• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Videogame Menu tracks

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
F-Zero X

Also has the greatest racing game soundtrack overall ever.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The Gran Turismo series has always had awesome menu music. Also, the Capcom vs SNK series as well.

Last edited:

Myths

Ain’t gonna flex, not gonna front...this was a real one

I like to think back to the days of 08-early 09, long before the game’s release when we knew next to nothing but a few tracks. It’s soothing and more than sensational to be frank.

All we had were those crisp “target render” screenshots of the Lightning, Vanille, and Snow in that icy lake area.

Last edited:

Shifty

Here's a banger from the one and only God Hand, the main menu theme appropriately titled Be Ready For It!

It fits quite well I think, establishes an atmosphere of GO GO GO from minute one.

Last edited:

Codes 208

These are legitimately the first that come to mind. (Press start counts as a menu screen, right? Lol)

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
GAF has good taste. All of the songs below are guaranteed to improve self esteem.

TxK

Wonderful 101

Guilty Gear Xrd series

Gold/Silver

Lastly, this is by no means the "best", but it is etched pretty hard into the creases of my brain:

Belmonte

Contra Hard Corps, must be one of the most underated OST ever:

I love Rastan OST also. It encapsulates very well the savage and epic Conan-like world of Rastan.

I don't want to make this a Donkey Kong Country topic but I love this music too. There are many great and surprisingly introspective tracks in the series but I go with this funny and sassy one:

GermanZepp

Contra hard corps ost rules man!!
Contra Hard Corps, must be one of the most underated OST ever:

I love Rastan OST also. It encapsulates very well the savage and epic Conan-like world of Rastan.

I don't want to make this a Donkey Kong Country topic but I love this music too. There are many great and surprisingly introspective tracks in the series but I go with this funny and sassy one:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
A few more favorites of mine:

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (PC)

Homeworld: Cataclysm

Solstice (surprised this hasn't been posted yet, or credit to whoever posted it first and I didn't see)

Also, Mario Kart series as a whole is aces:

Super Mario Kart

Mario Kart 64

Mario Kart 8

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Such a under appreciated game, I wish this would get remastered with better performance.

Last edited:
V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Here are some of my favorites.

Mass Effect 3

Pac Man World 2

Pac Man World 3

Ocarina of time

Sonic Heroes

Edit: Also, I've never played it, but the Chrono Trigger title theme is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sublimit

Banned
CTRL+F: Dragons Dogma....no results. For shame

• Dragons Dogma
  • Halo
  • Fallout 1+2
  • Roadrash
  • Sonic the hedgehog
Maybe you should have CTRL+F Dragon's Dogma instead :p The original "Into Free" theme was posted some posts above. ;)

Edit:I also love the Dragon Quest menu theme (which is more or less the same in most DQ games). Gives me a feeling of playfullness which always makes me feel happy and warm inside. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom