• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Can someone quickly tell me why I spent 100 dollars more for 40 gigs..... Whats the difference between the 20 and 60 gig??

Dirtbag

eanaziat4.gif

:lol

kiun

sonarrat said:
There was never anything on their site about it. I found it with a search in Froogle. That's why there's a redirect link for the 20GB one.

Even if this doesn't work out, thanks OP for hooking GAF members up

Well, if helps at all, my preorder purchase recognized my 100 dollar gift card I got a couple years ago (didn't have to punch in my amount, it knew after entering the gift card #)

joeposh said:
I'm sure that's what happened with the "relaunch", yes but as I stated in reference to this occurance, I really don't know... it could be we all lucked out or it could be what it seems, too good to be true. I'm hoping it's for real, but until I see that for sure, I'm setting my expectations low.

Mine are low too. I expect an e-mail from BB before the 17th about how it is canceled. At any rate, if it is not shipped by 11/24, then I will cancel it.

Its not phishing. It has all my account information on it.

LJ11

Page is up, but I tried putting the 60gb in my cart and got the following message:

PlayStation 3 60GB System has a quantity limit of 1 per order. Please enter a new quantity for this item.

Multiple orders are probably DOA.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ow Ow, try to add 2 of them to your cart.
"PlayStation 3 20GB System has a quantity limit of 1 per order. Please enter a new quantity for this item."

i don't think that was there before.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Wario64 said:
Someone on CAG is calling their customer service right now...

I didn't realize their CS line was still open at this hour. Can you update us please?

As far as the views for this thread goes... does anyone else have a sticky number of 2,642? I'm just curious how many people viewed this thread and I know that number can't be right.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Oh, and you guys might want to give your credit card companies a quick ring, and add a spending notification to the account if this is at all outside of your normal pattern. A $600 online authorization attempt will trigger the risk management system of most major credit cards.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
eudaemonic said:
As far as the views for this thread goes... does anyone else have a sticky number of 2,642? I'm just curious how many people viewed this thread and I know that number can't be right.

i see 2642 as well

Dead

well not really...yet
Goreomedy said:
Oh, and you guys might want to give your credit card companies a quick ring, and add a spending notification to the account if this is at all outside of your normal pattern. A $600 online authorization attempt will trigger the risk management system of most major credit cards.
haha, the first time I made a crazy expensive online order, my card started being denied everywhere afterwards due to my account being locked since the purchase was "suspicious". I was in a total panic.

So yeah that's uhhh definitely a good idea!

Yeah. Now that at least a single representative from all of the message boards of the world has seen this thread and reported it back to the hive, the view # is not crazy.

Tarazet

Goreomedy said:

Oh, this is definitely not outside of my normal pattern, believe me. :lol

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
ghostmind said:
There's no way I could get this lucky, is there?

Probably not. The model numbers for both versions are "ABC", which stinks of a placeholder page that was not meant to go live yet. No one should get their hopes up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Goreomedy said:

Pffft, I spend 600 dollars all the time.

cvxfreak

Goreomedy said:

Seconded.

Good thing last month I paid off my upcoming trip to Japan on this very same card. So I have a good history of buying expensive stuff on my card.

What if I didn't register while I ordered? What if I registered after I ordered, but with the same e-mail? How could I cancel if I did that? How do I... uh... sync my order with that account?

mrroboto

Banned
Goreomedy said:
Probably not. The model numbers for both versions are "ABC", which stinks of a placeholder page that was not meant to go live yet. No one should get their hopes up.

Yeah and they don't even have a proper picture of the PS3 up yet.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for this quite yet. Good find if true but almost too good to be true.

As Best Buy usually starts their sales week on Sundays, I'd say this wasn't meant to go live for another few hours yet.

sangreal

bigmakstudios said:
What if I didn't register while I ordered? What if I registered after I ordered, but with the same e-mail? How could I cancel if I did that? How do I... uh... sync my order with that account?

You enter your order number and some other info

Why would you want to cancel though? If it goes through and you don't want the PS3 sell it. If you can't sell it, return it to a store (minus shipping charges)

sangreal

Goreomedy said:

I await the thread full of gaffers outraged that BestBuy had the nerve to cancel orders

Insty

Goreomedy said:

Actually if you look in the web browser it shows the right sku number for each unit (ie. the 8008489 number for the 60gb). Looks pretty legit to me.

When this happened with 360 last year, did it give this kind of message when you try to add more than one system to your cart? Because it is now...

PlayStation 3 60GB System has a quantity limit of 1 per order. Please enter a new quantity for this item.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
When this happened with 360 last year, did it give this kind of message when you try to add more than one system to your cart? Because it is now...

What is to keep you from doing a seperate order?

WickedAngel said:

I'm not saying that anything is doing any such thing. I'm looking for consistencies or discrepancies between this and the 360 fiasco.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
THE "1 PER" MESSAGE IS NOT NEW!

Ok, ok, somebody at CAG said that it was new.

mrroboto

Banned
WickedAngel said:

The same credit card? The same address? Name? :lol

Don't know about you guys but I don't have multiple cards with tons of cash available on them.

mrroboto said:
The same credit card? The same address? Name? :lol

Don't know about you guys but I don't have multiple cards with tons of cash available on them.

It accepted two from mine in the form of seperate orders.

dyls

Malleymal said:
Can someone quickly tell me why I spent 100 dollars more for 40 gigs..... Whats the difference between the 20 and 60 gig??

About $400 on Ebay-- I mean, it's much better, yeah... that's it.

Someone on CAG is calling their customer service right now...

I thought the first rule of CAG was 'never ask'

Top Bottom