• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

so I preordered mcc collection. when I pick it up I'll get it for 48 bucks.

when do I get the 10 bucks off?

because I'm probably gonna preorder GTA V which would come out to 38 with the 10$ coupon and the %20 percent off right? and i'd get another 10 bucks to spend on black friday?

majik13

I admit i hadn't (and still haven't) checked it but this is the best thing ever if that is true

Edit: having looked into it now, it appears not to be true.

hmm, every pre order game I have put in my basket has had free 1 day delivery. Is that what people are talking about for release day delivery? I assumed it would come the next day, which is fine by me for the price. Ive never ordered from BB. com yet so not sure if it comes reelase day or the next, or you just need to get lucky.

OraleeWey

so I preordered mcc collection. when I pick it up I'll get it for 48 bucks.

when do I get the 10 bucks off?

because I'm probably gonna preorder GTA V which would come out to 38 with the 10$ coupon and the %20 percent off right? and i'd get another 10 bucks to spend on black friday?
15 days later is when.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
For anyone concerned about the site not showing an expiration date, my profile has toggled back and forth between both. The discount still works when adding a game to my cart. I think it's just a site glitch.

I admit i hadn't (and still haven't) checked it but this is the best thing ever if that is true

I pre-ordered SSB yesterday and it included Express shipping for free, which is the fastest option.

hmm, every pre order game I have put in my basket has had free 1 day delivery. Is that what people are talking about for release day delivery? I assumed it would come the next day, which is fine by me for the price. Ive never ordered from BB. com yet so not sure if it comes reelase day or the next, or you just need to get lucky.

I pre-ordered SSB yesterday and it included Express shipping for free, which is the fastest option.

Interesting.
The FAQ for GCU says there is no guaranteed release day delivery. I put Bloodborne in my cart and I have options for free Standard shipping, $11.99 Expedited, or $18.99 Express.

Can confirm that Smash U has Free Express though.

Orayn

LTTP on Gamers Club Unlocked, but I got it last night with the $30/$40 game deal. Only problem is that my "My Best Buy" account somehow got associated with an invalid email, which is hopefully something they can fix by calling support.

LTTP on Gamers Club Unlocked, but I got it last night with the $30/$40 game deal. Only problem is that my "My Best Buy" account somehow got associated with an invalid email, which is hopefully something they can fix by calling support.

This happened to my buddy. He updated his email in store when buying the GCU. Once he got home he noticed it was on an old email that he has no access to and it didn't update. Turns out that can't update emails in store (they can it just doesn't take effect). So he couldn't get into that email after trying so he spoke to Geek Squad multiple times to no avail. He ended up saying screw it and created a new one and did 2 of the Net 10 cards. Technically he could have used his account with the bad email and still have gotten the discount by using his cell number in store to get it but he wouldn't have been able to do any of the online stuff. Kind of a pain really.

Orayn

This happened to my buddy. He updated his email in store when buying the GCU. Once he got home he noticed it was on an old email that he has no access to and it didn't update. Turns out that can't update emails in store (they can it just doesn't take effect). So he couldn't get into that email after trying so he spoke to Geek Squad multiple times to no avail. He ended up saying screw it and created a new one and did 2 of the Net 10 cards. Technically he could have used his account with the bad email and still have gotten the discount by using his cell number in store to get it but he wouldn't have been able to do any of the online stuff. Kind of a pain really.

Just got off the phone with Best Buy. I was on hold for a long time, but they did manage to update my email address like I wanted.

Just got off the phone with Best Buy. I was on hold for a long time, but they did manage to update my email address like I wanted.
I'm on the same boat I have the rewards account linked to an email that I can't access anymore due to hacking or Hotmail imcopentece. I'll call tomorrow to get it fixed!

Orayn

I'm on the same boat I have the rewards account linked to an email that I can't access anymore due to hacking or Hotmail imcopentece. I'll call tomorrow to get it fixed!

The trick is to say "operator" at the main menu, then specify My Best Buy Rewards. That option doesn't present itself if you just choose from their list.

But yeah, the changes took effect in like two minutes and now I've got it all linked up to my web account.

LaneDS

I need to look into the details myself, but I've since ordered two PS4 games since joining this last week and both have shown up as express delivery that'll arrive free on the release date. I did notice one caveat of the order needs to be over $35, which isn't a problem with most games at least.

