• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best IGN review ever.

Mihail

Banned
Haha, that's great. I'm all for making fun of cash-grabbers that don't know anything about video games but want to cash in on the hotness of the industry.

TheDiave

Banned
Wow, professional.

Although I do appreciate the D-Day crack at the end, even if it's quite insensitive to veterans.

3.5 Gameplay
This category implies that there actually is some. If wandering around like an idiot looking for some random objective and occasionally stopping to shoot a German is gameplay, heck yes!

Uhm... sounds like a lot of WWII shooters, care to elaborate IGN? My God, how can they actually charge for some of their crappy content? Ridiculous. Hell, the scores weren't that low compared to some other games.

mosaic

go eat paint
If Ivan Sulic isn't a pseudnym... well, I don't know... I just don't know. I may have to punch myself in the balls.

Zeo

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
wow, between ign beong retarded and sonyspot, what can a gamer do to find good reviews?

Holy God THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SONYSPOT.

And this is IGN being FUNNY.

Lighten up.

Boogie

TheDiave said:
Although I do appreciate the D-Day crack at the end, even if it's quite insensitive to veterans.

Nevermind the idea that millions of videogame players deriving pleasure from the most destructive, tragic war in human history might be insensitive to veterans ;P

at least its more accurate than the GTASA or Jade Empire reviews.

frothing fanboys eating the hype one minute and oh-so-witty internet jocks the next!

Oh IGN, you card! What WILL you do next?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The most depressing aspect of this review to me is that it still pulled a 3.5. I think the absolutely bottom of the barral games getting "reviews" like this are pretty damn funny, but 3.5 is... not that low. This review basically proves that to ign 3.5 is the new 0.

Bebpo

Banned
nah, the ZoE review is still my favorite:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/164/164247p1.html

Ruthless objectivity was called for, and so I enlisted the aid of my faithful associate, compatriot, colleague, and brute fixer, Gogg.

Obviously, none could question the objectivity of Gogg. Or they could, but he would rip their heads off with his fully poseable claws directly thereafter, so it would be wiser if they did not bother. And so we shall go through Z.O.E's various qualities point by point, with comments by myself and objective judgments from Gogg. Gogg will deliver his opinions in a thoroughly objective fashion: two slayers up representing approval, two slayers down representing displeasure, and one apiece representing ambivalence.

Use of the Gogg rules and the similarly written Gungrave import review is a strong runner up:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/367/367191p1.html

Keio

For a Finer World
I think it's fine to sometimes skip blabbling about an irrelevant game for three pages, unless.

My personal favourites from IGN are all the grammatical slips they do. (And if this message has a few of those: no, I'm NOT a native English speaker, and I don't try to write English professionally)

sangreal

I don't know what is worse, the people seriously upset that IGN posted this review, or the people upset over someone saying Sonyspot.

ManaByte

Keio said:
My personal favourites from IGN are all the grammatical slips they do.

The best ones ever:
Mikami spelled about six different ways in an Onimusha story.

Take-Two spelled "Take-Take" in the strapline for some story.

Zeo

Banned
sangreal said:
I don't know what is worse, the people seriously upset that IGN posted this review, or the people upset over someone saying Sonyspot.

SonySpot as a joke = fine.

Actually thinking it is true = stupid.

Polari

Not remotely clever or witty. What an abysmal review, perhaps IGN should consider hiring some, y'know, writers?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Haha, it now says
"Review forthcoming"

demi

I remember it said

"About as bad if not worse than getting kicked (beat up?) by a fat person in an SS uniform."

Or something like that.

Top Bottom