• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best ultimate attacks in anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
this
4ps_480__by_5h0071n9_574r-d62ufgk.gif

and these

DBZ's trash, but growing up, this scene was the coolest thing ever.

ugoo18

All these DBZ selections just drive home how bad Super looks in comparison :/ also many great selections in this.

ugoo18

Dbz didn't always look that good though. :/

Oh DBZ had more than its fair share of dubious quality but i kind of expected Super to continue with the good stuff DBZ did have rather than being such a step backwards at times. Plus DBZ usually had at the very least equal parts good and bad (Although that could be the nostalgia talking as i haven't watched DBZ in about 2 years), Super so far is at its best a 60% bad 40% good and worst around 80% bad and 20% good. The first moment that i found Super to look nice enough was probably
Goku vs Hit.

I should probably go through DB, DBZ and Super when i have time to really get a feel for which was the most consistent visually since i haven't rewatched DB and DBZ fully in a little while.

Eumi

Misdirection Overflow from Kuroko no Basket makes an entire basketball team so difficult to keep your eyes on they appear to be physically teleporting.

The anime is yet to get there, but in JoJo part 4
kira's ultimate attack, Bites the Dust, is an explosion so powerful it reverses time upon detonation.
This effect even works in the fighting game All Star Battle.

Moaradin

Erm...the ball touched out of bounds, the point goes to the defending team.

It did and the show reflected that. It still shocked the hell out of the main characters.
And it's even better when he pulls it out again later and gets it in successfully.

One of the best things about Haikyuu is that it isn't afraid of characters making small errors like that. Even the main antagonist in that gif.

MrKaepora

It did and the show reflected that. It still shocked the hell out of the main characters.
And it's even better when he pulls it out again later and gets it in successfully.

One of the best things about Haikyuu is that it isn't afraid of characters making small errors like that. Even the main antagonist in that gif.
Uff...

I was starting to think I was in the presence of another Code Geass "fuck the rules" moment
0BeJO.png

Shredderi

Part 2/Shippuden is totally unironic about how right Neji was.

No matter how hard he tried or how much he suffered he was always going to be a side character. Naruto looked like the underdog, but then he turned out to be the son of the most famous Hokage and the reincarnation of some magical super-ninja, blessed with miracle powers by Ninja Jesus.

I love Naruto, but it shits on its own message and ends on sort of a flat note.

Oh, and wasn't Naruto going to "fix Hyuga?" Did that ever get brought up again?
Dude kills himself to save the main character because he feels like he's hit a glass ceiling and the virtuous main character just sort of never gets around to fixing the system that made that whole thing possible in the first place.

Sometimes I think Part 2 just got sort of written by committee.

Yup. Dropped the ball HARD.

I like the Giga, but I'm more partial to the dragon slave. I even like the english dub translation:

Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed
by the power you and I possess...
DRAGON SLAVE!

dragon-slave-o.gif

Q8ayoFx.jpg

ugoo18

Not really an ultimate attack but more of a taste of things to come from MHA. Can't wait to see certain parts of the manga to come.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom