• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

Ape

Banned
Is best buy matching the target buy 2 get one free for videogames? I might just go down there tomorrow and load up.

Joei

Is best buy matching the target buy 2 get one free for videogames? I might just go down there tomorrow and load up.

You can usually get them to match other sales, even B2G1, however, I heard that if they do match it you can't use GCU. Every now and then BB does a B2G1 of their own, and I guess if they are personally offering the sale, you CAN use GCU. Again, I don't have experience one way or the other since I just got GCU, but this is what I heard.

Ape

Banned
You can usually get them to match other sales, even B2G1, however, I heard that if they do match it you can't use GCU. Every now and then BB does a B2G1 of their own, and I guess if they are personally offering the sale, you CAN use GCU. Again, I don't have experience one way or the other since I just got GCU, but this is what I heard.

No harm in trying tomorrow I guess. Might as well sign up if I can find a cheap phone at a BB close to me.

Joei

No harm in trying tomorrow I guess. Might as well sign up if I can find a cheap phone at a BB close to me.

If you have success post on here, there are a few games I want to get and have been waiting for BB to offer B2G1.

Ape

Banned
Does the discount apply to Xbox Live gold memberships? Mine just expired. If it doesn't do you guys know if it's on sale anywhere

Does the discount apply to Xbox Live gold memberships? Mine just expired. If it doesn't do you guys know if it's on sale anywhere

Does not apply to digital memberships like that

So far all I've seen for discounts on XBL Gold memberships, is that walmart is having 3 month cards half off

Otherwise there is this

which could be used on a 12 month xbl gold card instead, presuming you're a new customer or setup a new account

bebop242

I'll tell you guys what, all these promotions for GCU were great for employees. Anyone that got one for the store received points totaling $5-10, depending on the day, in Reward Zone coupons that we could personally use. <3 you all.

That's awesome, enjoying your free new TV?

Combining GCU with the Black Friday deals is going to be Bananas. Shadow of Mordor on sale to 24.99 plus 20% off?! Thats 20 bucks. All day son all day.

BB ad

CAG thread

Some Highlights
Take additional 20% games with GCU

$29.99

:xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: Madden NFL 15

:xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: FIFA 15

:xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: NBA 2K15

:xb1: :ps4: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls -- Ultimate Evil Edition

:xb1: :ps4: Watch Dogs

:xb1: :ps4: Alien: Isolation

:xb1: :ps4: Sleeping Dogs - Definitive Edition

$24.99

:xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :wiiu: :wii: Just Dance 2015

:xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: Shadow of Mordor

:xb1: :ps4: The Evil Within

:xb1: :ps4: Metro: Redux

:xb1: :ps4: Wolfenstein

:xb1: :ps4: The LEGO Movie Videogame

$19.99

:ps4: The Walking Dead: Season Two

:ps4: Call of Duty: Ghosts

:ps4: MLB 14

:ps4: Killzone: Shadow Fall

:ps4: Infamous: Second Son

$14.99

:xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

:ps4: $39.99 All DUALSHOCK 4 Controllers

:ps4: $39.99 Sony - Playstation Camera

Pyrokai

Since this thread seems more active than the other one.....I have a question...

I took advantage of this and got it last week. I would like to use this for the Smash bundle I have pre-ordered right now. I pre-ordered it a long time ago, though via the website for in-store pickup on release day. How can I apply this discount towards it? Just call them? Or am I out of luck because I pre-ordered it before I got GCU?

Also, I'm a little confused with the welcome coupons or whatever. I don't see them anywhere. How do I get them and are they just a one-time thing?

I took advantage of this and got it last week. I would like to use this for the Smash bundle I have pre-ordered right now. I pre-ordered it a long time ago, though via the website for in-store pickup on release day. How can I apply this discount towards it? Just call them? Or am I out of luck because I pre-ordered it before I got GCU?

Also, I'm a little confused with the welcome coupons or whatever. I don't see them anywhere. How do I get them and are they just a one-time thing?

Assuming you didn't pay it off already and just put the minimum $5 down and you gave them your rewards zone number at the time of preordering (whether you had GCU or not), the GCU should kick in at the time of pick-up.

But it couldn't hurt to go talk to them in person. Worst case scenario is they cancel your pre-order and you renew it right there.

I had GTA 5 preordered and paid off through a Gift Card. They were unable to just refresh the order and apply the discounts. I had to cancel the order and re-preorder the game which kicked in the discounts. But it was a pain in the ass and being that I tossed the GC since I thought I used all the balance they had to physically send me a new one (still havent received it).

anyone know if the GCU $10 dollar reward certficates will still be active during BF deals, like Mordor currently has?

I thought those were from preorder and they just hadnt updated the site. You still get 10 bucks for released games? I would love to know that answer as well.

anyone know if the GCU $10 dollar reward certficates will still be active during BF deals, like Mordor currently has?

Those are if you preorder, they just haven't removed Mordor.

So you have 2 days to preorder FC4 and GTAV to get the $10 in rewards certificates

Edit: Ohh you mean do you get the $10 reward certs if you buy that game during black friday? No, you need to pre-order the game and no game comes out during black friday and even if it did it wouldn't be on sale

I thought those were from preorder and they just hadnt updated the site. You still get 10 bucks for released games? I would love to know that answer as well.

For what games you can still get $10 for, use this site

inki

Does anyone know how long Best Buy keeps their trade in values at $40? I traded in 1 game but was trying to beat another and now today its down to $28 (was $40 on Sat 11/17). What kind of time frame do I have?

Many Thanks Speschal K!

Does anyone know how long Best Buy keeps their trade in values at $40? I traded in 1 game but was trying to beat another and now today its down to $28 (was $40 on Sat 11/17). What kind of time frame do I have?

They are running a 50% trade-in bonus this week, so they lower the trade-in values to reflect that. With the 50% bonus plus the GCU 10% I got $44.20 trade-in on a $28 game yesterday.

In general I think it depends entirely on the game and level of demand. I think COD:AW will stay at 40 higher than Alien Isolation.

majik13

Those are if you preorder, they just haven't removed Mordor.

So you have 2 days to preorder FC4 and GTAV to get the $10 in rewards certificates

GTAV doesn't, and hasn't, had the $10 dollar voucher listed though...
it is only for certain games they say.

Mordor is the only game I have seen it with out of the games I have looked at. Unity, GTAV and Smash But yeah I thought it was for pre orders only until I saw it with Mordor. I guess as people say the product page hasnt been updated?

Toki767

Mordor is the only game I have seen it with out of the games I have looked at. Unity, GTAV and Smash But yeah I thought it was for pre orders only until I saw it with Mordor. I guess as people say the product page hasnt been updated?

GTA V absolutely has the $10 gift card deal for pre-ordering.

Orayn

not that I dont believe you, but source? usually its listed on the product page.

edit: weird yeah i see it listed on that page linked above, along with Mordor but its not mentioned or listed on the GTAV product page, like it is with Mordor and the others.

Probably just a result of GTA V only being a pre-order on some systems and taking you to a different kind of product page.

Piscus

Mordor is still on that list because the 360 and PS3 versions qualify and they haven't been released yet (they come out tomorrow). GTAV for the One and PS4 are on the list of games that have a $10 preorder voucher, but when you click on the game specifically, it's not listed anywhere. Not sure if it will qualify in the end or not when you pick up the game, but it is supposed to qualify.

When you get to the store to pick it up, have them cancel your pre-order and then ring up the one they had put aside for you. I wouldn't think there'd be any issue.

majik13

Mordor is still on that list because the 360 and PS3 versions qualify and they haven't been released yet (they come out tomorrow). GTAV for the One and PS4 are on the list of games that have a $10 preorder voucher, but when you click on the game specifically, it's not listed anywhere. Not sure if it will qualify in the end or not when you pick up the game, but it is supposed to qualify.

yeah I can see that, I was just pointing out that the voucher is still listed on the Mordor PS4 sku as well. But perhaps the whole game was tagged for the voucher even though they only mean it for last gen versions.

yeah hopefully GTAV actually gets the voucher

Also has anyones GTAV shipped yet? Order and support said it would be here tomorrow the 18th, but my order still hasnt shipped yet.

yeah I can see that, I was just pointing out that the voucher is still listed on the Mordor PS4 sku as well. But perhaps the whole game was tagged for the voucher even though they only mean it for last gen versions.

yeah hopefully GTAV actually gets the voucher

Also has anyones GTAV shipped yet? Order and support said it would be here tomorrow the 18th, but my order still hasnt shipped yet.

GTAV is clearly part of the promotion and the BB website simply forgot to list it under promotions for those specific SKUs

My pre-order deposit ticket for GTAV from last week

15195824693_df6d806fbc_o.jpg

Any chance I can go to Best Buy at 9 PM PT tonight and pick up GTA 5 or am I gonna have to wait until tomorrow?

US retail stores are highly unlikely to break the street date for a massive game like that. You could however look here to see if your store has a midnight opening for GTAV [or Far Cry 4 or DA:I]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/best-buy-gaming-events/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

Lax1085

Banned
Does anyone know how the save 10% digital gaming purchase up to 14.99 coupon work?
\

This si from the welcome package coupons.

Orayn

GTAV is clearly part of the promotion and the BB website simply forgot to list it under promotions for those specific SKUs

My pre-order deposit ticket for GTAV from last week

US retail stores are highly unlikely to break the street date for a massive game like that. You could however look here to see if your store has a midnight opening for GTAV [or Far Cry 4 or DA:I]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/best-buy-gaming-events/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

Are any stores even showing a midnight opening on that page? I checked all the ones near me and some major ones in other states, and none of them showed a different opening/closing time.

Toki767

Are any stores even showing a midnight opening on that page? I checked all the ones near me and some major ones in other states, and none of them showed a different opening/closing time.
I think as long as a store is on that list they will be opening tonight. You can always call and ask to make sure though.

Reven

Anyone know if trade ins lose value if you don't have the manual or case? I want to trade in my 360 copy of GTAV but its from the special edition so I want to keep the steel book.

TomShoe

Banned
Man, it's been 2 weeks now, still waiting for my $10 cert. I'm hoping to use it on Omega Ruby. Why is BB this slow?

Anyone know if trade ins lose value if you don't have the manual or case? I want to trade in my 360 copy of GTAV but its from the special edition so I want to keep the steel book.

Yes, they lose value if you're missing the manual/case or if the game is scratched up.

Best Buy online is generally not well organized across things so information on one page [midnight opening page] may not be correctly updated onto another page [specific store page]. I would just call first as Toki suggested if you're concerned

Man, it's been 2 weeks now, still waiting for my $10 cert. I'm hoping to use it on Omega Ruby. Why is BB this slow?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-p...D=1&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-DsJsl37qq23DX_Ycnwbiow

Game must be pre-ordered by street date and purchased as follows: (1) If you pre-order in store or online for In-Store Pickup, purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date; or (2) If you pre-order online for Ship to Home, your purchase will be processed and shipped on or about street date. Please provide My Best Buy member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Eligible members will receive 500 bonus points (worth $10 in reward certificates) per qualified purchase. Limit one award per member per title. Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of pickup or shipment.

Yes, they lose value if you're missing the manual/case or if the game is scratched up.

It takes 15 days before you get it. It's probably to prevent you from buying it, returning it, and keeping the $10 since the return window is 15 days.

Toki767

Depending on your settings, you may not actually be notified that you have $10 available. I believe the default is at $20. Check your My Best Buy page to see how many points you currently have. You can manually issue yourself a certificate if you have at least 250 points for a $5 certificate.

I got my certificate for Sunset Overdrive last week. So it does take a bit.

Lemstar

They actually don't. It's subject to employee discretion whether they'll accept your game, though, even if the official policy is that they're fine with taking disc-only tradeins.

Koppai

Any chance I can go to Best Buy at 9 PM PT tonight and pick up GTA 5 or am I gonna have to wait until tomorrow?
You gonna have to wait. The only way they can break street date is if one of their competitors breaks it too. I work there and I think the system will prevent you from selling it anyway. If you managed to get it override that person who sold it to you could be fired and face a lawsuit.

netguy503

Best Buy online is generally not well organized across things so information on one page [midnight opening page] may not be correctly updated onto another page [specific store page]. I would just call first as Toki suggested if you're concerned

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-p...D=1&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-DsJsl37qq23DX_Ycnwbiow

Well it's been 15 days since I picked up COD on 11/3 still no $10 cert better get one with my GTA5 pre-order pick up today. Also, my page still doesn't reflect 2022 as my gamers unlocked ending date as it's supposed to and it probably wont update until it's too late to take back this phone for my money back. :(

Well it's been 15 days since I picked up COD on 11/3 still no $10 cert better get one with my GTA5 pre-order pick up today. Also, my page still doesn't reflect 2022 as my gamers unlocked ending date as it's supposed to and it probably wont update until it's too late to take back this phone for my money back. :(

Are you sure COD had the $10 promotion?

You should definitely talk to someone about the missing 2 years of GCU though :\

netguy503

Are you sure COD had the $10 promotion?

You should definitely talk to someone about the missing 2 years of GCU though :\

Oh great first you said wait because if I return it it would void my two years of gamers club unlocked (which I didn't even have so I wouldn't of lost anything...and still don't have) now you're talking differently and now it might be too late to return this phone and I'm out $15 (I decided not to rip off best buy and did the deal legit and I still get screwed. Good job karma). :(

I just picked up my pre-order for GTA5 at Best Buy. I better have $20 of certs coming my way. :(

Can you post the link again to the forum to talk to Best Buy reps online? Thanks.

COD did since it was one of the reasons that I decided to get it.

Ah ok was wondering as COD wasn't mentioned in the list in OP but must've been updated after the fact or something

Oh great first you said wait because if I return it it would void my two years of gamers club unlocked (which I didn't even have so I wouldn't of lost anything...and still don't have) now you're talking differently and now it might be too late to return this phone and I'm out $15 (I decided not to rip off best buy and did the deal legit and I still get screwed. Good job karma). :(

I just picked up my pre-order for GTA5 at Best Buy. I better have $20 of certs coming my way. :(

Can you post the link again to the forum to talk to Best Buy reps online? Thanks.

Sorry man, seems you've really had a run of bad luck :(

Here's the "help with gaming purchase" subforum

And here's the "Gamers Club" Subforum

I got the Gamers Club Unlocked, then preordered the Smash Bundle. However, it's still showing up as full price in my order form. Is the discount not applied until the order ships?

Top Bottom