• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Non-Woke Gaming Podcasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimiNutz

Banned
There was a NeoGAF podcast called "GAFcast" many, many years ago.

How long ago, you ask? Here's a hint: George W. Bush was president of the US at that time.

I thought I remember this being a thing.
I'm pretty sure I was a member back when this happened but my memory of it is extremely hazy.

GamerEDM

Banned
Hmm, fair question.

I wouldn't describe it as anti-woke, I mean I listened to it for a good few months without realising that Chris mainly got famous as an anti-SJW and I was pretty surprised when I found out.

You'll hear Colin go after the media occasionally, calling them a hive mind and saying that they couldn't wait to kick him out as the only conservative but it's usually just in passing and when it's relevant. He doesn't sit there and go on 20 minute rants about the problem with games media for no reason.

With actual games, I can't remember them ever critiquing a game for being too woke. Actually the opposite, I recall someone writing in and asking if Naughty Dog had an SJW agenda and both Colin and Chris dismissed it saying that just because a character is a lesbian, it doesn't automaticlaly make it an SJW storyline. Colin also once said as well that you shouldn't criticise a developer for including progressive themes or else you're no better than those who hate on games for what they don't include - e.g minority characters etc.

As for your politics / world view point, Sacred Symbols definitely isn't an apolitical podcast. Recently they were discussing the sexual harrassment allegations and said most people are probably telling the truth, hear them out but don't go attacking anyone. With the BLM protests they supported the message but condemned the rioting / looting. Usually they take a pretty balanced view, at least in my opinion. Despite what you'll hear, Chris is pretty left leaning and while Colin is economically conservative, he's at least in the middle when it comes to social issues.

As someone who's pretty conservative, I don't always agree with what they say but it doesn't bother me because they're not preachy and don't deal in absolutes. I mean, I can't imagine them calling me a piece of shit just because I don't agree with them which isn't something I'd say about most people in the industry. Colin's also at least open to hearing other perspective - he had a black YouTuber called Mama Micah on recently because she took issue with his criticism of BLM and he wanted to discuss it. Can't imagine any of these woke outlets doing the same.

Also, the political / current events discussions are usually at the beginning of the podcast, it's not dragged into the video game discussion. What really pissed me off with my Giant Bomb and Unlocked examples is that they're letting their politics affect their viewpoint on the actual game. Acting as if a Harry Potter game, of all things, is going to struggle because of some comments that literally nobody outside of their social bubble takes any issue with.

I remember Colin was talking about being pro-abortion once and ackowledging that a good chunk of his audience disagree whereas I genuinely get the sense that these journalists are deluded enough to think that they speak for their entire audience.
im sorry to say my dude but social conservatism is dieing your not going to find many gaming podcasters with this view.

Last edited:

notseqi

Filthy Casuals (with Tommy Dassalo), made by 3 Australian comedians (some tangents to be expected)

edit: added 'with Tommy Dassalo' as there are a bunch of pods with that name. Wish they had called it Nintendo 69 as they talked about in earlier episodes.

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
I can't in good conscience recommend easy allies anymore, it's deeper than kyle leaving although I admit he always has been the main reason to watch them, everyone else are pretty boring except maybe huber and ben. They used to be relatively apolitical until kyle left and they started to chase other revenue streams outside their patreon and now they're full on woke and flamboyant with their liberal views and virtue signaling on twitter. They even showed what a bunch of ponces they are by continually praising "black lives matter" in all their shows last month and collectively sobbing about their white guilt and how they need to diversify (i.e. bring in a screeching fem whale like abby on giant bomb or a token black person) and were obviously laughed at even by their black fans. They censor their you tube comments and ghost whoever calls out their liberal BS, and of course their most ardent fans are spergs from resetera that they continually bend over for (like when they threatened to leave when brandon went on colin's show). Idiots on their patreon were even trying to cancel someone from posting on their private forum just because he liked some things on twitter that were "problematic."

