• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Fried Chicken in your area...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn

Argyle said:
Dinah's is ok - little different style than what I'm used to but it's good in its own way.

In the Los Angeles area....I have a weakness for Shakey's, and the wings at Pann's (but the rest of the pieces tend towards dry - the wings are the way to go)...

Aunt Kizzie's is a frequent destination for me...on the westside there's also Smitty's Fish and Chicken on Venice, but to be honest I always get the fried fish there. I bet the chicken is good too tho...wish I lived/worked closer to Roscoe's :p

Also have a soft spot for Pioneer Chicken, for sentimental reasons, really. :)

I heard Pioneer used to be really good back in the day. I never really liked it that much lately.

What's the name of that place that calls itself "The Cadillac of Fried Chicken?" I always saw ads for it when I lived South of the 10, but I never went there.

negitoro7

Shapingo said:
I used to say http://www.popeyes.com/ but this is the new current king
http://www.churchs.com/

Fried Ocra and spicy Chicken + purple pepper sauce = Dayum
Too bad there's no Popeye's in Vancouver, Canada. I also really wanted to try Roscoe's during the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air days (there were a few Roscoe's references that made me curious). :lol

BTW, has Church's Chicken jumped on the "No Trans-Fat" bandwagon yet? I seem to recall that KFC just started ensuring no transfats only a few months ago.

Shapingo

negitoro7 said:
Too bad there's no Popeye's in Vancouver, Canada. I also really wanted to try Roscoe's during the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air days (there were a few Roscoe's references that made me curious). :lol

BTW, has Church's Chicken jumped on the "No Trans-Fat" bandwagon yet? I seem to recall that KFC just started ensuring no transfats only a few months ago.

I don't think they have jumped on that bandwagon......They (Church's) recently bought New Orleans fried chicken and that was greasy as hell and loaded with animal fat

genjiZERO

There's a Chinese take-out place called The Eatery. Everything there is fried in peanut oil and marinated in MSG. You get the two piece chicken with fried rice (huge portions and it's cheap) and eat it with hot sauce. Bar none the best fried chicken I've ever had

negitoro7 said:

We've got Popeye's down in the Seattle area, so if you ever take a drive South, you can try them out.

Although, if you're coming to Seattle, you best eat Ezell's chicken instead.

Johnas

jjasper said:
A little place called Gus's Fried Chicken it is really good.

Did you know Collierville's getting a Gus's? Right down the street from my work.

I've never eaten at one before, but I'm looking forward to trying it, been hearing about it for years.

hm... well when i lived in the suburb south of vancouver [richmond] the best BEST by far was a place called l.a chicken. it was easily the best fried chicken. i can't stand kfc or churches chicken. now that i live in vancouver though i haven't really found a good chicken place.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
There's a small bar on the outskirts of Sapporo that has the best karaage fried chicken in Japan! It's coated in like a mayonaise and chilli sauce, and man its sooo good.

jjasper

Johnas said:
Did you know Collierville's getting a Gus's? Right down the street from my work.

I've never eaten at one before, but I'm looking forward to trying it, been hearing about it for years.

I did not know that, of course I didn't know there was one downtown until this summer

negitoro7

distantmantra said:
We've got Popeye's down in the Seattle area, so if you ever take a drive South, you can try them out.

Although, if you're coming to Seattle, you best eat Ezell's chicken instead.
I'll be sure to check out both next time I'm in Seattle. :)

tnw

Banned
I'm vegetarian, but in Japan I'm kind of lax. And sadly I kind of like the Spicy fried chicked they sell at lawson's.

but karaage from pretty much anywhere is kinda tasty. I went to a festival in azabu juban during obon (august) awhile back, and they had vegetarian karaage. It was great! Had all the spices and stuff that you're normally used to (that's what I really like about stuff like that is the spices....yeah)

firex

well, I live in the home of fried chicken, and KFC is by far the worst. As far as fast food fried chicken goes, Lee's or Popeye's are my preferences. Popeye's is definitely the better of those two, but there aren't many of them here.

But homemade fried chicken is the best. I don't indulge in it very often, but it's always good.

golem

M&Ms in pasadena has some good chicken... never really got into Roscoes but I cant deny KFC. Shakeys is good too.

Vormund

ItsInMyVeins said:
The only fried chicken we have here in Sweden is the kind you get at McDonalds sadly :(

Well, there probably are at least some other restaurants that serve fried chicken, but I haven't seen 'em. So, it's pretty unusual. I've only eaten at KFC once, when I was in London.

Come on people, cry for me. I cant get a hold of fried chicken.

You don't have KFC there?! o_O

Funnily enough, that's what I'm eating right now.

985boi

Dead said:
raising-canes-box-lg.jpg

Raising Cane's. So damn good.

This make good late night snacks especially after going out.

My vote for best fried chicken goes to Popeyes.

Jonm1010

Banned
Dead said:
raising-canes-box-lg.jpg

Raising Cane's. So damn good.

Came in here to post this as i am eating it right now. Curious though where are you from? Canes used to be louisiana only wondering if its expanding, i dont follow there corporate expansion but it is a place that needs to be tried by as many people as possible.

Dead

well not really...yet
Jonm1010 said:
Came in here to post this as i am eating it right now. Curious though where are you from? Canes used to be louisiana only wondering if its expanding, i dont follow there corporate expansion but it is a place that needs to be tried by as many people as possible.
Houston Texas. It just opened I think early last year and a second one opened a few months ago. They have a lot of presentations about the origin of the place and how it's constantly expanding inside too. Not to mention pictures of that dog everywhere.

First time I had I loved it. That sauce is so damn good, thir toast is awesome and the strips are great since they aren't 90% batter 10% chicken unlike KFC et al.

985boi

Dead said:
First time I had I loved it. That sauce is so damn good, thir toast is awesome and the strips are great since they aren't 90% batter 10% chicken unlike KFC et al.

Their sweet tea is addicting.

DarkJediKnight said:
Ok, so this is a thinly veiled *what's the best Fried chicken in the Toronto area?* thread but anyways...

For lovers of fried chicken, where do you go in your city, and is there a particular chicken chain you prefer (NO KFC please!)?

*drools*

Well, when I'm back in the States, I only dine at Popeye's Fried Chicken and sip on Colt 45 Malt Liqour.

The only exception is some mean Home Made Fried Chicken or...for the New Yorkers some Cheap Kennedy Fried Chicken.

Smitty's Fish and Chicken on Venice in LA is not that good, the chicken at least. But there is a picture of Coolio on the wall.

And damn, that chicken fried bacon looks TASTY.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Flynn said:
Check out Dinah's in Glendale.

Trivia: Their bucket was used in Little Miss Sunshine
I pass that place almost daily and sometimes it really smells good. I'll have to check it out sometime. And yeah I noticed the bucket in Little Miss Sunshine!

Dallas - Williams Chicken

I like KFC extra crisy.. and Churches is good too.. I havent had a popeyes in a long time but I may grab some later this week because you all are mentioning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom