• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best title screens in gaming

320px-SMTIIINocturneTitleJP.png

SMT: Nocturne

That was going to be my choice, best in animated form:
tumblr_n0utk1SJ641sjbtwdo1_500.gif

tumblr_myn96t2Bq31sd4mmco1_500.gif

Ironically by googling those two images I came across this thread, pretty much the same idea as this one. GAF -> GAF, skip internet.

Dearly Beloved really made it work though
tumblr_m0ujyszwoX1qepij6o1_500.gif

Ocarina Of Time.
oot-title-screen.jpg

Such serene imagery with Link riding Epona.
It's also awesome foreshadowing.

Xenoblade

xenoblade_smoother_attract_by_alo81-d6njhz3.gif

First time I saw this I was like, now this is the god damned Batman.
All of these are great. Pokemon and OoT are iconic. Mega Man II, Kingdom Hearts, and Xenoblade were helped by their soundtracks to make them even more awesome. Arkham Asylum's was also the moment I knew this had to be the Batman game I'd been waiting for.

images
futariblk.png

Mushihimesama Futari (arcade/ 360 & likely soon to be PC) normal and black label versions (love dem colours)
Arcade games sure have good looking attract screens the above is my fave

4348098901_6474fe66b0_o.jpg

37821-Wipeout_3_[NTSC-U]-2.jpg

Daingurse

My personal favorite title screens are:

Sonic 2
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Pokemon Silver
Skies of Arcadia
Phantasy Star Online
The Witcher 3

Roussow

I like Batman: Arkham Origins' title screen the most out of the Batman ones.

maxresdefault.jpg

Couldn't find a gif, so here's a video. It's much better in motion, great music, too.

I feel like the test of an "iconic" title screen is if it's recognisable without the text right there telling you what game it is. I know posting the image without saying what game it is is frowned upon, but I do think it would be a better way to judge this!

And of course MGR..
DelayedDarkAndalusianhorse.gif

That Platinum Flair!

My man!

Here's my offering, Mortal Kombat 9:

2197978-1.jpg

I loved how pressing through the menu would cause these brutal x-rays to happen. Really gave you a sense for how the game would be. I still love that uppercut to Sub-Zero when you press Start at the beginning.

2SeeKU

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

dwN23rZ.gif

No mucking around, just straight into gameplay after some credits, creating a cinema like experience.

Mr Git

Snake Eater is easily my favourite. Looked great but many bonus points for being able to dick around with buttons - speeding up the animation or slowing it down, altering the colour sets etc. Wonderful.

Top Bottom