• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best voice work in a game by an individual?

I just love about everything from Keith David's voice work, he's just so demanding and intimidatingly badass sounding all the time!

If anyone doesn't know, he voiced the Arbitor in the Halo series.

He was Disney's Goliath in Gargolyes, and narrates in many commercials like for the Navy, Brown, etc.

CowGirl

Ryan Drees!

He helped bring Shenmue to life by giving the voice to this character:

2my9fnq.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
you guys really think cam clarke is great?

he has a very good and instantly recognizable, distinct voice, but his acting is not only cheese of the highest order, but is always the exact same no matter what accent he throws on top of it. he's like the epitome of consummate pro who is best when working on light stuff like saturday morning cartoons.

(but one thing i thought he was absolutely perfect for was the voice of Freddy in Freddy Pharkas:Frontier Pharmacist :D )

Pojo

Banned
dmshaposv said:
7) T.C.Carson - Kratos
He screams waaaaaaay too much. It's comical, to say the least. I'd like to see a more human side of Kratos in the game, because his dialogue is absurd.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
I just love about everything from Keith David's voice work, he's just so demanding and intimidatingly badass sounding all the time!

If anyone doesn't know, he voiced the Arbitor in the Halo series.

He was Disney's Goliath in Gargolyes, and narrates in many commercials like for the Navy, Brown, etc.

His voice has become more overused than Morgan Freemans.

DGRP

ulmeyda.jpg

THESE DUDES HAVE GOT ENERGY TO SPARE.
WE'RE TALKIN' GUYS WHO BEAT OFF FOUR TIMES A DAY.

Cam Clarke

Kratos... Snake.... gollum dude... Just so ridiculously over the top,...
is that good voice acting? Cause i can't tell.

I thought the voice acting for kratos and snake was a complete cheesefest. Same with Serkis' work on heavenly sword. So excessive it's insignificant. Trying so hard to convey something, it comes across as a caricature.
Then again, if the game is meant as a caricature of reality, i guess that works. Just not for me.

I did like Balthier's and Fran's voices tho. I thought they did a great job of giving the characters some personality while showing at least some level of restraint and believability.

Top Bottom