• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best title screens in gaming

Sölf

Dearly Beloved really made it work though
tumblr_m0ujyszwoX1qepij6o1_500.gif

My man. I could stare at a white screen with nothing on it if Dearly Beloved would play. <3

blamite

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Wind Waker yet! The music in this game is basically flawless, and the title screen is no exception. Probably my #2 all time favorite, juuuuust barely below Ocarina.

Fractal

Banned
Yeah, like the MGSV one, you immediately take control.
Yep, if your last save is in the ACC, the seamless transition (apologies on the buzzword) is very nice... a great approach. I never pay much attention to intro logos and title screens, the less there are, the better.

Tain

SonyToo!™;179051528 said:
images
futariblk.png

Mushihimesama Futari (arcade/ 360 & soon to be PC) normal and black label versions (love dem colours)

animated version of the original Mushihimesama, always liked this one:

mushigif_half_2x_slowj4ilv.gif

I can see Xenoblade, OoT, Metroid Prime and Nocturne have already been mentioned <3
But it is still missing this one:
Killer7

Simply beautiful. From the GC logo to the moment it loads. Just perfect.

I can't go past a simple title on a black screen.

I'm still absolutely gutted that they went with what they did for Bloodborne. I mean, the custom font is fucking gorgeous; it's just begging for the white-on-black minimalist treatment.

God Catherine's title screen was great. Really makes you understand the personal hell Vince was in

Well put.

One thing I have noticed in this thread is you can tell if a developer in general cares or not about the title screen/main menu.

There are too many good ones in here to quote. Halo Reach was great, love the Final Fantasy shots, LA Noire probably surpasses Catherine even of having a menu perfectly represent the game.

One more to add is the Tales games usually have nice title screens (even if this image isn't great quality).

tales_of_vesperia.jpg

Rosenskjold

All also toss in WC3 RoC. Sadly couldn't find a gif version.

Came to post this, it just took you straight into the atmosphere of the game.

Also WC2 menu was awesome, maybe mostly because of nostalgia though, but that Metzen artwork <3

7098-warcraft-ii-battle-net-edition-windows-screenshot-main-menu.gif

lazyguy

Megaman's minimalist title with a cool image in the side after 3 all look rad. I prefer 5's Protoman Scarf. 4 is pretty cool too.
175040-mega-man-anniversary-collection-playstation-2-screenshot-mega.jpg

Mega-Man-5-title.jpg

Not a fan of the title screen. They're just an annoyance and an anachronism.

Pause game
Quit
Are you sure you want to quit?
Load first title screen
Press start
'Connecting to server/checking save data'
No Server Messages
Click quit on second title screen
Are you sure you want to quit?

FFS

Top Bottom