• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda announces Hearthstone (tentative title)

Doukou

Such strange platform choices. I'd understand if they were targeting iOS as a whole but specifically iPad is bizarre. No mention of Android, either.

It took awhile for Hearthstone to be on Iphone so there must be some complications. Unless Bethesda is copying Blizzard on every little detail

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Such strange platform choices. I'd understand if they were targeting iOS as a whole but specifically iPad is bizarre. No mention of Android, either.

Card UIs are hard to do for Smaller screens. I fully expect it to be like Blizzard ie PC first. Then iPad will hit. Then the eventual Android port for sizes 7">. Then maybe phones waaaayyy down the road.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There are five colors: Mountain, Island, Forest, Swamp, and Plains.

LMAO. <3 Also Stump's thread title troll. hah.

If the combat is a bit more thinking man's a la Magic, I'm down. Uncarded was a bit disappointing since it's combat mechanic was "deal big damage while having big shields." Same for Hearthstone in a fashion.

Ploid 3.0

Elders Scrolls is being over saturated it seems. They need to tone down the over use of the franchise before I end up not caring about the next Elder Scrolls single player RPG by Bethesda. The fact that I have to be so specific when mentioning the next ES SP game is bad enough. Skyrim was probably too successful for it's own good.

Edit: Oh wow, Bishoptl's new avatar. I dig!

SRTtoZ

lol. He said iPad and PC, so I hope he just misspoke and meant "mobile" in general because I want this on my phone.

Fuck I didn't get the memo that Blizzard created the TCG/CCG genre.

How am I supposed to be appropriately snarky if you don't get your memos out in time people!?!?!??!?!?!

This actually puts that whole SCROLLS lawsuit into perspective...

I'm interested in this. I used to play a lot of different card games growing up (magic, dbz, pokemon, etc) but don't have the time or money to invest in playing physical card games now in adulthood.

Hearthstone holds no interest to me, I don't care for the warcraft universe (now if they did a starcraft version that would be different). Magic and DBZ have no really good digital versions. Pokemon is ok but isn't really deep.

This will be something that I could get into as I'm heavily invested in the overall Elder Scrolls universe (provided it comes to PC)

iNvid02

would have glossed over this a few years ago, but the words STRATEGY CARD GAME now have meaning for me after hearthstone, will keep a look out for sure.

Boba2007

They weren't even being subtle about it.

BasicWellinformedIchthyosaurs.gif

I would've thought they were for the same game.

Exactly my thoughts. Hopefully the mechanics are good enough to make it interesting because nothing about the ESU makes this that appealing to me.

Take a gander at uesp.net

The lore is incredibly deep in the extended fiction. Rivaling even the extended universe of Halo.

Top Bottom