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I can't in good conscience recommend easy allies anymore, it's deeper than kyle leaving although I admit he always has been the main reason to watch them, everyone else are pretty boring except maybe huber and ben. They used to be relatively apolitical until kyle left and they started to chase other revenue streams outside their patreon and now they're full on woke and flamboyant with their liberal views and virtue signaling on twitter. They even showed what a bunch of ponces they are by continually praising "black lives matter" in all their shows last month and collectively sobbing about their white guilt and how they need to diversify (i.e. bring in a screeching fem whale like abby on giant bomb or a token black person) and were obviously laughed at even by their black fans. They censor their you tube comments and ghost whoever calls out their liberal BS, and of course their most ardent fans are spergs from resetera that they continually bend over for (like when they threatened to leave when brandon went on colin's show). Idiots on their patreon were even trying to cancel someone from posting on their private forum just because he liked some things on twitter that were "problematic."

Yea, Easy Allies is essentially dead for me and many long time fans. All that is left are the sperging whales who give what little money they have to EZA. Even the subreddit has gone to shit and that used to be one of the few places where you can speak freely.

idrago01

Banned
Yea, Easy Allies is essentially dead for me and many long time fans. All that is left are the sperging whales who give what little money they have to EZA. Even the subreddit has gone to shit and that used to be one of the few places where you can speak freely.

Chat used to be entertaining but now it is also heavily moderated, can't say anything offensive or you get timed out by the fascist resetera mods. These same fans even had the nerve to complain about Brandon apologizing after he carelessly listed accused sexual harrassers liked angry joe, etc. Saying it helps the misogynists and than they proceeded to defend cancel culture and are seemingly ok with women ruining people's lives by tweeting accusations regardless of it being true or not. Than you have the allies pandering to Naughty dog giving TLOU2 a 9.5, (resetera was of course not pleased it wasn't a 10) with no mention of anything negative that they did, like how they struck down youtubers channels for just talking about the spoilers, etc.

Kyle's sense of humor helped hide their inadequacies as a group but now it's becoming clear they're just a boring group overall. Huber used to be entertaining but he's kind of a shell of himself after his brother's death and getting married, which i suppose is understandable, but him cheer leading black lives matters (totally ignorant of the group's marxist origins, anti-white hate speech, or black power rhetoric) and going to rallies etc. made me care less about him or his opinions. Ben is funny even though he too is a clueless ultra liberal, but even he was in resetera's cross hairs and wilted like a little flower when those types were sperging about him playing senran kagura, which of course he bent the knee and didn't play the game. I don't know how much money their paypigs have, but I still only see them lasting maybe 1-2 more years, you get into bed with the resetera types and they'll never be satisfied and eventually you'll drive your other loyal customers like myself away, and good luck attracting new viewers with zoom conferences and milquetoast video game reviews.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Latest example comes from this week's Beyond. Brian Altano goes on a rant about how people keep politicising games, aims it at right wingers of course with the example being who complain that female characters are political.

Then, 10 minutes later Janet goes on a rant about a Latino (Giancarlo) being cast as the villain in Far Cry 6.

Talk about a lack of self-awareness.

Chat used to be entertaining but now it is also heavily moderated, can't say anything offensive or you get timed out by the fascist resetera mods. These same fans even had the nerve to complain about Brandon apologizing after he carelessly listed accused sexual harrassers liked angry joe, etc. Saying it helps the misogynists and than they proceeded to defend cancel culture and are seemingly ok with women ruining people's lives by tweeting accusations regardless of it being true or not. Than you have the allies pandering to Naughty dog giving TLOU2 a 9.5, (resetera was of course not pleased it wasn't a 10) with no mention of anything negative that they did, like how they struck down youtubers channels for just talking about the spoilers, etc.

Kyle's sense of humor helped hide their inadequacies as a group but now it's becoming clear they're just a boring group overall. Huber used to be entertaining but he's kind of a shell of himself after his brother's death and getting married, which i suppose is understandable, but him cheer leading black lives matters (totally ignorant of the group's marxist origins, anti-white hate speech, or black power rhetoric) and going to rallies etc. made me care less about him or his opinions. Ben is funny even though he too is a clueless ultra liberal, but even he was in resetera's cross hairs and wilted like a little flower when those types were sperging about him playing senran kagura, which of course he bent the knee and didn't play the game. I don't know how much money their paypigs have, but I still only see them lasting maybe 1-2 more years, you get into bed with the resetera types and they'll never be satisfied and eventually you'll drive your other loyal customers like myself away, and good luck attracting new viewers with zoom conferences and milquetoast video game reviews.
I've noticed Huber being less himself lately, and just crossed it off as he was sad that Kyle was leaving. Those two were pretty close. I had no idea. It's sad, but I get it. There are a couple guys that I do really like, but the podcast in general is missing something. It may just be because of the zoom calls, but I can't say for sure.