Admittedly, that could be some limited promotion or a fluke, but I was pleased/surprised by that because I also expected to have to go to Best Buy for pick up instead of just buying through Amazon (and still might, but time will tell).

Orayn

I was looking into trade-ins and I've got bit of a math+policy question here.

Say I get CoD Advanced Warfare with GCU. Game costs 59.99, which goes down to 47.99. My state's sales tax is 7.1%, so buying it would cost me $51.40.

Buying it earns me 96 reward points, which is $1.92.

CoD AW currently trades in for $40. GCU gives you 10% bonus store credit on trade-ins and 2 reward points for every dollar.

If I trade it in, I get $44 in credit ($40 + 10% bonus) and 80 reward points. ($1.60)

$51.40 - $44 store credit - $3.52 in reward points = Effectively $3.88 to "rent" Advanced Warfare as long as it still trades in for $40.

Am I missing something? Because that seems like a really good deal that could actually give you a net "profit" in gift cards if you did it with a game that gives you $10 for pre-ordering.

I was looking into trade-ins and I've got bit of a math+policy question here.

Say I get CoD Advanced Warfare with GCU. Game costs 59.99, which goes down to 47.99. My state's sales tax is 7.1%, so buying it would cost me $51.40.

Buying it earns me 96 reward points, which is $1.92.

CoD AW currently trades in for $40. GCU gives you 10% bonus store credit on trade-ins and 2 reward points for every dollar.

If I trade it in, I get $44 in credit ($40 + 10% bonus) and 80 reward points. ($1.60)

$51.40 - $44 store credit - $3.52 in reward points = Effectively $3.88 to "rent" Advanced Warfare as long as it still trades in for $40.

Am I missing something? Because that seems like a really good deal that could actually give you a net "profit" in gift cards if you did it with a game that gives you $10 for pre-ordering.

Yep that's what a lot of people have been doing

Gamers Club Unlocked Appreciation Thread (saving $$$ for the console/handheld gamer)

On my way into work at the moment so I can't skim the thread, but can the game $39.99 or up be something I preorder from them, or does it have to be out now? Only games I have my eyes on at that price point are Pokemon OR and Captain Toad.

On my way into work at the moment so I can't skim the thread, but can the game $39.99 or up be something I preorder from them, or does it have to be out now? Only games I have my eyes on at that price point are Pokemon OR and Captain Toad.

I'm fairly certain you have to buy a game worth that much and not pre-order it

It'd be tied to the number, so it's worth a shot, but since I believe Halo is rated M, the cashier might check his ID and put two and two together.

Joined the GCU master race myself last night. Picked up Professor Layton x Ace Attorney and Professor Layton and the Azrah(?) Legacy. Total after the $30 GCU, half off PLxAA, and 20% off everything came out to around $76. I think I might like this deal.

Chairhome

real quick. my friend wants to buy halo. if i give him my phone number (with GCC) will he get the discount too? without me in presence

It has been working for me and my brother (who lives on the opposite coast). If you want to play it safe, order it online for in-store pick up and mark him as the person picking it up. Then have him pay you.

majik13

dammit, Ive had GTAV PS4 in my cart for a few days now. Express shipping was free a couple days ago(pretty sure, every other game has been) but now it is $19 bucks!

I thought it would at least be free up until launch(or at least while it is still listed as "pre order"). Anyone know how this pre order free express shipping works?

dammit, Ive had GTAV PS4 in my cart for a few days now. Express shipping was free a couple days ago(pretty sure, every other game has been) but now it is $19 bucks!

I thought it would at least be free up until launch. Anyone know how this pre order free express shipping works?

It's worked pretty well for me. I've gotten most games on their release date, and two before. There have been a two or three that I've gotten after, but it's usually not to long after. It works best if you order the game a few days before release.

I know I missed the phone deal, but is the $39.99 + $30 thing still going?

