• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Koodo

Banned
There's a distinctive cackle in seeing the little monsters get pushed into a corner where they can't even come for Knee anymore. Their fave is more medicated, can't have a performance worth mentioning even under the influence, and the music ended up several rungs of the ladder below in creative and commercial terms. Astonishing t b h.

But let's also not pretend Glory was a good album. (skull)

rhandino

Banned
Not The Chainsmokers shitting on Perfect Illusion

giphy.gif

And what in the world was her team thinking when they choose that over Dancing in Circle as the lead single? 😑

Downloaded JOANNE
Played the tracks (skipping perfect illusion & million reasons)

Delete file
Empty Trash

As expected, "good" my ass. I will say Dancing in Circles is listenable, even though it's not something I would really listen to I can see it getting radio plays. But overall, NO. I struggled to listen to this, couldn't finish some of them (Hey girl & cum on mama, namely).

This album really is a mess and with the inevitable commercial failure and her cancelling performances left and right, I think she'll release a new album next year (first single on SB?) and brush Joanne off as "A personal letter" or some shit.

EDIT: ^ I was gonna say the same thing re: lead single, but I think the expectations would've been much higher had Dancing in Circles been the lead.

Just listened to Joanne. Yeaaaah, I don't like it. She's going with a certain sound, both in the music and her voice, that I really dislike.

This thing goes on the pile of the albums like Lotus and Britney Jean: albums I will never revisit, not even for a single song.

The Godprint is a fucking slay and Nickgod Minajsus WILL deliver even more quality on her next alber. Know. That.

Edit: So Gaga made a song idolizing a racist and homophobic man... I see.
tumblr_inline_of8brzly1A1qcm4iq_500.gif

Frodo

So, this is not the comeback you were looking for?

How does Atrl feel about Joanne? I can't be bothered to go and check.

Aguila

#ICONIC

When I checked, they were all praising Come to Mama as the best song on the album. I immediately closed my tab and contemplated deleting my ATRL account.

Last I checked it was "masterpiece" and "second coming of Jesus", so still in the denial stage I guess.

Can't tell why, but I'm liking Side to Side despite the godawful nicki verse.

MANUELF

Banned
When I checked, they were all praising Come to Mama as the best song on the album. I immediately closed my tab and contemplated deleting my ATRL account.
ATRL is in a delusion indeed, they were saying Perfect Delusion was Gaga best lead single....

What are your predictions for the album? Im sticking to 85k

Basically no promo
Mediocre lead single
Mediocre album

The dropoff for second week sales is gonna be rough too. Gaga is gonna have a brutal couple of weeks (will reviews be lower than artpop?). Y'all can tell me that RedOne isn't good, but let's be real here. If she just sang like she used to and worked with RedOne things would probably be much different.

But noooo "Ronson is good!!!" "ReDone is bad and dated!!!" do I need to post the receipts? RedOne+Gaga is basically always great.

Ayo is shit

Hey Girl is a really, really good song imo. The production itself is damn good and she should have gone with a sound like that for the whole album instead of the bad country shit tbh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Joanne is crap
completely forgettable
literally the only song I properly like is John Wayne, beyond glad I canceled my preorder as £2 is more than enough.

To think I used to worship the ground she walked on.

Glory is better.
Artpop is more entertaining.

There is nothing good about a bunch of gays blindy stanning someone and only wanting to have circle jerk discussions who can't take criticism and have mental breakdowns when someone says they don't like their fave's album.

A-YO is such a drunk messy bop but I fucking live for this

GET OFF ON ME
MY BODY'S GOT YOU PLEADIN'
LIGHT ME UP AND BREATHE IN

Come through superior MANiCURE/less commercially viable Shake It Off

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
A-Yo
for those of you have not sullied yourselves

ATRL jovially stanning for Joanne while POPGAF stays predictably miserable. Truly the mark of a new Gaga era. <3

I'm finally biting and listening to it tonight. Pray for me :O

I hope you like it sis
(lbr you'll find a way even if you don't)

Vazduh

Not sure how I feel about Gaga's album yet. Only at one listen and not sure if I even want to listen to it again.

Gaga is going to need all the luck she can get on the iTunes charts. Therefore...

2788799e6a5dab91e88eeb9e03c36dd4.jpg

There is nothing good about a bunch of gays blindy stanning someone and only wanting to have circle jerk discussions who can't take criticism and have mental breakdowns when someone says they don't like their fave's album.
Tbh

It's just as bad as just dismissing stuff due to it being Gaga tho. Like some in this comm &#127773;

Stan and hater opinions are both about as invalid.

Top Bottom