• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best beer for a first-time drinker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm eating pizza with the blue moon and I could barely drink the blue moon, I'm drinking slowly

- don't know maybe should have started at the very bottom of beers, if this is it then I just don't know
Should've started with a very light beer, something like a Miller High Life or Michelob Light just to get a taste for it.

Armadilo

Banned
Half way done with the bottle and yeah the taste of the alcohol makes it hard. Maybe it's like that for everybody at first

nachum00

I'm eating pizza with the blue moon and I could barely drink the blue moon, I'm drinking slowly

- don't know maybe should have started at the very bottom of beers, if this is it then I just don't know
Like everyone already said. Almost no one likes beer at first. Its an acquired taste.

Ferrio

Banned
Half way done with the bottle and yeah the taste of the alcohol makes it hard. Maybe it's like that for everybody at first

Next time get ciders or something "girly" don't let that discourage you. Girly usually means "tastes good", and cocktails overall are under a small renaissance. Work your way up from there.

op you're drinking a beer, the belgian one, with no malt and no hops (if it's truly made like a true witbier)

just try a basic lager, like a heineken or a beck's

King_Moc

Banned
I think Blue Moon is pretty nasty and doesn't really taste like a typical beer. Someone mentioned Corona earlier, I think that's a good suggestion for someone that's not drank before.

GRIP

Dude, get some Milwaukee's Best Lager. Perfect for someone looking to get into the beer world. Not hoppy or too sweet. Might be a little bitter at first, but that's when it starts getting good.

gimmmick

If you live around SoCal, near San Diego

Lost-abbey-beer.jpg

BiggNife

Blue Moon and Shock Top are good beginner beers I think. Relatively cheap, not bitter, and a little sweet. I would not recommend fancy stuff like IPAs to someone who is just starting out, and making your first beer something like Bud/Coors/Miller etc. will give you the impression that all beers taste like flavorless dishwater which couldn't be farther from the truth.

E: Oh, you already did. Well, I echo what everyone else said. Beer is like coffee. You're going to hate it at first and it's going to take some time before you enjoy it.

MogCakes

If you're gonna drink beer, drink good beer, and drink for flavor. I would recommend trying out craft beer in your local area to get a feel for what's available. My favorite kind are sours.

Armadilo

Banned
Maybe I would rather just drink sweet drinks, anything that actually tastes good. Doesn't Matter if they are "girly drinks" or what not

this_guy

Maybe I would rather just drink sweet drinks, anything that actually tastes good. Doesn't Matter if they are "girly drinks" or what not

Do that, and when you're buzzed beer starts to go down easy. Drink more beer this way and it'll start to taste better even when you're sober.

GRIP

For a more serious answer... Dogfish Head 60 minute is a good beer for someone that isn't really into beer. It's not watered down piss water and has a good, sweet flavor to it. Not too hoppy for an IPA and isn't that strong either.

bundaberg

Banned
You need to finish at least 3 beers in that Blue Moon 6 pack bud. After the second or 3rd you'll start feeling better. Trust me!

When I first started drinking I could barely finish 1 (maybe 2) beers before feeling bloated and disgusted with the taste.

Now I can spend all night drinking it but generally switch to spirits when I get tanked as I still get the 'full' feeling after 6 or so pints.

Nah beer is just disgusting, try getting a cider or hard soda. Much better tasting alcohol. Angry Orchard, Redd's, Not Your Fathers, etc. get those instead.

Does vodka taste better?

You can easily mask the taste of vodka. I would recommend going to a liquor store and getting one of those 50ml bottles of you want to try mixing it with different stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom