3 types of missions in the original that got repeated till the very end of the game.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Wats up with Revelation ?
Ok the first half of the game is meh, but the ending is sooooo good IMO ! Also that trailer:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Why dies black flag have do many votes? It was a horrible ac game! There was very little climbing and a lot of “ sneak and follow” missions. One of the worst AC games for me for sure.

borborygmus

The mission design alone is leaps above the first one. You had like 3 types of missions in the original that got repeated till the very end of the game.

It's possible I'm just not remembering it well, but I remember the missions just having more stuff that I didn't find very substantial, and I remember thinking the stealth gameplay was really lacking. It left me with a lasting bad impression, as Ubisoft games tend to do.

Last edited:

Valentino

I voted AC 2 because i'm unoriginal, but myyyy god, Origins TOOK me to Egypt. Sensational feeling and best story and character since Brotherhood.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Are you talking about Assassins Creed? Or the Historical open world games (origins, Odyssey, Vikings etc.)? They went away from the original concept. I place Origins as my game of the year 2017, top 5 open world game of all time but its the worst Assassins Creed game if you were waiting for a typically scheduled Assassins Creed game.

Black flag winning is gross ; any one of them that came before it with the exception of 3, is better. Unity is better. Black flag sucks.

The answer is AC2.

Top Bottom