• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

Veelk

Banned
I just found myself thinking on this page "holy shit Walt and Mike and Gus and the twins and Tico and random dealers and that one guy and that other guy and Hank and all their families were always either killing people or under implied or direct fatal threats through the entire show and I can't really say that once about BCS."

And I think it's possible that the writing team has been leaning on that eventual threat of Walter's arrival into Saul's office as the underpinning life or death threat in BCS. Rather than replicating that constant sword of damacles over everyone in the show.

Well, you can, actually. It's one of the first episodes of the show, in fact, when Saul had to deal with Tuco and convince him to not kill him or the two idiots he put up to the task of scamming his granny. And Mike's plots tend to deal with life and death (or imprisonment) situations. I mean, you know he's not gonna die, but you don't think about that in the moment (or atleast I don't), so...

But yeah, death happens much more rarely.

I'm hyped

"Nailed" is such an excellent episode

Master class acting from all players

"Nothing for him to find" still gives me chills.

Pryce

This show feels like more of a complete show than Breaking Bad ever was. At least through the first two seasons in comparison between the two.

Hyped!

<3 Kim, and fuck Chuck

Dude was the consigliere for probably the biggest drug lord in America. Of course he's gonna be hot.

I really don't think Walter White was that big. The entire series only took place over two years, and even though Walt knew how to cook, he was a horrible fucking businessman and an even worse liar (to the point where he leverages this for a lie in the final season).

People like to mythologize Walt because the entire show was his journey, but he did very, very few things in the entire run that would warrant him being a kingpin.

I really don't think Walter White was that big. The entire series only took place over two years, and even though Walt knew how to cook, he was a horrible fucking businessman and an even worse liar (to the point where he leverages this for a lie in the final season).

People like to mythologize Walt because the entire show was his journey, but he did very, very few things in the entire run that would warrant him being a kingpin.

Dude was running a business that made close to a quarter billion dollars in that time frame, while simultaneously replacing an entrenched multinational competitor and becoming the target of a country-wide manhunt following his exposure. He was a bigger deal than anyone who's ever posted on this forum at least

rekameohs

Banned

I agree that Walter White was bad at being a crime boss. But Breaking Bad wasn't striving for realism there - it wasn't really about operating a criminal empire, it was more about the collapse of Walt's relationships. He really was a huge deal in that universe when he was exposed. Charlie Rose wouldn't be talking about him if he wasn't.

I almost forget how well shot this show is compared to others. And how perfect the music is. It's just a cut above from a production perspective.

I almost forget how well shot this show is compared to others. And how perfect the music is. It's just a cut above from a production perspective.
Breaking bad was the same way

The cinematography in both shows is the best in television. The beginning of the last episode of the previous season where Chuck is being carried into ER is one of the coolest shots of the series

Top Bottom