idrago01

Banned
I've noticed Huber being less himself lately, and just crossed it off as he was sad that Kyle was leaving. Those two were pretty close. I had no idea. It's sad, but I get it. There are a couple guys that I do really like, but the podcast in general is missing something. It may just be because of the zoom calls, but I can't say for sure.
No it isn’t the zoom calls that makes their new podcast bad they’re just that f’cking boring without Kyle. Plus Brandon, the new host, is a complete ignorant libtard who comes off as an unlikeable wannabee corporate asskisser and clout chaser like his idols Greg Miller and Tim Getty.

For me easy allies was at its best with Kyle and Huber as its core, they had great comedic timing with each other and it was just fun. They tried to deemphasize that in recent years before Kyle left and i felt like it was a big mistake. The new betting specials especially are a fcking snoozefest, better to remember the good times with Kyle and Huber yelling at each other like pro wrestlers with their betting hats on, those were the good times with real stakes.

Last edited:

CitizenX

Banned
This could actually fall into its own discussion but i would like to know WTF happened to Giantbomb? I was there at the start from the basement, Screened, to being bought by CBS to the additional studio in NY. I guess maybe a yr or 2 after Dan Rykert joined I fell off. I recently downloaded a few just to see what was up and i see the problem, not only are they woke(praising the riots), nothing ever changes. I mean does paper mario require 30 minute discussion and WTF is that one girl on the show? I mean her first words are always, Yea didnt play it.

They basically were are the frontlines doing lets plays, video reviews, community interactions. To me why they are basically stag is they never evolved(nor did the audience) and even though they have had a lot of different people over the years, they all shared the same opinions and views(so much for a diverse point of view). The show is unbearable and they almost all sound bored. A lot of talent being wasted and i have said that when I last left the site 2015 or so.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Colon Moriarty's thing is pretty good.

He's obviously been burned by the cancel culture thing over something pretty minor, and he's a right-leanning independent, but not a pissed off virgin who thinks feminists are out to destroy gaming. That's a surprisingly narrow segment.

Last edited:

manfestival

I wish I could stumble upon another gaming news source like I did with inside gaming. It has been "woke" since I came upon it but the staff has changed so much and it is not funny anymore. I think the humor is what actually kept me watching inside gaming. I now kinda lament it since it feel like I mostly watching woke people trying to land jokes and missing half the time. Like if I wanted open mic then I would pretend to go to a comedy club since those things are closed anyways ;_; . I just find most gaming news to be annoying but I end up only ever listening to inside gaming and angry joe because I like their formatting.

Sacred Symbols is the only one i listen to anymore.
Its a shame really.

Used to listen to weekend confirmed, GFW Radio, 1up yours, sarcastic gamer, psnation, beyond, and a few others that i now forogt.

I used to listen to so many but they changed. It's strange how this cult took over and people who were normal 8-10 years ago are now cultists.
Take 1up-yours and Weekend confirmed, hosted by Garnet lee. That was a great podcast but he left gaming (as far as i know) and it even had patrick Klepak before he bacame the sjw activist.
It's so odd seeing these people acting normal and like men. Klepek swallowed the blue pussy pill and made waypoint which is owned by vice and is far left rubbish super sjw, tearing everything apart bs.

I really don't know why these dudes lost their balls.

PSNation was great for a while too but now its mostly disbanded. I listed to that since 2008 when i got my ps3. Torgo and Savory cade were complete opposties, one sports and fps fanaatic the other was jrpg/portable gaming obessed who hated sports. it was awesome. Then Savory left and they got Josh who used to get picked on for driving a prius and living in nyc. Since the owner got a health issue and had a falling out with the co-host it stopped.

Playstation beyond was great when colin and greg miller were there. It wasn't the same after they left.
PS i love u was good too but then the woke cult came in and colin got kicked out for making a joke that was hilarious. Oh know he said a day without women is peace and quite the horror..lol.... These people have no sense of humor.

Can anyone explian to me how these people went from being normal in the ps360 error and funny, to being stick in the mud raving sjws today. How did this happen. Are these corporations forcing this on them? Tim pool explained it that the corp tried to make him cater to the woke as they felt twitter represented everyone in their target Young millennials. He quit instead of being a sell out. Could all these woketards just be lying for the money? As they were all offensive and normal pre 2013/14

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I was a bit put off by Greg wearing a Biden shirt during one of the recent kinda funny podcast. He doesn't come across as being politically invested or intelligent and it just rubbed me the wrong way. Also it's not because it didn't say Trump, Biden is just a terrible person and I didn't expect them to align with that line of thinking.

