• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Gaming Title Screen

Bebop

Phantasy Star Online
psotitle.jpg

And the music plays a big part in it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJsIj6tP1E8

I got so exited as a young man When I saw the title screen for The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past the 1st time. The music and new graphics really impressed me.

Dunkley

SMT Nocturne

tumblr_myn96t2Bq31sd4mmco1_500.gif

It's the only right choice. I love how it starts out only with their eyes visible before you start seeing their silhouettes and ultimately leading to the title screen lighting up to reveal all the demons. It looks really cool.

tumblr_n0utk1SJ641sjbtwdo1_500.gif

(Best gif I could find)

jholmes

Wait, music counts?

525469caaecd3.jpg

There's tons more really awesome start screens but they're already scattered across the thread.

I'm a big fan of anything that has good music. Dust: an elysian tale, was remarkable the first time I loaded it up.

Also, I lately have come to respect fallout new vegas' title screen.

I don't feel like screenshots do a title screen justice. You need the music, the animations, everything. But most importantly you need the music.

v1perz53

First post nails it, nothing beats the Metroid Prime title screen + music combo. Xenoblade certainly is a close second for me though, just stunning especially seeing that coming out of my Wii. Before Xenoblade I never would have believed the Wii was capable of anything remotely like that.

E: Oh damn, P4G is pretty fantastic as well. Never realized how much I liked a good title screen...

Mory Dunz

Bravely Second has the most badass use of a title screen ever.

The title screen is an actual plot point during the final battle. The game tricks you into thinking you have a game over, and then the main character slices through the title screen and uses the extra letters in the game's subtitle to use the bravely second ability. So amazing.

This sounds cool

Metroid Prime

senza_titolo_2_by_soulstrike91-d65l3ll.gif

Cliché answer but Xenoblade for me

Edit: vv Lol

Max Payne 3, cool how it switched it up depending where you were in the game.

I wanted to post Xenoblade, but a bunch of people already did.

I really like the simplicity of Mario Kart 8's title screen.

603db_Car_News_01-mario-kart-8-menus-1.jpg

Spec Ops: The Line was cool because of how it changed as you played through the game.

I really like the one in Batman Arkham City
Mostly for the music.

maxresdefault.jpg

Since everyone already said Prime and Xenoblade another one is from Batman Arkham City
It's so cool watching the scene rolling out once you keep going on the menus

Great setting, great music, the possibility that the main character will die keeps you on edge through the whole story and it all ties up nicely in the credits, but I won't spoil anything. Let's just say- this scene is playable ;)

rDFp083.png

Each of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days' menu screens. Phenomenal stuff.

x58rQO0l.jpg

who could forget?

166420-star-fox-64-nintendo-64-screenshot-title-screen-us-version.jpg

4d1.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
Each of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days' menu screens. Phenomenal stuff.

x58rQO0l.jpg

This is a good one, actually.

You know, I'd like to see a new Kane & Lynch. There's plenty to improve over the first two, but the concept is sound. Especially the second one has a very unique identity.

Top Bottom