Should be going on until tomorrow.

majik13

It's worked pretty well for me. I've gotten most games on their release date, and two before. There have been a two or three that I've gotten after, but it's usually not to long after. It works best if you order the game a few days before release.

but has express shipping been free for all those? when do they remove free and start charging for it? thought I would be good while I can still pre order it, but I guess it is not the case for GTAV, or at least in my area in Nor Cal

edit: weird first it was saying Standard was Free, Expedited was 11.99 and Express was 18.99,

once I clicked on the shipping option, Standard disappeared, Expedited becaome Free, Express stayed the same. I clicked continue just to see if anythign else would change, and now it's saying Expedited will arrive on release day and Express will arrive Monday, the day before launch. I hope this info is true. I thought expedited would be like 2 days after launch, and not sure they would advertise pre release delivery as well with Express.

phalestine

aka iby.h
I know I missed the phone deal, but is the $39.99 + $30 thing still going?

Should be going on until tomorrow.

Confirmed for next week as well (11/16 - 11/22)

jcm

but has express shipping been free for all those? when do they remove free and start charging for it? thought I would be good while I can still pre order it, but I guess it is not the case for GTAV, or at least in my area in Nor Cal

edit: weird first it was saying Standard was Free, Expedited was 11.99 and Express was 18.99,

once I clicked on the shipping option, Standard disappeared, Expedited becaome Free, Express stayed the same. I clicked continue just to see if anythign else would change, and now it's saying Expedited will arrive on release day and Express will arrive Monday, the day before launch. I hope this info is true. I thought expedited would be like 2 days after launch, and not sure they would advertise pre release delivery as well with Express.

I ordered using the default free shipping (didn't notice what it said), and I got shipping notifications for both Dragon Age and GTA today. Tracking's not available yet, so I don't have an estimated delivery date, but I'll be surprised if they don't show up Tuesday or maybe Wednesday.

On the other hand, my Walking Dead S2 preorder shipped on October 22 and was delivered on October 25. I think the release date was the 21st.

majik13

I ordered using the default free shipping (didn't notice what it said), and I got shipping notifications for both Dragon Age and GTA today. Tracking's not available yet, so I don't have an estimated delivery date, but I'll be surprised if they don't show up Tuesday or maybe Wednesday.

On the other hand, my Walking Dead S2 preorder shipped on October 22 and was delivered on October 25. I think the release date was the 21st.

Ok, another weird thing has happened. I reviewed my order right before check out, same as before it said with Expedited, that I would get it by Tues, 11/18. I then clicked place order. On the very next page, the order reciept page, it nows says it will arrive Wednensday 11/19. WTF? if I knew that I would have done in store pick up. Even If I go to make a new order, it still says it will arrive Tues.

The order confirmation email, and if i go to my order details page on my account, neither list a delivery date though. So annoying. I emailed support, but now I am a tad worried. not a huge deal, just very annoying.

Also my order confirmation email has the wrong price. doesnt have my gift card applied.

The trick is to say "operator" at the main menu, then specify My Best Buy Rewards. That option doesn't present itself if you just choose from their list.

But yeah, the changes took effect in like two minutes and now I've got it all linked up to my web account.
Thanks man I just saw your reply!

Heysoos

I'll tell you guys what, all these promotions for GCU were great for employees. Anyone that got one for the store received points totaling $5-10, depending on the day, in Reward Zone coupons that we could personally use. <3 you all.

jcm

Ok, another weird thing has happened. I reviewed my order right before check out, same as before it said with Expedited, that I would get it by Tues, 11/18. I then clicked place order. On the very next page, the order reciept page, it nows says it will arrive Wednensday 11/19. WTF? if I knew that I would have done in store pick up. Even If I go to make a new order, it still says it will arrive Tues.

The order confirmation email, and if i go to my order details page on my account, neither list a delivery date though. So annoying. I emailed support, but now I am a tad worried. not a huge deal, just very annoying.

Also my order confirmation email has the wrong price. doesnt have my gift card applied.

Honestly, I think Best Buy kind of sucks. If Amazon still had good video game deals I'd still be shopping there, because they're much better at the actual retailing part. But Best Buy has them beat on the pricing by a bunch, so here I am.

I bought Mordor for $32 in order to purchase GCU (before the phone deal), finished it, and just traded it in for $38.50. For deals like that I'm willing to put up with some bullshit.

majik13

Honestly, I think Best Buy kind of sucks. If Amazon still had good video game deals I'd still be shopping there, because they're much better at the actual retailing part. But Best Buy has them beat on the pricing by a bunch, so here I am.