Maybe what you could try to do is hear "Fuck JK Rowling" as the person's opinion and let them have that. As long as they don't talk day and night without stop about how woke they are, then you can still probably enjoy with an open mind.

Also, keep in mind that if they didn't say "Fuck JK Rowling", they'd get cancelled. Does it make it right? Probably not, but what can you do?
Grow a spine and stick to moral principles and not bend the knee to the mob. For one. The more do that the faster we get back to normal and out of clown world.

Roufianos

I was a bit put off by Greg wearing a Biden shirt during one of the recent kinda funny podcast. He doesn't come across as being politically invested or intelligent and it just rubbed me the wrong way. Also it's not because it didn't say Trump, Biden is just a terrible person and I didn't expect them to align with that line of thinking.

By his own admission, he has no interest in politics. He's just following the money and pleasing his audience which is mostly SJWs following what he did to Colin.

Tried to listen to a few Technical Alpha podcasts the other day. Dude was on a 20 minute tirade about Twitch and their support of black streamers or some shit. The next one was another 25 minute tirade just bitching and bitching. No thank you.

Recommending 4PlayerPodcast once again. They're organized, hilarious, and, if they ever do slip in any wokeness, it's less than a minute. They try to avoid drama/political speak at all costs.

notseqi

It's so odd seeing these people acting normal and like men. Klepek swallowed the blue pussy pill and made waypoint which is owned by vice and is far left rubbish super sjw, tearing everything apart bs.

I really don't know why these dudes lost their balls.
Can anyone explian to me how these people went from being normal in the ps360 error and funny, to being stick in the mud raving sjws today. How did this happen.
They wanna bang young chicks who are still in college and have not yet been hit by the reality of our world, retaining their highly ambitious and widely unachievable ideals.
The thinking of men trying to impress girls by agreeing with them a 100% spread (or rather never really died out) and now the livelyhood of some podcasters depends on catering to SJWs.

My non-woke podcasts are still thriving because they never tried to appeal to the wokies and are gaining more of a following by people trying to break away from the constant barrage.

Enzo88

Sadly I can`t help, i am crossing podcasts off myself for the same reason, those people are insane.
4 player network i recently cut off cause of the same attacks on JK Rowling, with no discussion about what she actually stands for whatsoever.

regawdless

Banned
Thanks for this thread. Stopped listening to the Bombcast a while ago and am searching for new stuff. Will check out some of the ones mentioned here.

lock2k

Banned
I don't know about podcasts but in terms of television I find myself more and more watching old sitcoms and movies (that is naturally non-woke because of the time when they were made) and stuff from foreign countries. Watching current U.S. and Brit series is a landmine for this kind of shit, so many cringefests.

JCK75

Yes, Sacred Symbols is like Beyond back in the day... I'm a patron and really enjoy the content.
Colin also has @sophnar0747 writing for him and @MattyPlays and a guy named Dustin do playthroughs and review games that Colin cannot get to under the Sacred Symbols+ brand.

He also bought 49% of Lillymo games and is now their creative officer, they released TwinBreaker on PSN and next they are making a classic JRPG style game written by Colin.

He also streams on Friday and Sunday, on Twitch.

Thanks for that info, I really like Colin and have not kept up with him beyond seeing people trying to cancel him because he's like.. barely right of center politically.

camaropilot

Another vote here for Colin Moriarty and CLS content. Sacred Symbols is the flagship but they also have Knock Back which is just as good. I've been a Patron since Day 1 and they haven't stopped producing quality content.

Bryank75

Banned
Thanks for that info, I really like Colin and have not kept up with him beyond seeing people trying to cancel him because he's like.. barely right of center politically.
Yeah, he is a great guy. I think Dustin is doing some of the sacred symbols episodes now. I must resub...

NEEEEEECROBUUUUUUMP

Any updates on this? I'm looking for podcasts and also discord communities. So far, Sacred Symbols seems to be about the only "non woke" discord server I've found. Maybe "non woke" isn't the correct term. You won't get banned by saying something that goes against muh 2023 narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom