• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best logos of Gaming

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I’ve always liked the old Travelers Tales logo;
obSWLCcr8KKM_8U-tfnbksJQFAkN6-vx-VlXPuMZsnU.jpg
Wow. Thats got to be the most detailed gaming logo out there???!!!

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Both Kojipro logos.

For that matter, the Konami logo is pretty easy on the eyes.

Final Fantasy usually has thar classy font with Amano art representative of major characters or themes, that shit is cool.

The N64 was always super cool to me growing up.

Resident Evil 6 with the blow job giraffe is also the epitome of class and intellect, an abstract piece worthy of pondering and appreciating before one even presses Start.

k_trout

I read that as Logos - Greek term- and thought this will be entertaining

quake logo is hard to beat

Elysion

Banned
Sony was quite lucky with the Playstation logo. It is recognizable, yet simple enough that they never really had to change it (well, except removing the colors). Compare it to the logos of other systems, which changed drastically between generations.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Sony was quite lucky with the Playstation logo. It is recognizable, yet simple enough that they never really had to change it (well, except removing the colors). Compare it to the logos of other systems, which changed drastically between generations.

Yes and no. My mom knows what a "Nintendo" is but she has no idea about PlayStation.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Yes and no. My mom knows what a "Nintendo" is but she has no idea about PlayStation.

That has nothing to do with the logo. It's 2022. PlayStation has been at the top of the food chain for over two decades. You need to educate your mother. Consider it her Mother's Day gift.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
That has nothing to do with the logo. It's 2022. PlayStation has been at the top of the food chain for over two decades. You need to educate your mother. Consider it her Mother's Day gift.

Well it has everything to do with the logo. She recognize the logo and the brand of Nintendo despite the fact that they changed the name of the console with every generation. So this statement is not completely true:

PlayStation at the top of the food chain for 2 decades? I don't know about that, man. :messenger_grinning_sweat: What are the criteria?

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Attack the argument, not the user. Lay off the personal insults.
Well it has everything to do with the logo. She recognize the logo and the brand of Nintendo despite the fact that they changed the name of the console with every generation. So this statement is not completely true:

PlayStation at the top of the food chain for 2 decades? I don't know about that, man. :messenger_grinning_sweat: What are the criteria?

No offense, but are you retarded or something? PlayStation has been on top since the PlayStation 1. The criteria is console sales and game sales. The only criteria that matter when it comes to consoles.

And yeah, if your mom doesn't know who PlayStation is then she's still stuck in the 80's when Nintendo was king of the hill.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
No offense, but are you retarded or something? PlayStation has been on top since the PlayStation 1. The criteria is console sales and game sales. The only criteria that matter when it comes to consoles.

And yeah, if your mom doesn't know who PlayStation is then she's still stuck in the 80's when Nintendo was king of the hill.

Learn some respect, boy.

Last 2+ decades from Wiki:

FirmUnits sold
Nintendo559.52
Sony466.6
Microsoft171
Nokia3

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

What does sales have to do with a logo thread?

People recognize different things pending their experience and age. My parents wouldnt know or care about popular stuff like PS, Switch, League of Legends or Fortnite either.

But if someone brought up Nintendo or Sega they would know.

My nephews and nieces who play Fortnite, Grand Fate Order (whatever it's called) and Paladins wouldn't know or care what Uncharted, Forza or Counterstrike are either. They play cellphone games and Switch. They have no clue about PC games and they don't play those at home. They'd have no clue what the fat guy Valve logo is even though PC gaming is popular.

Last edited:
Top Bottom