I bought Mordor for $32 in order to purchase GCU (before the phone deal), finished it, and just traded it in for $38.50. For deals like that I'm willing to put up with some bullshit.

well they got back to me, they said it shows in their system that it should be here Tues. And if not, to notify them. Order is being prepared now, so hopefully it is true. Cant complain for the price(traded in GTAV PS3 for 22.40 last week, and then 12 bucks off on top) and free launch day delivery, except for the inconsitent order details.

Guys, when you preorder a game IN STORE, does it say $52 or the actual full price of $65?

It should say the full price as GCU is only applied when you pick up the pre-order and pay for the rest of it. Thus it's recommended to never pay a pre-order in full [just pay the $5] until pickup lest you would need to be refunded or some such nonsense

Flandy

It should say the full price as GCU is only applied when you pick up the pre-order and pay for the rest of it. Thus it's recommended to never pay a pre-order in full [just pay the $5] until pickup lest you would need to be refunded or some such nonsense

Any idea if stores have different inventory than bestbuy.com? Tried preordering GTA 5 all day today and it just tells me that they're out of stock because it's really popular.

Any idea if stores have different inventory than bestbuy.com? Tried preordering GTA 5 all day today and it just tells me that they're out of stock because it's really popular.

Hmm are you suggesting that Bestbuy.com is running out of pre-order allocations for GTAV PS4? Because that sounds kind of unlikely to me. If so though, you could try pre-ordering and pick up in store???

Bestbuy.com and individual best buy stores would in fact have different stock allocations so you should be able to get one in store regardless unless rockstar/take two undership it I guess

Flandy

Hmm are you suggesting that Bestbuy.com is running out of pre-order allocations for GTAV PS4? Because that sounds kind of unlikely to me. If so though, you could try pre-ordering and pick up in store???

Bestbuy.com and individual best buy stores would in fact have different stock allocations so you should be able to get one in store regardless unless rockstar/take two undership it I guess

Haven't actually tried getting it delivered to me. I've just been doing In store pick up. I get the following message and have been all day.

Due to high demand, this item is sold out and has been removed from your order:

Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 4

Haven't actually tried getting it delivered to me. I've just been doing In store pick up. I get the following message and have been all day.

Ah that makes more sense then. Not sure what to do in that case. Getting it online would be a good option but it may came Wednesday or Thursday.

So all the best buys around you have it sold out for pre-orders?

15 days later is when.

shit, so post black friday? oh, well. I bought an xbox and with my black friday stuff (plus the 10 bucks from GTA and MCC) I'll have like 30 to 40 bucks in rewards. COD or Dragon Age in December it is since those games aren't getting Black Friday deals

Go into the store and preorder. I doubt they'll sell out.

Prologue

I actually payed full price ._.

i went to the store to preorder it because of the online errors.

Flandy

Ah that makes more sense then. Not sure what to do in that case. Getting it online would be a good option but it may came Wednesday or Thursday.

So all the best buys around you have it sold out for pre-orders?

Tried setting the pick ups for the 2 stores near me and neither of them worked
shit, so post black friday? oh, well. I bought an xbox and with my black friday stuff (plus the 10 bucks from GTA and MCC) I'll have like 30 to 40 bucks in rewards. COD or Dragon Age in December it is since those games aren't getting Black Friday deals

Go into the store and preorder. I doubt they'll sell out.

Yeah I'll do that after work tomorrow. I assume i still get the $10 certificate if i preorder in store? Will they charge me when I preorder or when I pick it up?

Tried setting the pick ups for the 2 stores near me and neither of them worked

Yeah I'll do that after work tomorrow. I assume i still get the $10 certificate if i preorder in store? Will they charge me when I preorder or when I pick it up?

$5 minimum on in store preorder.

imjust1n

Banned
That is what I did got that net 10 dude from phones knew what to do I guess lots of people are doing that. Now I get my GameStop pre orders Nov 18 games for lots of savings god bless the gcu basedgod. I might even renew it if they keep the deal to save 20‰ on all new games since that's all I buy.

Yeah, I was having the same sold out message and just decided to get them shipped to me. They give you free expedited shipping and I should get my order on Wednesday.

Top Bottom