• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best DLC of all time??

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Blood and wine had too much of a limp ending and the estate quest so very disappointing so it could never beat hearts of stone, much less the true wrpgs greats like ToB and MotB.

EvB

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Undead Nightmare.
header.jpg

RedDeadUndeadNightmare_FeaturedImage

Both of those were standalone games, so by definition are not DLC.

Certainly blood and wine for me, if we're talking SP DLC. It's no exaggeration to say it's better than most games and I don't imagine we'll see it's equal until cyberpunk DLC.

Farks!

All four pieces of DLC for New Vegas. I love how they togheter create what essentially is a secondary main quest.

Patchy

Banned
Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker

etrain911

Shivering Isles. It was the coolest setting I had ever seen in a Bethesda game, I loved the realm of Sheogorath, the aesthetic, the overarching quest line. Oblivion without Shivering Isles just isn't Oblivion to me.

Artorias of the Abyss, for me. Elevated Dark Souls as one of my favourite games of all time. Followed very closely by The Old Hunters.

Time for this thread again, huh? Okay...

It's a toss-up for me. BC2 Vietnam I almost preferred over the base game, and something like WipEout HD's 'Fury' expansion really build on top of, and expanded, the base game.

Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina DLC

Say what you will about BL2, this DLC was universally considered great. Really fun and creative way to freshen things up.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Awesome areas, fun boss fights. Nothing to add that hasn't already been said.

Fallout 3: Point Lookout

The mushroom trip was worth the price of admission alone.

Spman2099

I honestly believe that SNK at least deserves a nod for giving everyone Rock, Vanessa, and Yamazaki at the same time in their King of Fighter XIV DLC. As crazy as that may seem, it is quite possibly the first time that a fighting game developer just gave people the characters they were asking for. Sure, you can't make everyone happy, but those were, unquestionably, some of the most requested characters.

Most of the time you get this weird artificial shortage thing. Like, Capcom will hold a certain character back forever, only to release them, which is great, but at the same time there will be so many others that they are withholding... Is this partially just a logistical problem? Absolutely. However, I am positive it is also something done strategically (the fighting game character equivalent of the Disney vault).

I wonder if they aren't banking on Season 3 bringing in huge hype as they drop bomb after bomb of hugely requested characters...

stn

Oblivion - Shivering Isles
Mass Effect 2 - Lair of the Shadow Broker
Mass Effect 3 - The Citadel
The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine
Ninja Gaiden - Hurricane Pack 1 and 2

Falchion

I'll vote for Blood and Wine because it was a stupid amount of content for the money and it was crazy high quality as well.

I would have to say Blood and Wine/Hearts of Stone, but there are a lot of good choices in this thread, DLC has come a long way that's for sure.

Zaventem

I still think about underad nightmare from time to time. I don't think we'll ever see rockstar give us something like that again.

Rock Band DLC
The Last of Us - Left Behind
Bioshock 2 - Minerva's Den
Mass Effect 2- Lair of the Shadow Broker
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare
Mario Kart 8 DLC
Super Smash Bros. 4 DLC
Asura's Wrath DLC
Infamous Festival of Blood
Midnight Club LA DLC
Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack 1

Melchiah

DLC I'm not sure, but Season Pass : Forza Horizon 3 hands down (grabbed the title from MK8)

The same goes for Driveclub. When it comes to free additional content, like racing tracks, I can't think of other game that would have offered as much as it did.

Hearts of Stone and it's not even close. It was a whole other level above all the other storylines in the Witcher 3 which were already great.

Bad Company 2: Vietnam was also great. I think that may have been the first DLC I ever bought.

SmartBase

Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine
Bad Company 2 Vietnam

Can't remember the last time I got so much (quality) bang for my buck.

I think the phrase applies for "The whole of W3 " and "games" instead of DLC. I'm never buying the "Big games are hard to make! therefore excuse our unpolish/bad writing/bland world/bad gameplay" excuse ever again.

Yep.

The Witcher 3 expansions for me. Loved them so much.

Mario Kart 8 DLC gets a mention as well.

I bought Bloodborne GOTY recently and I'm still on my first playthrough. Will jump into the DLC eventually. Right now I'm stuck on Ebrietas. I don't like her.

todesengel1432

Neo Member
The Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone
Dark Souls 2 - Crown of the Sunken King
Dishonored - Knife of Dunwall/Brigamore Witches

What other DLC hangs with the best of the best?

Don't forget The Witcher 3 has also the Blood and Wine DLC. In my case I estimate that it added almost 100 hours to the base game. It has a massive and great story. I can say TW3 expansions are one of the few DLC's I could buy again if I had the ability.

The Witcher 3 expansions for me. Loved them so much.

Mario Kart 8 DLC gets a mention as well.

I bought Bloodborne GOTY recently and I'm still on my first playthrough. Will jump into the DLC eventually. Right now I'm stuck on Ebrietas. I don't like her.

Ebrietas is one of my fave bosses, but she's optional, so you can always skip her.

Lakitu

st5fu
Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues
Fallout 3 - Point Lookout
Fallout 4 - Far Harbour
Mass Effect 3 - Citadel
The Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone / Blood and Wine
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Dawnguard / Dragonborn
Bloodborne - The Old Hunters
Dark Souls III - Ashes of Ariandel / The Ringed City