• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda's "Mature" Wii Game Is Wheelspin

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems Bethesda has finally revealed the "mature Wii Game" they talked about a few months ago. It's a racing game called Wheelspin.

VG247 said:
Remember when, back in May, Bethesda Europe managing director Sean Brennan lamented about the Wii’s dry-as-a-desert pool of “mature” games? Well, for those who don’t, he also teased the “really big” announcement of a mature Wii game from Bethesda.

VG247 asked Bethesda VP Pete Hines for clarification concerning that title, and here’s what he told us:

“[Sean] was referring to the Wheelspin Wii game Bethesda is publishing in Europe (only) and that is being shown in our booth at GamesCom this week.”

Wheelspin is — if the title didn’t give it away — a racing game. Its goal, in addition to going really, really fast, is to “push the hardware further than any other Wii racing game to date.”

It’s out this autumn, if you’re interested.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/20/pete-hines-bethesdas-mature-wii-game-is-wheelspin/

Here are some screenshots from the game. It's known as Speed Zone in North America: http://www.detn8games.com/Games_SZ_Gallery.html

29og40y.jpg

10dcm8m.jpg

scitek

I've actually played Speed Zone for a few hours, and it's pretty shitty.

I remember people saying they doubted this was the game, though. (Maybe myself included.)

:lol :lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Though its not the developers fault, the wii hardware is just tooooooo weak...right? RIGHT ?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't remember Gamecube games looking this bad so often as seems to be the case on Wii.

Did Nintendo inadvertently introduce some bottleneck into the system that's f-ing everything up, or is it purely because developers couldn't give a shit?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
is this a joke? am i being punked? is there a camera somewhere that's supposed to make me look silly? come on, fess up. it's not nice to play with people like this...

laserbeam

Banned
Doesnt make sense. They said it was a game they were making and it would release late next year. Something they are publishing for this fall meets none of those criteria though an unannounced title is not gonna suddenly get announced because someone asks for info.

Vinci

Danish
gofreak said:
I don't remember Gamecube games looking this bad so often as seems to be the case on Wii.

Did Nintendo inadvertently introduce some bottleneck into the system that's f-ing everything up, or is it purely because developers couldn't give a shit?

Basically, I just think many developers are being lazy dipshits when it comes to Wii projects.

Chrange

Banned
The mature part is that all the drivers are nude. They're patenting 'boob bounce' and 'penis flap' technology as we speak.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Vinci said:
Basically, I just think many developers are being lazy dipshits when it comes to Wii projects.

If they haven't already, Nintendo needs to start holding developer days and workshops and stuff to help bring the standard up.

Do they have a technology support group for distributing libraries and stuff to third parties to help them get better results for the same (minimal, it seems) effort being put into projects?

I have never seen laziness on a console to this scale from respected developers. What exactly does Bethesda have to do with this?

If you combines the graphical prowess of this and Modern Warfare, you might achieve the visual fidelity of the worst looking PS2 game.

Ha ha ha ha ha, spin it!
Oh uh oh oh oh oh uh oh uh oh uh oh oh uh
Let's begin it!
Bear and grin it!
Spin it!

Oh ee aye, wheel spin, oh ee oh, wheel spin
Friends for life through thick and thin with another wheel spin
Oh ee aye, wheel spin, oh ee oh, wheel spin
All the trouble we get in with another wheel spin, spin it!

Spin my friend!
Oh ee aye, oh ee aye, oh ee oh, oh ee oh
Oh ee aye, oh ee aye, oh ee oh, oh ee oh
Oh uh, oh uh, oh

Spin it, let's begin it, bear and grin it when you're in it
You can win it in a minute when you spin it, spin it, spin it!
Wheelspin it, wheel spin!

Top Bottom