• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best ultimate attacks in anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
gtfaVs1.gif

Gr9pyoQ.gif

Codiox

Where the hell are you guys finding all these gifs?

Hunter X Hunter (2011 version)

One of the best shounen Anime/Manga ever, do yourself a favour and watch it.

I watched the first, dunno 20 episodes of it. They just went of that island or something like that and arrived in a mansion. I really hoped it gets much more over the top like dbz where every time another much more powerful enemy comes but nothing happened. Maybe I have to give it another try.

Rafavert

Not an anime, but....

latest

Negica Magia Erebea: Circuli Absorptionis Extempore. This gave me chills reading this.

You're not alone! Man, I'd LOVE to see a complete anime adaptation of Negima... Though I do think the writer lost himself a lil near the end. Felt so rushed...

My vote is torn between Giga Duriru Bureikaaaaaaaa
and Gilgamesh's Babylon Gate. The (Unlimited Blade Works spoiler)
battle between Gilgamesh and Emiya is one of my all time favourite fights.

Mr.Sword

I watched the first, dunno 20 episodes of it. They just went of that island or something like that and arrived in a mansion. I really hoped it gets much more over the top like dbz where every time another much more powerful enemy comes but nothing happened. Maybe I have to give it another try.

You really should, the first 26 ep are the Hunter exam. Introduction arc that establish main characters, no crazy action if that's what you're looking for. However starting from early 30s once they go to fighting tower and learn about "nen" things start to get interesting.

From ep 40 starts is what considered by most people the best arc of the series with insanely powerful villains and this huge difference in power create this tension that is rare to see in Manga.

Such a great show...shame it ended so randomly but I suppose that's in-line with its nature.

Still would've loved to solve the mystery of the blue moustache, their alien mascot and Masaru's parents.
Hopefully we'll be able to one day properly clean up princess.

Thorgal

not nearly as bullshit as building Gohan up for like 50 episodes only to have him job to Buu in five minutes

at least i can waive that away with " ultimate power means jack shit if you forgot how to fight properly for years".

https://youtu.be/nwrzYrpCHz0?t=245
in here we have the mother of all beam attacks fired at cell at close range and looking from space covered a quarter of the planet and arguably blew up the entire next solar system and cell survives it ( lets not even get started on how 16 is still alive afterwards since he is only 2 meters away from cell ).

ugoo18

Nice shitposting.

It's not shitty anymore.

The last few episodes had gallick gun, final flash, and kamehameha that looked fantastic.

Shitposting........... one of you're examples of it not looking bad is literally part of one of the moments i said actually looked good.

The first moment that i found Super to look nice enough was probably
Goku vs Hit.

Even then if you're going to be that way as another poster said it lacks the same powerful look/feel to it. Goku firing off that beam is many times more powerful than the Goku of the Saiyan Saga or DBZ in general yet as well as Vegeta firing off that final flash vs DBZ Vegeta yet looking at the attacks DBZ certainly does a better job of selling the power behind their beams and general stakes.

To a random observer who'd never seen or had no concept of DBZ what do you think gives a better impression of power?

This? that while looking flashy also comes across as a bit sterile.
P1Z8Pbn.gif

Vs

This, which might not be as clean but is just as flashy and sells the gravitas of the blast best.
4ps_480__by_5h0071n9_574r-d62ufgk.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The best part of having all these One Punch Man gifs and posts is that the arc(s) that come after the alien invasion go even crazier.

That Serious Series Table Flip

Season 2, whenever it happens, is gonna be nuts.

Just when you thought it was over.....this fucking shit gets pulled and my jaw dropped

That Zero Hand. I just love the bird flip to set it off!

wamberz1

The Fate series has tons of great ones, and they're all hype as fuck:
Excalibur:
Basically a big blast attack.
Gae Bolg:
When used as a spear, it tracks the opponents heart and destroys the victim from within. Also reverses cause and effect. fuck if I know what that means.
When used as a javelin, It's basically a small nuke.
Ionian Hetairoi:
Pulls everyone near into a marble phantasm (pocket dimension), where an army of thousands waits for the user's command.
The titular Unlimited Blade Works:
Pulls the opponent(s) into a marble reality, where archer can create any sword he has recorded at will, and summon a theoretically infinite amount to battle with. He can use them as projectiles or as weapons. In addition, he gains the proficiency and skill any wielder had of the weapon, as well as any magical properties. This means he can even recreate other noble phantasms.
And of course, Gate of Babylon:
The definition of OP. It's user can summon anything from the treasury of Gilgamesh. This includes almost every single noble phantasm, as at some point he owned the original version of every weapon. However Gilgamesh almost never actually uses them because he doesn't know how and instead fires them off like artillery strikes. In addition it contains: A suit of incredibly strong magic-enforced Armour, a golden UFO, and a weapon capable of undoing all creation.

dpunk3

You're not alone! Man, I'd LOVE to see a complete anime adaptation of Negima... Though I do think the writer lost himself a lil near the end. Felt so rushed...[/SPOILER]

He didn't have a choice, publishers were attempting to own the IP rights to Negima. He had to cut it short for legal reasons, he himself said he didn't end it on the note he wanted to. Which is why he started UQ Holder, to both address the end of the series and continue the story with new characters.

I adore Negima, I have the Mahora emblem tattooed on my left shoulder blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom