• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best logos of Gaming

Holammer

Old Konami logo used to indicate good times & quality.

lead-4.png

Imagine logo was basically a seal of quality on the C64.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The first PC game I bought and played on my first hand built PC. God what a game.
d96e882e-ab52-42ba-b1ff-7c5b642542b9.jpg

Getting clipped just saved your ass marine!
The OST is something else. Glad they went with Sonic Mayhem instead of Trent, their music fit the new setting much better.

Amen.

During that Genesis/SNES era, I'd say Konami was the studio that consistently made the best games. I don't think I played a bad game. Castlevanias, Contras, TMNT, Cybernator, Axelay. All good.
While I still prefer Capcom, you're absolutely right, during the 16-bit era Konami was firing on all cylinders. And, I know it gets a lot of hate from purists, but even the SNES version of Rondo of Blood is awesome.

I would say the ONE game of theirs that has never quite really grabbed me is Tournament Fighters (the Ninja Turtles fighting game). I still own it to this day, and as recently as 3 days ago, I popped it back in to my SNES, and thought to myself, "nope, even after 15+ years, I still can't get into this game" 😂

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
While I still prefer Capcom, you're absolutely right, during the 16-bit era Konami was firing on all cylinders. And, I know it gets a lot of hate from purists, but even the SNES version of Rondo of Blood is awesome.

I would say the ONE game of theirs that has never quite really grabbed me is Tournament Fighters (the Ninja Turtles fighting game). I still own it to this day, and as recently as 3 days ago, I popped it back in to my SNES, and thought to myself, "nope, even after 15+ years, I still can't get into this game" 😂
I would had said Capcom too, but there's one stinker I got burned on for $90 which I thought was shit. Strider (Genesis). Every mag gave this game 9s and 10s. I thought it was total junk. 8 meg of crap.

But SFII SNES is amazing. That Capcom game and Konami's Contra 3 and Axelay were my fav 16 bit games from them.

(As an unrelated side note, as crazy as it seems one of my fav 16 bit era games was Aerobiz!)

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Learn some respect, boy.

Last 2+ decades from Wiki:

FirmUnits sold
Nintendo559.52
Sony466.6
Microsoft171
Nokia3

I'm not going to respect someone who posts sales numbers confirming the PlayStation branded consoles has the most sold single console of all time (PlayStation 2) - and they have four total consoles in the top 10 console sales of all time, and yet the person posting this still thinks that Sony (PlayStation) isn't at the top of the food chain. Again, if your mother doesn't know who PlayStation is that's not a logo's fault. Educate yourself, kid.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I'm not going to respect someone who posts sales numbers confirming the PlayStation branded consoles has the most sold single console of all time (PlayStation 2) - and they have four total consoles in the top 10 console sales of all time, and yet the person posting this still thinks that Sony (PlayStation) isn't at the top of the food chain. Again, if your mother doesn't know who PlayStation is that's not a logo's fault. Educate yourself, kid.

Numbers are hard but maybe one day you'll understand. Bye.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Numbers are hard but maybe one day you'll understand. Bye.

This isn't a Sony vs Nintendo fight, and that's what you don't seem to understand. Saying "top of the food chain" doesn't mean that you're literally the number one and can't be beaten. Sharks are at the top of the food chain. One type of shark can lose a fight to another type of shark, but they're both at the top of the food chain. You're just upset because I didn't defend your favorite plastic toy.

mortal

A lot of my favorites have already been posted. Personally, I've always preferred MGS1's title design over the more minimal, but also solid, title design of MGS2 onward.

1599px-Metal_Gear_Solid_logo.png

xrbt9v80jzi81.png

The MGS4 title design is a nice amalgamation of both design imo
MGS4_white.jpg

Love much of the graphic design work coming out of Kojima Productions in general.

160-1607350_kojima-productions-logo-under-konami-kojima-production.png
kojima-productions-ludens.gif

Bonus favorite:
ZOE2-logo.gif

Last edited:

Mr Branding

I’m a logo/brand designer for more than 10 years, and I’m always fascinated by logos like Moon Studios, Mafia 2, Nightdive, BitKid, Resistance 3, Evolve, etc

Treasure, baby! One of the most underrated game devs and one of my favorites of all time alongside Alphadream and Rare.

Those logos represent everything they stand fore. Badass, Hard games with really impressive graphics that pushed console limitations and are guaranteed to bring a good time.

Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, Alien Soldier, Mischief Makers, Sin & Punishment, Sillhouette Mirage, Bangai-O, Rakugaki Showtime, Guardian Heroes, Astroboy: Omega Factor, Yu Yu Hakusho: Sunset Fighters, Wario World, Bleach DS...
HELL! You could give them motherfuckin' Ronald McDonald and they could make a great game out of it.

Sorry for gushing, but I really miss them... Also:

Capcom's SNES jingle is superb, one of my favorites.

Obligatory SEGA logo too, though I loved how every game had their own unique animation for the SEGA logo, there's literally an hour long compilation of it:

Here's a much more modern one, the DS startup gives me so much comfort.

And the PS2 startup creeped out many but it personally gave me nostalgia for all the evenings I spent playing Sly Cooper:

Last edited:
Top Bottom