• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Fried Chicken in your area...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Around Portland, there's this little place called Fryer Tuck's that's really good. You get this freaky fried chicken high after you eat there that makes me wonder if they're sneaking narcotics into the breading.

Still not as good as 'Scoes, especially when paired with the waffles there. Now that there isn't an E3 anymore I have no way to get my annual Roscoe's fix :(

weepy said:
My chest hurt after watching that...just more proof that you could pretty much deep fry anything.
You know what your problem is? You can't appreciate real food; this is bacon we're talking about, not ice cream or Twinkies. The whole country's goin' down the tubes!

Sumidor

Dsal said:
Around Portland, there's this little place called Fryer Tuck's that's really good. You get this freaky fried chicken high after you eat there that makes me wonder if they're sneaking narcotics into the breading.

Thank you.. I know where i'll be going for lunch tomorrow. This thread has me craving fried chicken like crazy.

Mr. Spinnington said:
You know what your problem is? You can't appreciate real food; this is bacon we're talking about, not ice cream or Twinkies. The whole country's goin' down the tubes!

Thankfully the tubes are so clotted with cholesterol, not even Rhode Island could squeeze through. The country ain't going nowhere.

Armando Penblade said:
Best fried chicken in Boston?

Gonna have to go with Longhorn Steakhouse in Landmark Center. . .

Mreh. This city hates fried food; it's impossible to find good fried chicken. Because Longhorn's not that good. I pine for the good stuff back home (TN and LA)

Yeah, even KFC is hard to come by in Boston, i'll have to make the trip to the Landmark center tomorrow..

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
There's a place that used to be near me that we called "Chicken Holocaust" because on Superbowl Sunday, on a digital marquee outside, they would announce how many chickens they killed for the night.
GO 10,000!!!

i live on cape cod. home to the WORST KFC i've ever eaten at in Hyannis.

occasionally we drive off cape 45 minutes to go to popeye's and get some good fried chicken, but i don't doubt that smaller chains, or local places, elsewhere in the world beat the hell out of even that.

popeye's biscuits are so ridiculously nice that you know they probably take an hour off your lifespan whenever you eat one.

next time i'm in seattle though, i'll definately swing by ezell's. seattle has some great local junk food (Tim's Cascade Chips... easily the best i've had), so i'll definately give it a try.

i'm a brit, and i have to say, i haven't been to a KFC in america that was as good as the ones in the uk. haven't tried any down south though.

you guys don't have the zinger tower burger over here... which is such a crime. that thing was godly and was the cause of me having to wear loose fit jeans for a while.

i used to go to a place in Manchester UK that was pretty good called 'McTucky's'. Man we always laughed at the name. There was one in Canal Street right near my uni (and coincidentally right in the middle of the gay nightclub district) as well as one in longsight that i would go to at stupid times of the day (stupid because people tended to get stabbed in longsight around those times).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom