• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best ultimate attacks in anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azerare

All You Need Is Gatotsu.

atfxpdO.jpg
To be fair, Kenshins Amakakeru ryu no hirameki beats all variations of Gatotsu.

Geist-

I mean. This is secretly on the scale of xxxxxxpoweroftheuniverse. People don't understand yet what kind of scale we're dealing with here.

Saitama by a light year
Until I see Saitama actually struggle with something, I'm going to assume he just has infinite power.

Volimar

latest

Giga slave, from my anime wife

I like the Giga, but I'm more partial to the dragon slave. I even like the english dub translation:

Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed
by the power you and I possess...
DRAGON SLAVE!

dragon-slave-o.gif

jonjonaug

Gonna go with a classic and say the Ideon Sword. One of the very few times that I've seen an action anime include a planet busting level attack and treat it with appropriate weight.

EDIT: If you want goofy super robots, then I'd go with the Goldion Crusher over anything from Gurren Lagann.

SoulUnison

Banned
Lee was such a high point of the Naruto they just never recovered from it from the original series; funny since he completely stole the enduring underdog appeal completely from the title character Naruto, especially after they confirmed Naruto's lineage; man, the author really lost the plot in the 2nd series.

Part 2/Shippuden is totally unironic about how right Neji was.

No matter how hard he tried or how much he suffered he was always going to be a side character. Naruto looked like the underdog, but then he turned out to be the son of the most famous Hokage and the reincarnation of some magical super-ninja, blessed with miracle powers by Ninja Jesus.

I love Naruto, but it shits on its own message and ends on sort of a flat note.

Oh, and wasn't Naruto going to "fix Hyuga?" Did that ever get brought up again?
Dude kills himself to save the main character because he feels like he's hit a glass ceiling and the virtuous main character just sort of never gets around to fixing the system that made that whole thing possible in the first place.

Sometimes I think Part 2 just got sort of written by committee.

Beth Cyra

tumblr_nuwaw9kaYe1rjxyrgo4_500.gif

When the guns start blazing, none shall left standing.
LOL this is a great one for mooks but not a single ace pilot in Gundam would ever get hit by it, what's worse most Gundam's wouldn't even be effected by any of those weapons aside from the shoulder canons.

Love the flash of it though.

My vote goes to

Getter Dragon's Shine Spark

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Best ultimate attack from DBZ isn't even an option
5c61d644908c94db661537123f947990f9710ba1_hq.gif

Unfortunately short lived

Getter Robo had some shit too
yA0d89.gif

I don't know if it counts as a "move" but inthe second season of kaiji, when he's underground in debtors prison, and they're playing against the guard. He finally caught on to his tricks in the game, and after wrecking him for all his winnings one round, the guard trys to get up and leave, then he says "sit the fuck down, dealer goes twice"

That was the single greatest "got em" I've ever seen in any media ever. If anyone has watched kaiji, they know what I'm talking about.

dity

That one in Saki where she always ends up with a score of 0/0 and she does it every single game she plays and everyone is always surprised and never tries to counter it. That's the ultimate finisher: the one people know is coming, but can't do shit about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom