• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU)

I3rand0

There's a Visa Checkout offer that gives $25 back on any $100 purchase at Best Buy. If you have GCU, this also stacks with it.

This can be used on multiple orders and also works on preorders but not digital products, giftcards, etc.

http://visacorporate.tumblr.com/post/153487731913/visaholidayforecast

Examples of some orders I made:

$77.02
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Limited Edition
Yakuza 0 The Business Edition

$77.02
Gravity Rush 2
Resident Evil 7

atomsk

Party Pooper
Very nice, stacked this with some rewards points I had laying around.

Essentially paid $35 each for Yakuza 0 and Nioh, awesome.

Toki767

This will give you $24 off The Last Guardian and Horizon Zero Dawn CEs

If you have GCU you can get them for under $80 each.

Awesome deal. Games were $38.24 each for me after tax and cancelling filler item. Some upcoming games you could get:

The Last Guardian
Dead Rising 4
Resident Evil 7
Red Dead 2
Persona 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
Kingdom Hearts 3
Breath Of The Wild
Nier Automata
Days Gone
Spider-Man
Final Fantasy VII remake
Sea Of Thieves
Mass Effect
God Of War
Detroit
South Park

Yes. It will give you a $24 discount rather than the full $25.

Hm, I'm trying to get Last Guardian and Gravity Rush, clicked Visa Checkout, did the quick set up, but now I'm not seeing the additional discount in the checkout screen.

Edit: There it is! Thanks for the heads up!

$77 to get LG and GR2 day 1 delivered, hell of a deal. GCU still based.

lt519

If you really want to get crazy you can use your AmEx with Visa Checkout that has a deal for $25 off $250 that can be spread out over multiple purchases.

I haven't found a good use for this stacking with the Visa though. Not that many pre-orders I'm interested in and the console deals aren't as good as Target. But thought I'd share anyway.

FHIZ

Persona 5 special edition it is then.

Would using my Best Buy visa through the visa checkout also get me my bonus points?

gkryhewy

FYI, there's a flash sale on COD:IW for both platforms until 5 EST. Just picked it up for $22.25 after GCU since it stacks with this deal.

This is kind of nuts....the promotion page says limit one offer per customer for best buy but its letting me use it multiple times....

In two transactions i bought

Dishonored 2
Skyrim special edition and
Resident evil 7 all for 76.29

Then
Horizon zero dawn and
The last guardian for 76.30

Not to mention some of those preorders might qualify for the 10 dollar certificate!

Toki767

Preordered:

Gravity Rush 2
Red Dead Redemption 2
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
The Last Guardian CE
Horizon Zero Dawn CE

Games were under $40 each after tax

CEs were under $80 each after tax.

I'm trying to stop myself from preordering more things.

SeanTSC

Sweet, just saved a shitload with this. 10 orders, so that's 250 bucks on top of GCU savings.

Persona 5 Premium Edition
Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age
For Honor
Horizon Zero Dawn
Resident Evil 7
Nioh
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Digimon World: Next Order
Tales of Berseria
Nier Automata
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Yakuza 0
Max Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD ReMIX
Red Dead Redemption 2
Days Gone
Kingdom Hearts 3
God of War

I was also going to put FF7 Remake, Spider-man, Detroit Become Human, and Zelda BotW on it, but I ran out of room on my card until those orders clear off lol.

FHIZ

Not to mention some of those preorders might qualify for the 10 dollar certificate!

Final Fantasy XV is the only game left that still qualifies for a $10 credit. Can see them repopulating that sometime early next year, but I doubt Horizon will be part of it.

Wheatly

Awesome deal. Games were $38.24 each for me after tax and cancelling filler item. Some upcoming games you could get:

The Last Guardian
Dead Rising 4
Resident Evil 7
Red Dead 2
Persona 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
Kingdom Hearts 3
Breath Of The Wild
Nier Automata
Days Gone
Spider-Man
Final Fantasy VII remake
Sea Of Thieves
Mass Effect
God Of War
Detroit
South Park
The Nonary Games

Damn, will they have a different version for the Switch? Don't have a Wii U

cwistofu

What happens if i cancel an order where I used a gift card and i don't have the gift card number anymore?

I'd like to cancel my current Persona 5 preorder to help get to $100.

Toki767

What happens if i cancel an order where I used a gift card and i don't have the gift card number anymore?

I'd like to cancel my current Persona 5 preorder to help get to $100.
You should call them to cancel so they can send you a new gift card.

Voror

Hmm, will it charge you now for them or just one of those temp ones where you get the real one when the game comes out? Figure I would pick store pickup for the ones I'd go for as that would work better for me.

FHIZ

Hmm, will it charge you now for them or just one of those temp ones where you get the real one when the game comes out? Figure I would pick store pickup for the ones I'd go for as that would work better for me.

Best buy does temp charges on a card that will go away. You get charged for real when it ships.

hollomat

Banned
How can you combine the Am ex offer and Visa checkout? Don't you need to use an am ex for the am ex offer and a visa for visa checkout?

Mr. Hyde

How do I know this is working? I am not seeing a discount. Do I have to actually hit order?

Edit: Nevermind. It works but it doesn't work on Persona 5 + a PSN 12 month membership since it doesn't go over $100.00 with tax.

Hero

For pre-orders, does Visa Checkout bill you right away or do they just run an authorization until the game is preparing for shipping?

AwShucks

This isn't working when going a second time around. Best buy giving me some issue with my card. Odd

Edit: because of no ship date on the game and best buy saying something about a ship date within 15 days of card exp. Ugh
Edit 2: Used a card with a further our expiration and it worked. Beautiful

Alucrid

Banned
For pre-orders, does Visa Checkout bill you right away or do they just run an authorization until the game is preparing for shipping?

i don't know how visa checkout does it, but when going through best buy they definitely put a temp authorization charge on there which goes away after a bit.

SeanTSC

I've always used Visa Checkout on it since it went in and it's just a temporary authorization charge that drops in 2-3 days.

GHerrsch

Neo Member
Does the discount show up on the order after you place it? I ordered Last Guardian and Nier and saw the discount before checkout but now my order says $101.26 and no mention of $24 off.

Top Bottom