• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda/ZeniMax puts up new teaser - [Up2: New Teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the game isnt similar to RTCW then im not interested.

I dont understand why they are even bothering with the game its not like the franchise has any power anymore. It got big on PC over a decade ago (with some xblive following) and then the turd burglar made by raven killed any interest in the franchise.

wolfenstein 2009 is awesome! at least the singleplayer... loved the hell out of this game

Deadbeat

Banned
There is nothing wrong with a publisher trying to revive an old beloved franchise,it can be a hit again if done right.

and Zenimax love to risk it it seems since they revived a dead IP (Fallout 3),made Dishonored which is a spiritual successor to a dead IP(Thief) making a Survival Horror in this day and age,trying to revive Doom again..ect.
Its not the same as Fallout 3 because Fallout 2 was a good game. Wolfenstein 2009 tanked. Dishonored is its own combination of thief and i would say Arkane's previous works.

it's this game folks.

About Machine Games

Established in 2009 by former founding members of Starbreeze Studios and acquired in 2010, MachineGames is currently working on an unannounced project for ZeniMax publishing subsidiary, Bethesda Softworks, that is being built on id Software's revolutionary id Tech® 5 engine technology. MachineGames is located in Uppsala, Sweden.

http://www.machinegames.com/about.php?lang=en

I am surprised if this game isn't revealed at E3 after all these years.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Rumor is that it's a fall 2013 release—which is a very short marketing cycle for a Beth-published game. Also heard that it's a riff on BioShock or something. Not getting my hopes up too much for this game in any case.

Magnus Högdahl left the company a few years back—he's consulting I believe, so it's possible he is still working on this. Though he did return to Starbreeze for at least a brief amount of time to help out on Syndicate.

I am surprised if this game isn't revealed at E3 after all these years.
Current-gen title AFAIK, and they probably don't want to be marginalized by all the next-gen news?

Nibel

Hail to the motherfucking king people

rzhcaTU.jpg

(Look at that logo - it's on the same level as Q3A's)

xKqXc1B.jpg

X4YoaaN.jpg

0feoaHW.jpg

SFJJouu.jpg

Dinda

It's the new Fallout but it will not be called Fallout. Because it's a prequel that leads to the nuclear war and the Fallout.
It will be called "Pip-Boy Wars - Episode I - No hope"

I replayed RtCW about a year ago. The textures and overall fidelity still hold up pretty damn well at 1080p. It was much harder than I originally remember though.

pot

Banned
dude..it's in the op

iirc BitComposer was the one who actually got the rights.

I know, I am hoping its all a lie.

Would also be cool if it was a brand new RPG.

A fallout style game that's not in a post apocalypse setting, loot that actually looks worth stealing! :)

Yeah that would be cool too. I don't want another generic corridor FPS though, even if it is the Wolfenstein Universe.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Wolfenstein is definitely in development. So is Fallout 4.

But my friend is way more impressed with Wolfenstein.

Side rant - He also said DOOM 4 looks awful, and isn't sure if it is being scraped.

Xpliskin

I'm so hyped for zwei I've actually dreamed of a ZWEI reveal trailer after viewing this before going to bed...

It can be anything, and the artstyle doesn't seem to indicate anything made by a Japanese developer.

My vote goes to Wolfenstein.

mrgone

It's obvious they've secured rights to the Barb Wire franchise and are making a video game sequel to the 1996 movie. It's also a sequel to Wet.

GavinGT

Banned
Wolfenstein is definitely in development. So is Fallout 4.

But my friend is way more impressed with Wolfenstein.

Side rant - He also said DOOM 4 looks awful, and isn't sure if it is being scraped.

Did you try to ask him for which systems? I mean it's clearly next-gen, but it'd be interesting if he said specifics.

And at this point, id/Carmack should just be Bethesda's official bug stompers.

pa22word

id had two teams under their roof, and the id that made RAGE wasn't working on DOOM4, therefore the state DOOM4 was in isn't exactly representative of id in its entirety.

That being said, considering RAGE was a fantastic shooter I think you should stop saying talented people should lose their jobs over something you don't really understand nor have any real solid internal knowledge of, tbqh...

Mr Swine

Banned
If its Wolfensten, then let us kill Hitler one more time for old times sake! Also please add back the Super Soldiers, they are both fascinating and terrifying enemies to be against like the Cyberdemon

54-46!

I loved the objective based multiplayer in RtCW and ET but I doubt they'll do something like that with this game. Even if they did, it's more than likely a console FPS, and by definition those games have a very low skill ceiling and are not very fun on PC.

I actually really liked the Wolfenstein of 2009 so if they can improve upon that I actually would not mind. Keep Fallout 4 away from the current gen consoles and release it somewhere in Fall 2014/Spring 2015.

GavinGT

Banned
id had two teams under their roof, and the id that made RAGE wasn't working on DOOM4, therefore the state DOOM4 was in isn't exactly representative of id in its entirety.

That being said, considering RAGE was a fantastic shooter I think you should stop saying talented people should lose their jobs over something you don't really understand nor have any real solid internal knowledge of, tbqh...

I wasn't wishing ill upon id, but most rumblings seem to indicate that they're sort of directionless at the moment. I was just making a lighthearted joke about how their technical talents could be better applied to helping Bethesda to finally make an open world game that isn't a technical trainwreck.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Did you try to ask him for which systems? I mean it's clearly next-gen, but it'd be interesting if he said specifics.

Yeah I asked him, but he didn't know for which systems since he develops for PC, but it was for next gen. He has just seen in house demos, I am assuming like he did for DOOM 4. He said that it wasn't using a new engine, but an upgraded form, but it still looks really good. I asked him if VATS was returning but he didn't know. He did mention there would be a new focus on the gunplay that made the game much "cooler".

Due to NDA he cant say too much, so i apologize if this post comes off trollish or vague.

I don't see Bethesda giving a Fallout or Elder Scrolls chapter as an exclusive to anyone.
So it wouldn't be a reason to buy a specific platform.
And honetsly, I prefer this way since I love their games.

GavinGT

Banned
Yeah I asked him, but he didn't know for which systems since he develops for PC, but it was for next gen. He has just seen in house demos, I am assuming like he did for DOOM 4. He said that it wasn't using a new engine, but an upgraded form, but it still looks really good. I asked him if VATS was returning but he didn't know. He did mention there would be a new focus on the gunplay that made the game much "cooler".

Due to NDA he cant say too much, so i apologize if this post comes off trollish or vague.

No, if anything I was the one trolling back there. Thanks for the info, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom