• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Wireless Provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crumbs

It depends where you're using it, at least that's what I've found. Maybe someone here has some experiences with providers in your area.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
It has alot to do with where you are. I personally have no problem with T-Mobile in the MD, DC, VA area. Great customer service, great phone service.

AirBrian

I've had T-Mobile (VoiceStream) for about 4 years now. Absolutely love them. Great customer service.

I have one friend who has had Cingular for about 6 years -- she's pretty happy -- only a few complaints with customer service.

I have a few friends who have had Sprint, best coverage but worst customer service.

But it depends on where you're at too.

Bowser

I have Cingular, and it's great. I find the customer service to be very responsive (in NC, at least), and the coverage is great as long as you don't go to VA ;) However, I've heard that the best provider is Verzion Wireless, but the downside with that is that they are TDMA (CDMA?) and not GSM (meaning you'll get better coverage, but "meh" phones [however, Verizon's latest phone offerings look very good to me]). My cousin uses VZW and he really likes it; I've used his phone before and it does get great quality. As for the others: my Dad has AT&T and I don't like it much. Dropped calls and the like with my Dad (even though his phone is a TDMA phone). I haven't tried any other service provider. Hope I helped!

well, in the new york city tristate area, verizon's network seems to be the best, although the same can't be said for their customer service. i recently switched from sprint to verizon and both of them suck in how they handle customer calls (sprint's network in new jersey sucks just as bad as their service people).

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
yup, nyc tristate verizon has the most complete coverage. you shoud never be without signal when outdoors.

t-mobile is probably next, but only if you don't go to places where the coverage map shows no signal. there literally is no signal in areas like stokes state forest w/ t-mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom